363 replies to this topic

stanno

stanno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

cobhc

cobhc

Diehard

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Jet, San Fran, HD2

Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

Sandisk 16gb from Play.com working fine here.

This place is in dire need of separated sections. It's kinda like we're shitting where we dine.

Spank_1973

Spank_1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp
sandisk or kingstone you can't make a mistake

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3G

sandisk or kingstone you can't make a mistake

That's what I thought but it's simply not true. To be sure of having a working one, I bought the Kingston 16GB Class 4 card but it doesn't work in either the OLED or TFT SFs that we have. I paid £22 for it rather than £16 for one from Play so I'm not too pleased about it. It keeps unmounting. The problem I now have is sending a card back that will no doubt test ok in a PC and that's what the vendor will base his test / refund against.

stanno

stanno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

That's what I thought but it's simply not true. To be sure of having a working one, I bought the Kingston 16GB Class 4 card but it doesn't work in either the OLED or TFT SFs that we have. I paid £22 for it rather than £16 for one from Play so I'm not too pleased about it. It keeps unmounting. The problem I now have is sending a card back that will no doubt test ok in a PC and that's what the vendor will base his test / refund against.

That's right. My 16GB class4 from MyMemory does exactly the same - unmounts whenever trying to add data via USB.

Thanks for the feedback. Scandisc class 2 looking good so far.

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

That's right. My 16GB class4 from MyMemory does exactly the same - unmounts whenever trying to add data via USB.

Thanks for the feedback. Scandisc class 2 looking good so far.

Mine came from the same place. I'll report back on how they dealt with the return. How did you manage with your own ?

I ought to add that there are no driver issues either. On my own PC I'm using the latest ones from the SDK and on the other we're using the latest ones from ZTE.

Edited by netdudeuk, 26 December 2010 - 03:01 PM.

welshhippy

welshhippy

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm using THIS ONE.

£15.99 including delivery to the uk. Class 4.

Works perfect with pauls alpha4 froyo rom with a2sd+ :(

EDIT: for the record my blade is a B08/TFT model.

Edited by welshhippy, 26 December 2010 - 03:08 PM.

stanno

stanno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Mine came from the same place. I'll report back on how they dealt with the return. How did you manage with your own ?

Haven't returned it yet. It's packed up with a return form waiting to go to the Post Office. If MyMemory won't refund then I guess it's going on Ebay!

rudyred

rudyred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF - ZTE Blade

Maybe it is too late, but my Kingston 16 GB class 4 (SDC4/16GB) works perfect on my Orange SF with the Orange ROM. I've only removed the SIM-lock.
I parted the card in 13 GB Fat32, 3 GB ext2, 32 MB linux-swap, and left the first 4 MB free as the card came to me.
I've just moved some music to the card via USB no problem. I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Maybe you should try to format the card and try it again.

-----
It is a TFT Orange SF

Edited by rudyred, 26 December 2010 - 04:56 PM.

rbbrslmn

rbbrslmn

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
16GB class 4 kingston from mymemory.co.uk works fine for me.

tdodd

tdodd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note; ZTE Blade
My Play.com 16GB Class 4 seems to work perfectly well.

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Best case speed ratings for different file sizes on my San Fran....

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

oiltrader

oiltrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Sandisk 16gb from Play.com working fine here.

Just for everyone's information.

San Disk Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC Class 2

is now available at play.com for £13.94.

Use the code SECRETSANTA10 to get 10% off.

thanks to HotukDeals

oiltrader

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp

My Play.com 16GB Class 4 seems to work perfectly well.

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Best case speed ratings for different file sizes on my San Fran....

Posted Image

perfect a site with free delivery in France tyvm :(

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

GalacticUncle

GalacticUncle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
OK, I have a 16Gb Kingston Class 4 SDHC microSD, which did have the mounting issue that people have mentioned. However, I did get it to stop and I did not reformat it. All I did was use an SD card adapter (that came with it) to add some files to it and then deleted them ALL on WinXP machine. Once they were all deleted I popped it back into the SF and it worked fine. All a bit weird if you ask me.

Anyways, hope that helps others.

GU

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Maybe it is too late, but my Kingston 16 GB class 4 (SDC4/16GB) works perfect on my Orange SF with the Orange ROM. I've only removed the SIM-lock.
I parted the card in 13 GB Fat32, 3 GB ext2, 32 MB linux-swap, and left the first 4 MB free as the card came to me.
I've just moved some music to the card via USB no problem. I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Maybe you should try to format the card and try it again.

-----
It is a TFT Orange SF

Thanks for the reply. I still have the card here thanks and would be happy to try other things but creating all those partitions seems like hard work (even if I downloaded Ubuntu) and maybe too complicated. I wonder if there's an easier solution ?

I just formatted the card with FAT32 on my Windows 7 PC. I also tried formatting on the phone but didn't get anywhere.

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

OK, I have a 16Gb Kingston Class 4 SDHC microSD, which did have the mounting issue that people have mentioned. However, I did get it to stop and I did not reformat it. All I did was use an SD card adapter (that came with it) to add some files to it and then deleted them ALL on WinXP machine. Once they were all deleted I popped it back into the SF and it worked fine. All a bit weird if you ask me.

Anyways, hope that helps others.

GU

Interesting. I've no idea why that would work but I'm going to try it now thanks.

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco
Verbatim, labelled as Class 2. Basic testing showed much faster speeds than Class 2. Works fine, no bother at all.
Bought from Amazon (EDIT --- that's Amazon UK) nearly 6 months back.

Edited by oh!dougal, 27 December 2010 - 05:45 PM.

TheVirreVirren

TheVirreVirren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
TFT, modaco froyo alpha3:

transcend microSDHC 16GB class 2, working fine!

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Interesting. I've no idea why that would work but I'm going to try it now thanks.

As I expected, that made no difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users