[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Lucky man! Proximity sensor also not working here. Did you do anything special?

I updated from 8 to 9 using RA Recovey, booted, applied circle battery add on, booted and deleted data of the 3 contacts apps (btw: their names change with the language setting, in German they all 3 start with "Kontakte")

In the worst case you could try to flash RLS 9 again using the low level TPT method. This will wipe and reformat anything. But check in the sticky thread if your phone is confirmed to work with TPT.

At least for me (I always use TPT) the proximity sensor works...

Guest kallt_kaffe
According to http://androidandme.com/2011/01/phones/upd...-android-2-2-2/ the SMS bug has been fixed....

Looks like there is a complied MMS.apk available here: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...for-froyo-roms/

I've not tried it on my SF yet, just been Google-ing around!

Good find. I'll try to patch the source and compile a new Mms.apk and make an addon with it. But as I've just swtiched repos (AOSP to CAF) it'll take some time to get through the first compile.

Guest David Horvath
1. Check the MD5 of downloaded ZIPs

2. Make sure your recovery image is latest CW or RA

3. Make sure you DO NOT install any themes before first boot

The MD5 did not match, now its booting. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

David

Guest chall32
Good find. I'll try to patch the source and compile a new Mms.apk and make an addon with it. But as I've just swtiched repos (AOSP to CAF) it'll take some time to get through the first compile.

Created a separate thread for this as it potentially affects all ROMs, plus I didn't want to go too far off topic in this thread.

SMS Thread is here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-fixed-sms-app/

Guest terribleb

Hi,

First of all, a fantastic rom and for everyone doing some serious work on this phone thankyou!

I have a problem on RLS9, whenever I compose a new sms, I do not get the ability to choose recipients from my phone book, I have to type them in one by one. I know this was an issue before so I looked back a few pages and downloaded Mms.zip from this thread.

I then adb pushed this to my phone, and bingo I now have the the little 'head & shoulders' beside the To box when I compose an sms. However unfortunately this does nothing whenever I click on it... it does not bring up the contact selection pane....

I currently have RLS9, blusih_kbd, circle_battery and later installed BlueGingerbread-thincircle theme...

Anybody have any ideas how to get the sms recipient selector back????

Thanks,

C

Guest eucurto
In the worst case you could try to flash RLS 9 again using the low level TPT method. This will wipe and reformat anything. But check in the sticky thread if your phone is confirmed to work with TPT.

At least for me (I always use TPT) the proximity sensor works...

Proximity sensor on a call is not working right. The screen goes off when i get the phone next to my face but when i take it away the screen doesn't come on again. I have to press a hardware key to wake it.

Flash method: From RLS8 - wiped the 3 contacts app - flash RLS9(clockwork) - boot - flash battery circle

A Question concerning: # Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: DA8282015E345AE01D5EE50AAD82A5B3

I am currently on RLS9 installed via clockwork, all is working fine, but repartioning seems a good idea.

How do i do it best? Download above file and install it?

What about installed progs, will they stay or does it mean, that i have a Blade with factory defaults and completely wiped?

A Question concerning: # Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_image.zip (for repartitioning and install) MD5: DA8282015E345AE01D5EE50AAD82A5B3

I am currently on RLS9 installed via clockwork, all is working fine, but repartioning seems a good idea.

How do i do it best? Download above file and install it?

What about installed progs, will they stay or does it mean, that i have a Blade with factory defaults and completely wiped?

I'm always happy with installing the image via TPT. You loose everything. Everything ist wiped. I always do a titanium backup, backup call logs ans SMS and then do a TPT.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi,

First of all, a fantastic rom and for everyone doing some serious work on this phone thankyou!

I have a problem on RLS9, whenever I compose a new sms, I do not get the ability to choose recipients from my phone book, I have to type them in one by one. I know this was an issue before so I looked back a few pages and downloaded Mms.zip from this thread.

I then adb pushed this to my phone, and bingo I now have the the little 'head & shoulders' beside the To box when I compose an sms. However unfortunately this does nothing whenever I click on it... it does not bring up the contact selection pane....

I currently have RLS9, blusih_kbd, circle_battery and later installed BlueGingerbread-thincircle theme...

Anybody have any ideas how to get the sms recipient selector back????

