This is a custom ROM based on the Japanese Softbank 003Z ROM.
IMPORTANT! Everyone must wipe data/cache when updating from RLS7 or erlier. Even if you tried RLS7.5 (sorry but I signed some more stuff after RLS7.5 so a wipe is needed)
When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe.
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9.zip (for normal Clockwork install) (118.6Mb system) MD5: 1698CF7AF9D130B02DDC471D089751D8
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: DA8282015E345AE01D5EE50AAD82A5B3
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon) MD5: E7085706514C4237F2BEA3BD3B3E26D0
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI) MD5: F65302426A12077CDFB5C389B3BF1358
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator) MD5: 5C83B00A26F1DA4D1F0E42F7BAF40FBE
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_deskclock.zip (Addon to replace Alarm Clock with Desk Clock) MD5: FBBEB626B5E06D7EEF2097844C6525FB
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS8_blueish_kbd.zip (Addon to change orange to blue on G-bread kbd) MD5:27B4C271657B42C0A52B10FDF4611979
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9FCB24D6DDE54527D15CE6C06DBF1D94
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio.zip (RDS capable kernel and Andorkos FMRadio 0.6) MD5:F0B72DCB0742414AE957F92B1578690C
- Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio_ahb.zip (RDS capable kernel (ahb overclocked version) and Andorkos FMRadio 0.6) MD5:D6FFF8ABCF04FEC2C589AEDEB3F9F7FB
Use Clockwork Recovery 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 to install the ROM and addons. Remember to Wipe data/cache when installing the ROM. No wipe, no whine...
It also works to use the RA_Recovery as an alternative to Clockwork.
LCD and/or Apps2SD user may want to try this Clockwork version where I replaced the kernel with my custom kernel so it supports EXT3 and the new displays: http://android.modac...p...t&p=1501261
Changing system partition size to 128Mb and data to 286Mb(FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY ON THEIR OWN RISK!)
- Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
- Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
- When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)
Don't forget to rename or remove the "image" folder on the SD-card when you are done so that you do not reinstall your phone by mistake later on. Sometimes it enters the "image" install when you try to boot into bootloader mode if the image folder still exists on the card.
Go back to standard partition sizes
Repeat the above but with this "image" folder: http://www.mediafire...xtckadj09b7sxt2 MD5: C8010D841AF463F3CB1FDEDFFAFA3B1E. After this you will have Clockwork Recovery as both boot and recovery image so you'll need to put a ROM on your SD-card and install.
RDS Radio update - 2011-02-24
- New kernel with Andorko's RDS modifications.
- Andorko's FMRadio version 0.6. More info here: http://andorko.hu/android/
- If you feel this update to JJ is worth a donation then please send them to Andorko, the RDS thing is his work: http://andorko.hu/android/
- Compiled 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP source. Fixes join/split of contacts but you'll lose group support and the ZTE dialer codes. Use addon if you prefer the old versions.
- Changed automatic brightness to go as dark as the Chinese 2.2 build.
- Fixed charging LED to work like in 2.1 builds.
- Added IPv6 privacy options to /system/bin/userinit.sh. Edit userinit.sh if you for some reason do not want this.
- Added examples on how to set min and max frequency in userinit.sh (for advanced users).
- Replaced Mms.apk and SpareParts.apk with versions I compiled from AOSP source. (propably no difference at all)
- Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).
- Added VoiceSearch as it is not available in Market for some.
- Added CIFS support to kernel.
- Added a non-renamed Gingerbread keyboard (stolen from a Nexus AOSP build) so it's now called "AndroidKeyboard".
- Signed everthing connected to framework-res.apk, Contacts.apk and Mms.apk with AOSP platform certs. This makes life eaiser for themers.
- Enabled standard Dialer in Contacts.
- Removed SmartDialer.apk.
- Updated Mms.apk with the version from the now released Chinese V880 ROM (previously used Mms.apk from leaked V880 ROM).
- Disabled AGPS by default. Not sure it makes a difference to turn it on and it seems to provoke some "Connection cannot be made" if enabled.
- SmartDialer and RLS7 version of Contacts.apk (without dialer) as an addon.
- Blue-ish Gingerbread keyboard as addon (using a selected part of modifications found here.
- Updated RA recovery.img in "image" install (TPT) to Sebastian404s latest version.
- Facebook sync fixed
- gps.conf back to pre-RLS6 version
- resolv.conf removed (don't think it was used anyway and have only seen it in CM releases)
- VPN menus enabled in Settings.
- Automatic time setting enabled in Settings.
- Signal indicators fixed (using same levels as in ZTE 2.1 ROMs)
- Original Alarm clock back (has more options) but can be replaced with Desk Clock through addon if DeskClock is preferred.
