[Request]B7350 Stock rom

Guest alncool

Guest alncool

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a stock or custom rom for my GT-B7350 but could not find anything on the web... I'm currently running an Orange version so ... I cannot use my phone as a modem without an interprise SIM card and many more limitations.

Any help would be welcomed !

Thank's.

AlnCool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Loco5150
Hi

Thanks for the site.

did u try any of those firmwares? have u ever noticed any kind of SOD (sleep of death) bug? i'm currently with latest european rom. btw, do u know where can i find official roms? i search a lot and couldn't find any...

cheers

Im also on the newest European rom, had SOD maybe 2 times in 2 weeks. I also experience some random freezes from time to time. I really havent had time to start looking in to it, as my phone is a tool not only a toy and with all tweaks and program installs it takes time. I have quite few programs installed so I dont really know could a rom change fix anything. One of the roms I downloaded from SamFirmware (or just found at google dont remember) didnt have Opera in it, and probably will try that next (saves some space from main memory). I have almost all programs installed to memory card.

Besides those roms at SamFirmware I found few other roms floating around google, but most of them were without any release date or other info... Would be really nice to get a complete list of roms available with some details about release dates and maybe even bug fixes.

Over all its a good phone if you need a business phone. I like this form factor. Few latest phones I had were HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Snap and now this. Touch Pro 2 went to service and it took ages, then I tried Galaxy S which naturally has the crappy asssss android... I gave that to my girlfriend and she loves it, for sure its good if you dont use office tools. The screen was so amazing that I decided not to go back to the Touch Pro 2 anymore when I got it finally back. I used the Snap for a while until I saw this and bought it in a spur of the moment, thought Im throwing money away but it is actually a really good phone to me.

Anyone have idea can we expect any rom releases coming soon?

Guest jmsmartins

I'm also on latest european rom since i wrote the above post, but i've never had SOD bug again... strange...

I'm enjoying the phone and don't regret switching to a smaller screen, the qwerty keyboard is really nice and easy to use. Also the battery life is great!

Would be very nice if some experts could cook some custom roms, especially w/ WM6.5, since 6.5.x still got some compatibility issues.

Cheers

Guest Loco5150

No more SOD or Freezes for few days. I have Advanced Config installed and changed few values back from "adviced" to "default" file system cache size back to "auto" and File system filter cache to "disabled". It maybe helped.

Something eats the memory, I have SKTools runnin cleanup every night at 6am, normally it gets back about 10mb of program memory.

Guest jmsmartins
No more SOD or Freezes for few days. I have Advanced Config installed and changed few values back from "adviced" to "default" file system cache size back to "auto" and File system filter cache to "disabled". It maybe helped.

Something eats the memory, I have SKTools runnin cleanup every night at 6am, normally it gets back about 10mb of program memory.

i didn't get SOD anymore as well... memory eats are perfectly normal, we are talking about wm6.5.x afterall :(

i wish someone cooked something for this great device

cheers

Guest Loco5150

Flashed to a different rom, one of the lates Europen again. It is different than my previous at some part at least. However Im experiencing some call drops, especially at home and I think its because the phone switches from 3G to 2G.

Can I flash only the radio part from these other roms and try to fix the problem without having to flash the whole phone and would need to instal everything again?

EDIT: Well I just left the "Phone Boot" and "Phone" ticked and flashed a different radio part from other rom. At least it changed the radio version in system info. Well see if makes a difference.

Edited by Loco5150

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Loco5150

I had my B7350 in service. Had some I/O problems with memory card. I was sure it was because some tweak I had made, but they changed some chip and no more problems.

Take the newest European rom, works ok considering its 6.5.3. I have SKTools running everyday 6am, and have no need normally for reboots during the day.

• 11 months later...