Liveview and another OS

Guest thempage

Guest thempage

I've been looking at the Liveview and thinking that it's a great idea (and something Apple could do with the nano!). I was wondering if anyone else thinks it might be possible to use this with a different phone operating system? Now obviously they don't have the necessary applications to install on the phone to sync with the Liveview but surely that could be overcome? Seems to me that all you would need to do is to somehow intercept the information passed from the Android phone to the Liveview and vice versa and that would allow you to create an app on another platform that sent out / could receive information in the same format. They all have bluetooth after all. I'm not sure if they all allow the same control over bluetooth Android does so it's speculation at this point. Anyone else think this is possible or even care? I'd love to have something like this for my Pre as well as my pulse. I've never made anything that uses the bluetooth connection on any phone but it could be an interesting project.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thedicemaster

should be possible for any "smart" OS that is open with regards to 3rd party software, though it won't be easy.

WM6.5 should certainly be possible, but i don't know about other mobile operating systems.

i can tell though that support for iphone/ipod touch is very unlikely unless SE decides to bring support themselves.