• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

aref9200

aref9200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:dvb
I wanted to install CM7 on my nexus but I couldn't install the ROM via clockwork recovery so I did SDEXT Partition after that I lost everything on SD.I have to move backup files to SD But I don't know how.pleas give me a solution.Only I have fastboot now.Is there any way to flash the ROM via superboot?

moordown66

moordown66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
  • Twitter:@-
Can anyone give me a couple of tips before I start please? Don’t want to get half way through and find myself in a mess. I am totally new to this having come from an iphone which I did the jailbreak on.

I have a Nexus S with build GRH78C and I’ve downloaded the appropriate zip so I am ready to go. The thing is, I bought it from Carphone Warehouse so am assuming I have the retail version.

That’s where I’ve got stuck as there’s the note which says: If you are using a retail Nexus S, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your PC). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device (including the internal SD storage!)

Do I have to do this, and how do I do this? If I do need to do it, can anyone point me to a simple step by step guide which assumes absolutely no knowledge?

What I actually want to do is load the Axura-1.3.16.11-NSE rom to see what that is all about.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

ceyad

ceyad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:nexus one
  • Twitter:@ceyad
hello paul,
please confirm:
is it work for nexus S 19023?
i9023 android 2.3.3 GRI54

lpasq

lpasq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & WiFi Xoom

hello paul,
please confirm:
is it work for nexus S 19023?
i9023 android 2.3.3 GRI54

confirmed working for i9020A GRI54

l4cky

l4cky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Samsung OMNIA 2
I just bought a Nexus S GT-i9020F (canada, fido) and it is GRI54 preloaded in 2.3.3

1. Will superboot GRI40 work for me? If not what should i do?

2. What is a retail nexus s vs oem?

3. Also before rooting, do I need to backup some stuffs? If yes how?

4. Do I need to install a custom rom after rooting? (Is there going to be the original rom after rooting or you need to install a custom one?)

5. After rooting, how to do install app? (is there something like installous for iphone?)

Thanks, I am really new to android, I know nothing. Watched some videos but I am already lost :)

Heintraag

Heintraag

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus S
If i understand the first post correctly it does not mess with the rom you got when you bought the phone. I unlocks the boot image.

But i also would like to know what a retail version is.. i got a Nexus S through Vodafone Netherlands and there is no Vodafone brand on it. Can i assume this is a non-retail version or is this a retails version because i got it through a provider?

ecrangel

ecrangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anybody knows how change the frequency of Nexus S, to work with 850MHz over HSDPA?
Thank's,
Edison

Jlopez1286

Jlopez1286

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hey Paul,

will u have a supeboot for 2.3.4 also??? i just got my OTA update...

dgdroid

dgdroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S I9020XXKB1 (GRI40)

Hey Paul, will u have a supeboot for 2.3.4 also??? i just got my OTA update...

I wanted to "undo" Paul superboot installation in order to upgrade to 2.3.4 (unrooted).

I found a way that worked for me:
1) Download "f182cf141e6a.signed-soju-ota-102588.f182cf14.zip" (Stock ful 2.3.3 rom).
2) Deposit at the root of your SD on the phone.
3) Boot into Fastboot and chose recovery.
4) Choose the above file
5) Do the same with "a14a2dd09749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip" (upgrade to 2.3.4).

Now of course you have lost superboot... and your phone is virgin again (but still unlocked).

I hope this help.

PS: My Nexus S is I9020XXKB1 with Build number GRI40.

Edited by dgdroid, 01 May 2011 - 08:25 AM.

Lakjin

Lakjin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Just waiting on Superboot update before I update to 2.3.4!

Jlopez1286

Jlopez1286

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
anyword yet Paul on Superboot for GRJ22??

Provolino

Provolino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Looking forward to it :mellow:

badtant

badtant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hmm, need to get some things clear for me.
I have 2.3.3 with Pauls Superboot. I got 2.3.4 with OTA and tried to install it but got error Status 7. Something about patch_check on boot. I thought I would be able to update without problems (apart from loosing root). Was I wrong? What do I need to do to be able to install the update?

arunshen

arunshen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:astronomy<br />astrophotography<br />golf<br />gadgets<br />DIY NAS<br />IP AV playback
  • Devices:UK VF - Nexus S

I have 2.3.3 with Pauls Superboot. I got 2.3.4 with OTA and tried to install it but got error Status 7. Something about patch_check on boot. I thought I would be able to update without problems (apart from loosing root). Was I wrong? What do I need to do to be able to install the update?

As I understand it, if you have Paul's 2.3.3 MCR, you can't do OTAs. You will need to wait (join the crowd!) for Paul to update his MCR to 2.3.4

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Graham19

Graham19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What version of the Nexus S are you using?

I was running a 2.3.3 Nexus S that had Superboot applied. I ran the update manually (using the full ROM) then flashed CWM recovery and ran the su patch to regain root.

More steps to follow than Superboot but I was feeling a bit braver this time :unsure:

Please see this thread for download details: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1056062

badtant

badtant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm not using Paul's 2.3.3 MCR, only Superboot on i9020T.
Graham19: What do you mean by "I ran the update manually (using the full ROM)"?

Graham19

Graham19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm not using Paul's 2.3.3 MCR, only Superboot on i9020T.
Graham19: What do you mean by "I ran the update manually (using the full ROM)"?

I downloaded the full ROM from the google servers, copied to phone storage then ran the update through recovery. You'll need an unlocked bootloader, but you should have done that prior to running Superboot.

Instructions can be found here: http://androidforums...-2-2-3-1-a.html

Make sure you are using the correct ROM for your phone and your battery is fully charged before you start. The instructions are quite straightforward. Read them through a couple of times before you start and don't miss out any steps!

Edit: Before I started I was on stock 2.3.3 with Superboot to give me root.

Edited by Graham19, 10 May 2011 - 09:18 PM.

badtant

badtant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ah, I didn't know there were full roms to update with.
So this is full 2.3.4 that I apply the same way as other updates?:
http://android.clien...41.da820629.zip

Graham19

Graham19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ah, I didn't know there were full roms to update with.
So this is full 2.3.4 that I apply the same way as other updates?:
http://android.clien...41.da820629.zip

That seems to be the right one. It's the one I applied (but I have a i9023).

I'm a noob so I'd hate you to brick your phone on my say-so!

What I did was look round the forums and see if I could find multiple threads that linked to the same download. That let me know I was updating with the correct file. Maybe you could do something similar?

ectole

ectole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
all right, i screwed up. i´ve got the 2.3.4 update ota and tried to use one of those superboots for 2.3.3 and now my ns won´t boot anymore.
Please, what should i do now? i´m kinda worried now, what should i do to get thiings straight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users