- Stock Filer app back as it can be good to have a simple file manager in place.
- Removed lots of lib connected to the iwnnime (japanese IME) that was removed erlier. (Size of system is now below 120Mb)
- Changed HH.MM time display to HH:MM in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish language files.
- Added more PPP options in kernel (for VPN).
- Circle battery indicator is no longer the default but can be added as an addon.
- Added Sebastians RA recovery (with CM colors) to the "image" install as it supports EXT4 and also the addons needs a recovery image.
- I'm sorry but it is NOT resigned with test keys as I promised it would be. I'm afraid resigning everything with testkeys can lead to problems when updates to "stock" apps like Gmail and Market arrives. This needs to be investigated further before testsigning the release.
- Fixed gps.conf
- RIL libs for Saunalahti users to stop it from appearing to be roaming when it's not.
- Added Gmail back as it seems to missing in Market for some people.
- Replaced AlarmClock.apk with DeskClock.apk.
- Added resolv.conf with Googles public DNS-servers.
- Added Googles SUPL host in gps.conf.
- Disabled hardware GUI as eat seems to eat battery (enable with addon if you want it)
- Changed wifi scan interval from 15 to 180 seconds (saves battery).
- Updated apns-conf.xml with some changes found in CM 6.1.
- Enabled EXT4 and PPP in kernel and changed kernel to use LZMA compressed initrd.
- Removed the built in Japanese voicemail numbers.
- Removed recovery.img from "image" install so that it doesn't overwrite any previously installed recovery images.
- Removed the hacked "stock" FM Radio and updated Andorko's version to 0.5.
- No more bloating, only one super-slimmed version that fits on 128Mb system partition (more info and instructions will come later)
- New kernel with overclocking support (Use SetCPU)
- Added swap and compcache support.
- Compiled and added tun.ko for the new kernel.
- Re-added Google Search box.
- Replaced MMS app with version from the chinese leaked ROM which supports adding multiple recipients.
- Replaced libril-qc-1.so and libcm.so with versions from the Swedish Comviq ROM (previously used versions from the Finnish Saunlahti ROM).
(Saunalahti users should use the attached update so that it doens't look like it's roaming)[/url]
- Now also works without SIM cards (thanks to MDCFan)
- No bootlogo, keeps Splash screen until bootanimation starts. Saves space in ramdisk and splash is rather easy to replace yourself compared to replacing the bootlogo.
- Removed Nexus bootanimation and uses the default Android flashing logo.
- Added ADW Launcher
- Added Emulator ROMs
- Added VM Heap tool (and changed VM Heap size back to the default 24Mb as you can now easily change it yourselves)
- Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.
- Changed default wallpaper.
- Made a super-slim lite version that fits well within a 128Mb system partition (see "Partition layout change" thread and this post for more info.)
- Removed libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so as suggested by Flibb to get rid of the random mp3 playing issues.
- Put the new Settings.apk and SettingsProvider.apk into the right place so this time Tethering and Assisted GPS controls should be there.
- (native)Wifi Hotspot
- USB tethering (mobile data or Wifi)
- Enabled AGPS and the checkbox to control it.
- Replaced Home Switcher with Froyo version
- Included both working Radio apps (thanks to MDCFan and Andorko
- Jellyfish got missing after a tragic misunderstanding at a sushi bar and have been replaced with green android and nexus bootanimation.
- Updated Linpack to latest version.
- The USIM error on unlocked phones is now gone (thansk to MDCFan)
- The Japanese extra call dialogue that some people experienced is gone.
- Circle battery indicator
- Removed APNDroid as it is obsolete with the new Power control widget.
- Updated Titanium Backup
- Removed the CKPD-daemon
- Added Spare Parts
- Cleaned ROM from branding, custom contacts, bookmarks etc...
- Added most of the extra stuff from Finnish Fillyjonk (Launcher Pro etc...)
- Upgraded several Google apps and Market.
- Unlocked all languages
- Added Gingerbread Keyboard and made it the default IME.
- Added Wifi tethering app as this kernel, as opposed to the 2.1 kernel, seems to have the needed netfilter stuff enabled.
- Enabled hardware GUI accelleration, stagefright etc...
- Sometimes when an app request root permissions it just "hangs". Resolved by restarting phone or just kill all tasks with a Task killer.
- Some phone companies "borrows" other companies networks and will show as roaming when it didn't with the stock ROM. In this case you need to replace libcm.so and libril-qc-1.so with the versions from your stock 2.1 ROM. Updates attached for Saunalahti and Yesss.
Edited by kallt_kaffe, 24 February 2011 - 07:16 AM.