[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Is it just me or is the list empty when I try to manually join contacts (Edit contact -> menu -> join)? Using RLS9.

EDIT: Nwm, fixed it by wiping data from the 3 contacts related apps, even though I flashed RLS9 after a full wipe :lol:

Edited by pellen

Guest Frankish

Quite a decent selection of themes now available for RLS9. Follow the link in my signature. There are a few more that need porting yet but there is plenty to keep you going.

Guest extremedigital

Hi KK as usual nice work on RLS9

I am sure not many people may notice this but just in case you cannot merge contact with facebook IF it has already merged a contact with a 'whatsapp contact'

If you do it will cause the phone to mini crash but you can still use the phone as normal.

The fix is to temporaly remove whatsapp from syncing and then you can merge, ps the whatsapp program will automatically re add itself to sync after a set time so no worries there....

Hope this helps someone

Guest johannes140

Hi KK, thanks for upgrading the ROM to RLS9!

One issue i have is that the proximity sensor seems to work (sensor apps respond correctly), but while calling the screen rarely turns off, which is bad because i then hit the "pause" button with my ear ;-)

it didn't happen on rls8 or on pauls rom.

thanks for any advice!

btw, did both an update from rls8 and a full wipe, no difference.

Edited by johannes140

Guest johannes140

Does the proximity sensor work for anyone on RLS9, resulting in the screen turning off while in a call and the phone close to an object? thanks for trying out, it doesn't work for me :-(

Edited by johannes140

damn... i have no data package and when i installed RL8 it downloaded all the backups from google --> 130€ bill instead of 13 € -.-

with my desire they asked if you wanna use data connection or only wifi! =/

I have problems with the proximity sensor, too.

Well - I am not sure but I think it doesn't work at all? Because it happend serveral times today that I accidentially ended a call - with my ear I guess.. =/

And still the accelerometer won't work when I switch the phone to standby (for sleep-phase alarms for example) - can anyone confirm this?

Edited by tonydl

Firstly, thank you for making this!

Would it be possible for you to use multiupload for releasing roms? Mediafire is very very slow for me, and the choice would be good for others too I think.

Thanks again!

Guest Graham1

Hi

Since upgrading to RLS9, I have been unable to connect to my wireless AP. I am using a 63 alpha-numeric password (from here > https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm) and using WPA2-PSK. Have flashed RLS9 twice now and applied password 3 times on each (using show password to check). AP is fine as I've been using my laptop and having restored RLS8, wireless is working again.

Btw, thanks for RLS9 release. Hope this can be resolved (fingers crossed)

:lol:

Edited by Graham1

Guest tanivula

Hey KK, RLS9 is pretty awesome. thanks for the hard work and look forward to the next ROM releases you've got planned.

After going from RLS8 to RLS9, I see that my calendar entries has changed a bit (or rather how they are being displayed) - all day entires used to have a little bar at the top just underneath the date (week view) whereas in RLS9 it takes out the whole day.

Not really a BUG as such but something a bit annoying!

[edit] Sorted! Turned out it was because I failed to update build.prop to my timezone before flashing (without wiping).... False alarm! [/edit]

Edited by tanivula

Does the proximity sensor work for anyone on RLS9, resulting in the screen turning off while in a call and the phone close to an object? thanks for trying out, it doesn't work for me :-(

Yes, it does.

Guest gameSTICKER

RLS9 TPT IMAGE Issue: Did TPT Image just fried my radio module?

I downloaded RLS9 TPT Image, checked MD5, installed it as per the guide and everything was fine, RLS9 started and I had ample of space in my system partition. Signal was proper and I could make calls too.

Only till I did a factory reset, my radio stopped working, always showing no signal. At first I thought it was my provider, but the no signal lasted for the whole night. Them I tested my SIM in another cell and another SIM in my cell, and it turned out that it was my Blade which was not receiving any signals.

I tried everything, wipe, reinstall (using image method), numerous reboots, but nothing helped. I'm too worried that my radio module has been fried. I'm going to revert to normal partitions and install RLS9 by usual clockwork method and will update you. In them meantime, can anyone suggest anything?

Guest David Horvath

Hi Guys,

I was on JJ RLS4, and i wanted to jump to RLS 9, but i keep getting the green android man. Tried to wipe and to reinstall the zip file, no luck. I tried to wipe, install, wipe too, nothing. Could you advice what can i do?

Thanks,

David

Guest gameSTICKER
Hi Guys,

I was on JJ RLS4, and i wanted to jump to RLS 9, but i keep getting the green android man. Tried to wipe and to reinstall the zip file, no luck. I tried to wipe, install, wipe too, nothing. Could you advice what can i do?

Thanks,

David

1. Check the MD5 of downloaded ZIPs

2. Make sure your recovery image is latest CW or RA

3. Make sure you DO NOT install any themes before first boot

Guest Rotmann
damn... i have no data package and when i installed RL8 it downloaded all the backups from google --> 130€ bill instead of 13 € -.-

with my desire they asked if you wanna use data connection or only wifi! =/

:lol: are you serious about this? This is just sad. No comment.

I downloaded RLS9 TPT Image, checked MD5, installed it as per the guide and everything was fine, RLS9 started and I had ample of space in my system partition. Signal was proper and I could make calls too.

Only till I did a factory reset, my radio stopped working, always showing no signal. At first I thought it was my provider, but the no signal lasted for the whole night. Them I tested my SIM in another cell and another SIM in my cell, and it turned out that it was my Blade which was not receiving any signals.

I tried everything, wipe, reinstall (using image method), numerous reboots, but nothing helped. I'm too worried that my radio module has been fried. I'm going to revert to normal partitions and install RLS9 by usual clockwork method and will update you. In them meantime, can anyone suggest anything?

I would revert to the normal partitions too and install the stock ROM to see if it fixes it. Did you check the MD5 before TPT? If you still have the flashed ROM on your PC/SD, could you compare the MD5 now? Let us know if you managed to repair it.

I was on JJ RLS4, and i wanted to jump to RLS 9, but i keep getting the green android man. Tried to wipe and to reinstall the zip file, no luck. I tried to wipe, install, wipe too, nothing.

I'd try to use the TPT method (Total Phone Transfer). Just put the "image" folder from the "image" zip-file onto the SD card and hold "menu" and "volume up" pressed when turning on the phone. Then it will take some time, repartitioning and re-formatting the NAND partition. If you had turned on all sync options, all contacts will be merged from gmail then and all previously installed programs from market will be installed again.

The hungarian blade should already be known to work OK with TPT.

Guest Salsaholic
Yes, it does.

Lucky man! Proximity sensor also not working here. Did you do anything special?

I updated from 8 to 9 using RA Recovey, booted, applied circle battery add on, booted and deleted data of the 3 contacts apps (btw: their names change with the language setting, in German they all 3 start with "Kontakte")

Only till I did a factory reset, my radio stopped working, always showing no signal.

Well. Just flash the ROM again and leave the "Factory reset" option alone this time. If the ROM is newly flashed it is in a "factory" state anyway.