Does anyone use spotify on the blade?

Guest rbbrslmn

Guest rbbrslmn

wondering what peoples are opinions are of how it functions (thinking of trying it myself, I know there is a 7 day free trial available now but I'm not eligible as I've used it before)

Edited by rbbrslmn

wondering what peoples are opinions are of how it functions (thinking of trying it myself, I know there is a 7 day free trial available now but I'm not eligible as I've used it before)

I haven't as you need to have a premium account to use the mobile features.

Guest rbbrslmn

thanks for your replies though I was already aware you needed spotify premium...

it may well be worth it though, i just want to know how well the app performs.

Guest heavyduty00
Got really excited about the app until I found out you cant use it on free Spotify Accounts :(

LOL me too! But if i had a paid account, I would defo use it.

You can get free music downloaders for android on ur phone so its ok tho.

Guest daisyhayseed

I use Spotify everyday on the Blade without any problems. I would be lost without it. I'm a premium account holder and it certainly saves me a lot of cash I would otherwise spend on albums. In fact, I have one account which my wife uses on her Blade as well. We can use the one account simultaneously, just as long as one of us is using off-line playlists. :(

The only drawback is Spotify doesn't have all the albums I want. For example, they have nothing by The Arcade Fire. I think this is due to relationships with certain record companies and regional restrictions.

Edited by daisyhayseed

Guest rbbrslmn
I use Spotify everyday on the Blade without any problems. I would be lost without it. I'm a premium account holder and it certainly saves me a lot of cash I would otherwise spend on albums. In fact, I have one account which my wife uses on her Blade as well. We can use the one account simultaneously, just as long as one of us is using off-line playlists. :(

The only drawback is Spotify doesn't have all the albums I want. For example, they have nothing by The Arcade Fire. I think this is due to relationships with certain record companies and regional restrictions.

I'd pay more for it not to have arcade fires latest dire one tbh!

I think I'll take the plunge this week and buy a month to try it out

Guest tabor56

I had it on the pulse, it was great. but did drain the battery and was not great to use on 3g. If you want a cheaper alternative grooveshark is like $3 a month

Guest rbbrslmn
Yeah I had the 7 day trial then had premium for a month. It's a good service but the app is a little slow on the blade and uses up a lot of battery.

took the plunge and bought a month, speed doesnt seem an issue (theres been a recent update) battery use seems to be oddly brutal though and it might not last past the month for that reason....

winamp was really nasty on the batteries too.

Guest dragon2611

Yes I have it on mine, although recently cancelled it as I don't use it as much anymore.

Used to use it almost every day when I was commuting, think it saved my sanity on those train journeys.

There is a slight background hiss from the ZTE's amplfier cicurit that can be heard on very soft tracks but otherwise it works ok.

Guest Matty-p
I had it on the pulse, it was great. but did drain the battery and was not great to use on 3g. If you want a cheaper alternative grooveshark is like $3 a month

actually its $9 a month but still thats only a little over half the price of spotify

Guest Matty-p
actually its $9 a month but still thats only a little over half the price of spotify

ok found a offer if you buy a t-shirt including shipping is just over 30$ they give you a years free goshark anywere account worth $90 and after the year you can upgrade for just $30 per year and you get to enter a contest to win a ipad !! great deal ! ordering now and they accept pp!!

Guest Matty-p
ok found a offer if you buy a t-shirt including shipping is just over 30$ they give you a years free goshark anywere account worth $90 and after the year you can upgrade for just $30 per year and you get to enter a contest to win a ipad !! great deal ! ordering now and they accept pp!!

dose anyone live in the us and want a free t-shirt as its £6 differance in p&p and i dont actually think the t-shirt is worth that much !

Guest Matty-p
dose anyone live in the us and want a free t-shirt as its £6 differance in p&p and i dont actually think the t-shirt is worth that much !

offer over i forked out the extra £6 for international shipping ordered and payed via paypal (unverified) and was like £23 including shipping for t-shirt a year of groveshark unlimited everywere (android and iphone app no ads ect) and i entered competition for ipad and i can now renue every year for a third of usual price only $30 eqiv of like £19 !!

Guest Cronnix

I am really disappointed with the app. You have to sign up every time after screen lock, shuffle is not working properly (playlist is not random whole time, but is randomly built once and then plays in same order), it often stops playing for a min after a song in shiffle before it thinks where to move next.. Not to mention huge battery drain.

But I guess its a good option if you got little space on sdcard and unlimited 3G.

Guest Matty-p
I am really disappointed with the app. You have to sign up every time after screen lock, shuffle is not working properly (playlist is not random whole time, but is randomly built once and then plays in same order), it often stops playing for a min after a song in shiffle before it thinks where to move next.. Not to mention huge battery drain.

But I guess its a good option if you got little space on sdcard and unlimited 3G.

Spotify or grove shark? ?

Guest Matty-p
Can anyone else comment on Grooveshark?

I would be using wifi almost exclusively and would rarely if ever use shuffle.

Cheers

ive brought a years sub but havent dl'd the app yet looking at the coments tho not so great :( oh well was half te price of spotify and has same features im happy i got it .

Edited by Matty-p

Guest rbbrslmn
ive brought a years sub but havent dl'd the app yet looking at the coments tho not so great :( oh well was half te price of spotify and has same features im happy i got it .

taking a look at grooveshark I think you'd have to be mad to get a years subscription to it, I dont see how it can possibly last seeing as the whole thing is copyright infringement on a massive scale.

don't get me wrong I'm not averse to piracy whatsoever and have accounts with (*the big two*) private music torrent sites... I just don't see how its going to avoid legal action

Guest Matty-p
taking a look at grooveshark I think you'd have to be mad to get a years subscription to it, I dont see how it can possibly last seeing as the whole thing is copyright infringement on a massive scale.

don't get me wrong I'm not averse to piracy whatsoever and have accounts with (*the big two*) private music torrent sites... I just don't see how its going to avoid legal action

i hadent noticed nything baout that now ive googled round and read ive come to this conclusion

they claim to be totaly legal, the selling/buying music is a little grey but the streaming seems fine right ?

im not into piracy i thought it was totaly legal i like most think people should be paid for what they do just not exessively thats why i brought a years groveshark all the music i want to listen to for £5 a month in my eyes thats fair is not a steal but its not a rip off and i thought it was totaly legal it seams that it "mostly" is but theyve survived a long time allready theve been around nearly 4 years Grooveshark launched in private beta in early 2007

they say Brings Legal Music Sharing to Gators and the world

more than 30,000,000 users

only seems bad for users who uplad content Repeat offenders, users who have uploaded unlicensed content more than two times, have had their Grooveshark accounts suspended

seems aposutely fine tbh

Edited by Matty-p