4107 replies to this topic

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3
Brilliant rom thanks for all the hard work.

Are we any closer to fixing the phone/dialler battery drain? I'm getting 45% battery used by cell radio (Cell Standby) and 20% battery used when phone is idle (Phone Idle) even without having used dialler since boot.

Also what is causing the phone to hang when on granting superuser permission? Can this be fixed?

Also A2SD doesn't work on my EXT3 partition.

Teasy

Teasy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

What rev do you have? Mine is 2.0.4. When I press the menu button in SetCPU, then select the device selection, I've got a page full of text with 3 buttons at the end. The middle button is "autodetect speeds recommended". I don't need to select any device...

I had an old version. I've just installed 2.0.2 (newest I could find) and it now lets me select autodetect. Still though it has the max speed fixed at 528Mhz ;)

EDIT: Rebooted my phone and now it allows higher speeds.

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Teasy, 16 January 2011 - 09:57 PM.

IronDoc

IronDoc

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Devices:Blade

I've tried this already, it doesn't help. Thanks though.
Seems like the timer needs to pass before a scan.
There's also a Blade wifi fix app in the market, which doesn't work for me either.

Just change wifi.supplicant_scan_interval back to what you want.

LVL91

LVL91

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Meizu M8, HTC Desire, OSF
About the battery drain people, it has none on JJ RLS7.
I have a second phone and use my OSF as an android laboratory like many of you do to.
Since I had to make some exams, I wasn't able to experiment with the OSF, so I just left it on my desk.
I regularly checked to see whether the battery has dropped/been drained.
I have been looking for 2 days now, and the battery has dropped only for about 15%, that is incredible to see since my HTC Desire often likes to drain the battery.
I am going to overclock it now @ a stable 710Mhz, set the Wifi interval back to 15 sec and see what the battery has to say next.
Will let you know ;)

Edited by LVL91, 16 January 2011 - 11:35 PM.

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

About the battery drain people, it has none on JJ RLS7.
I have a second phone and use my OSF as an android laboratory like many of you do to.
Since I had to make some exams, I wasn't able to experiment with the OSF, so I just left it on my desk.
I regularly checked to see whether the battery has dropped/been drained.
I have been looking for 2 days now, and the battery has dropped only for about 15%, that is incredible to see since my HTC Desire often likes to drain the battery.
I am going to overclock it now @ a stable 710Mhz, set the Wifi interval back to 15 sec and see what the battery has to say next.
Will let you know ;)

Sorry, but the dialler is still showing with a high percentage of battery usage when idle. Whilst it may not amount to a huge drain it's still an annoying bug.

Edited by popoyaya, 16 January 2011 - 11:59 PM.

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

hello

I got massage during any change in mobile settings but everything is ok...

PS1 i did not change ANYTHING.

PS2 I see that this problem is not minor.

Maybe you installed the Japanese Shiatsu rom by mistake? ;)

nSkuL

nSkuL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco

Maybe you installed the Japanese Shiatsu rom by mistake? ;)

:'D

Daminos

Daminos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

How i apply the addons after installing the rom?

jr866gooner

jr866gooner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Not sure if this effects others but I cannot sync with AppBrain with this rom at all! Am I alone?

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab2 P5100, Galaxy S3

Not sure if this effects others but I cannot sync with AppBrain with this rom at all! Am I alone?

You beat me to it! I also have this problem, whether with wifi or 3G.

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab2 P5100, Galaxy S3

Sorry, but the dialler is still showing with a high percentage of battery usage when idle. Whilst it may not amount to a huge drain it's still an annoying bug.

I also get the dialer using 48% of the battery.

I installed Ray Dialer as an alternative to the stock dialer & now get the following:

Cell standby 45%
Phone idle 29%
Display 23%
Android System 3%

Not sure if this is any better?

Edited by dwl99, 17 January 2011 - 08:58 AM.

ak167777

ak167777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:v880
Thanks for the Brilliant rom and hard work ;)
It works really fine for me

M1kz

M1kz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
  • Twitter:@-

Hello,

How i apply the addons after installing the rom?

same way as you install the rom

Salsaholic

Salsaholic

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade aka OSF

[...]for some reason I cannot install ClockWorkMod and get it up running, is there any chance I can compile a TPT version with the hardware acceleration installed ?

Also, can I compile a TPT with other rom's Zip files ? (out of curiosity)

Once you used TPT to install RLS7, you will have RA Recovery installed (similar to ClockWork, just better ;)). You can then use the RA Recovery to install addons or even other ROMs - as long as these fit into the 128 MB system partition.

So, no re-packing of the TPT image needed!

Autarch

Autarch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Kallt, could you pleas provide a kernel with IPv6: Privacy Extensions enabled? The kernel does not use this by default, so every mobile can be identified in the net.

CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY is already compiled into the kernel, but I think it's not enabled by default. A quick bit of Googling suggests you can hack it with sysctl, either with something like the following, which I guess could be added to your init.rc (which itself needs to be built into boot.img)

sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr=2
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr=2

I've now tested this from the command line and it works. Kallt suggests adding these to /system/bin/userinit.sh as in his ROMs this gets executed at the end of init.rc

Adding similar lines (less the "sysctl -w" bit) to /etc/sysctl.conf may also work.

majnu

majnu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I was getting pretty much the same tbh fantastic rom though and it's great that there's people like kalt etc that do these roms but unfortunately i've swapped to the flb r6 instead for now purely as the battery life is so much better. Over night i only lost 1% on the battery with background data and 3g still switched on whereas on the jj rom i would lose 10% or more, if it wasn't for the battery drain i'd definately still be using this rom.

That is pretty much what everyone is saying. JJ great ROm but a battery killer, Fibble's ROM great all rounder for every day use. But I'm just a sucker for the name jelly fish ;)

zgod

zgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@zgod
First of all, thanks you for you great work :-)

I just have one little issue. I can't "copy/paste" in GMail, why ?

Andyroid

Andyroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Moto G 2nd Gen 2014 - Stock KK

That is pretty much what everyone is saying. JJ great ROm but a battery killer, Fibble's ROM great all rounder for every day use. But I'm just a sucker for the name jelly fish ;)

I've heard battery issue mentioned on every release of the JJ rom but for me its never been an issue, guts of 50hrs it had been running last time before I put it on charge, still showed 20%'ish left on the batt meter.

Thats it running clocked @748, I let JuiceDefender Ultimate manage the SF power, but I dont use any taskkiller, I would say the phone gets normal use.

Andyroid

Tiddy_

Tiddy_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Movies, Cycling, my motorbike :)
  • Devices:G300
  • Twitter:@Tiddy_
Opinions on whether this is better than Paul's rom please? I'm using his R3 rom currently and would like to upgrade soon. Any help would be appreciated greatly

Boo

reluctant_traveller

reluctant_traveller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (TFT)
Hmm, What settings have changed to stop pinch to zoom working in the gmail app?
My wifes SF on de-orangeated 0.8 seems to have this feature and it is greatly missed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users