Thanks,

C

It will propably start working again if you also install the group_contact addon (RLS8 version of Contacts & ContactsProvider) and make the clear data for contact apps trick.

Likely the ZTE version of the Mms.apk that has this feature depends on other changes in their version of Contacts.apk.

Guest johannes140

The proximity sensor not working all the time while in a call is a somewhat big issue, because i accidentally hang up / hold calls with my ear :-)

at anyone whose sensor seems to be working: please try to make a couple of test calls and test the sensor for 3-4 times each time, it works just fine sometimes for me, too. thanks!

EDIT: @Kallt_kaffe, i just checked: the sensor IS working all the time (checked with "my sensors" app), but the phone.apk (or whichever app is used while in a call) doesn't register the sensor change correctly. sometimes it does, most often it doesn't.

did you change this .apk from RLS8 to RLS9? Thanks!

Edited by johannes140

I'm always happy with installing the image via TPT. You loose everything. Everything ist wiped. I always do a titanium backup, backup call logs ans SMS and then do a TPT.

Thanks, worked.

Guest Salsaholic
EDIT: @Kallt_kaffe, i just checked: the sensor IS working all the time (checked with "my sensors" app), but the phone.apk (or whichever app is used while in a call) doesn't register the sensor change correctly. sometimes it does, most often it doesn't.

Johannes, did you install the smartdialer add-on, or not? The dialer is the app responsible for the actual "telephone" bit, so I guess there's a bug in the new dialer compiled from AOSP by kallt_kaffe (unless say you added smartdialer...)

Guest PeterDreher
Johannes, did you install the smartdialer add-on, or not? The dialer is the app responsible for the actual "telephone" bit, so I guess there's a bug in the new dialer compiled from AOSP by kallt_kaffe (unless say you added smartdialer...)

I wanted to ask that, too. But sure there are some bugs with the Jellyfish 2.2 and the Swiss Blade.

Iam using Smart Dialer.

Sometimes after reboot my screen is really bright and i have to call somebody for auto-brightness to work again.

Think it has to do with the overclocking-Kernel-version.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest johannes140

No, i did not try the smartdialer-addon. i compared the changes in .apk-files from RLS9 to RLS8 and only found differences in the contacts-related apks, vending and mms... where is the stock-dialer located? i am going to try the tpt-flasing-method now and will report back, after that i will test the smartdialer-addon.

also, on another note: on pauls thread a lot of people write about the wifi bug, that an already added wifi says "disabled, secured with..." and a reconnection is therefore unsuccessful.. any idea how to fix this, kallt? seems to be a driver issue...

Guest PeterDreher
No, i did not try the smartdialer-addon. i compared the changes in .apk-files from RLS9 to RLS8 and only found differences in the contacts-related apks, vending and mms... where is the stock-dialer located? i am going to try the tpt-flasing-method now and will report back, after that i will test the smartdialer-addon.

How to install the ADDONs like CircleBattery and HW_UI wenn using TPT-Flashing-Method?

Thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
On stock rom when battery full GREEN LED on but its not GReen with RLS9

With RLS9 it should be green when charged to 90%-100% unless you've put on an theme that replaced /framework/services.jar with a version that doesn't have the LED fix.

Guest kallt_kaffe
The proximity sensor not working all the time while in a call is a somewhat big issue, because i accidentally hang up / hold calls with my ear :-)

at anyone whose sensor seems to be working: please try to make a couple of test calls and test the sensor for 3-4 times each time, it works just fine sometimes for me, too. thanks!

Phone.apk is used when in a call and it has not been changed between the RSL8 and RSL9. Contacts is just the dialer where you enter the number (the same goes for SmartDialer). The phone number is then passed to Phone.apk who takes care of making the call. No idea why you would get this problem in RLS9 and not in RLS8. Asfaik nothing that would affect that has been changed.

Guest johannes140

Just did a tpt-flash of RLS9, the proximity sensor still doesn't work correctly while in a call. will now try the smartdialer-addon.

EDIT: Smartdialer-addon didn't help. the sensor still is very unresponsive during a call... this is NOT present on RLS8!

Edited by johannes140

Guest logigamer
Thanks, worked.

TPT? I think clockwork is the same, difficulty is the same, start clockwork, wipe ALL, install from SD Card, YES, I want it and reboot, and you got repartitioned.