hungarian ZTE blade sw update to solve memory problem

Guest DonJamal

Guest DonJamal

Hi there,

I called the Tmobile service and they said that tha new soft will be available on jan.4 (this will solve the problem who has 256MB to see all 512)or i can download it from the zte site... but i dont find this update... anybody else know how to dl it?

Guest fonix232
Hi there,

I called the Tmobile service and they said that tha new soft will be available on jan.4 (this will solve the problem who has 256MB to see all 512)or i can download it from the zte site... but i dont find this update... anybody else know how to dl it?

It was already discussed, ZTE not released the software yet, and the software comes out this wednesday!

Also, you can't upgrade to it at home as it contains such parts of the software what can not be applied without the matching hardware!

Guest Sebastian404
It was already discussed, ZTE not released the software yet, and the software comes out this wednesday!

Also, you can't upgrade to it at home as it contains such parts of the software what can not be applied without the matching hardware!

Hmm, does this mean a 3rd version of the firmware is coming? or is this the 2nd one we already have?

Hi there,

Did you go to a T-Mobile service point? Did they say anything about the processs of fixing this thing?

Does it mean that this upgrade requires some ZTE upgrade hardware that T-mobile might have?

Guest DonJamal
Did you go to a T-Mobile service point? Did they say anything about the processs of fixing this thing?

i called them...u should go a local t -point nearby u... and they will fix it with an sw update

Guest markusj
Hmm, does this mean a 3rd version of the firmware is coming? or is this the 2nd one we already have?

rumors say that we'll have a froyo update soon, I don't know if this is it or it's just a bugfix.

Guest fonix232
Does it mean that this upgrade requires some ZTE upgrade hardware that T-mobile might have?

Yep, I guess so. I got info from ZTE that there is a pre-bootloader stuff what needs to be overwritten to handle all the 512MB RAM, and that can be only flashed by a special hardware I guess (nor recovery neither fastboot has access to this partition AFAIK).

Nope, it isn't froyo yet, it is a bugfix!

Yep, I guess so. I got info from ZTE that there is a pre-bootloader stuff what needs to be overwritten to handle all the 512MB RAM, and that can be only flashed by a special hardware I guess (nor recovery neither fastboot has access to this partition AFAIK).

Nope, it isn't froyo yet, it is a bugfix!

Yiiiiiiip!

I don't mind Froyo, but this one is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyy good news!

Guest fonix232
Yiiiiiiip!

I don't mind Froyo, but this one is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyy good news!

If it does not need spec hardware (or if it needs, I don't mind), I will ask the T guys for the software installer itself :(

Guest Sebastian404
If it does not need spec hardware (or if it needs, I don't mind), I will ask the T guys for the software installer itself ;)

Your getting your device back this week?

can you (or anyone else who has a HUNGARIAN ZTE Blade) do a 'cat /proc/mtd' and post the results here

I'm just wondering, since the softbank device has a totaly different partition layout, maybe the hungarian one does too...

maybe the hungarian language got so many extra strange characters with umlauts all over the place... it needs more storage space :(

Guest Phoenix Silver

can you (or anyone else who has a HUNGARIAN ZTE Blade) do a 'cat /proc/mtd' and post the results here

I'm just wondering, since the softbank device has a totaly different partition layout, maybe the hungarian one does too...

maybe the hungarian language got so many extra strange characters with umlauts all over the place... it needs more storage space :(

# cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 00480000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd1: 00480000 00020000 "boot"

mtd2: 00180000 00020000 "splash"

mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "misc"

mtd4: 02940000 00020000 "cache"

mtd5: 0cf80000 00020000 "system"

mtd6: 0d020000 00020000 "userdata"

mtd7: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

#

it's the french version "Internet Tactille II" TFT 512 megs RAM 3.2 meg pix

don't know if this help

Not so many ;)

Hungarian special accented characters are á, é, í, ó ö, ő, ú, ü, ű, that's all ;)

Not an easy language, anyways

Edited by gusthy

Guest PeaNut_HU
Not so many :(

Hungarian special accented characters are á, é, í, ó ö, ő, ú, ü, ű, that's all ;)

Not an easy language, anyways

Would be nice to see a real RS232 adapter that can write to the parts of the phone flash partition that even linux does not see, but then again, it need a serial port enabled kernel or not?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Got the firmware upgrade to my phone, but not the firmware itself :S

The hungarian Blade has the exact same layout as the Orange SF!

So does your phone "see" the 512MB RAM now?

What about simply dumping the fixed ROM ?

Guest Sebastian404
it's the french version "Internet Tactille II" TFT 512 megs RAM 3.2 meg pix

don't know if this help

thanks for that, that is the same as the SF... but it does bring another question up.... have you flashed your firmware? we still need a Internet Tactile II ROM for the stock roms collection :(

Guest fonix232
So does your phone "see" the 512MB RAM now?

What about simply dumping the fixed ROM ?

The prebootloader, what fixes the RAM problem, can not be dumped, as Linux does not see that area. That's why I am still looking for the files.

Guest Sebastian404
The prebootloader, what fixes the RAM problem, can not be dumped, as Linux does not see that area. That's why I am still looking for the files.

You got your device back? is it still the same version of the firmware? or has that changed too?

Guest fonix232
You got your device back? is it still the same version of the firmware? or has that changed too?

I got new firmware, what's boot fixed the gradient problem (you got that boot.img too, 2.5.1.8 recovery is based on that), and also the prebootloader too. Build (bulid? :() number is B03!

Edited by fonix232

Guest PeaNut_HU

Yeah, but somewhere i read you could use the RS232 pins beetween the SD and SIM card slot to hack the phone further.

It surely has some low level bootloader like U-Boot or something similar.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Got the firmware upgrade to my phone, but not the firmware itself :S

The hungarian Blade has the exact same layout as the Orange SF!

Where and how did you get it?

Guest fonix232
Where and how did you get it?

Debrecen, Gambrinus köz-i T központ, szervíz. Leviszed, mondod hogy szoftverfrissítést kérek mert csak 256MB RAMot lát, és megcsinálják. És lehetőleg kérd el a ZIPet D: