Underwhelmed.....by far.....

Guest griffitt3

Guest griffitt3

Played with this phone for a while yesterday. Very very disappointed. I decided on the mytouch 4g. Out of the box It scored 1866 quadrant and neocore 65 fps. Pretty impressive!

Guest griffitt3

YUp. I was going in to buy the nexus s. Wanted it bad. Very bad. Was very very disappointed with it. Performs good, but didn't do nearly as good as the mytouch 4g. I was just shocked by this. Very.

Guest AndyCr15
YUp. I was going in to buy the nexus s. Wanted it bad. Very bad. Was very very disappointed with it. Performs good, but didn't do nearly as good as the mytouch 4g. I was just shocked by this. Very.

OKay... and you just wanted to tell someone...?

Mine performs very well. I think the one you tried was faulty.

Guest griffitt3
OKay... and you just wanted to tell someone...?

Mine performs very well. I think the one you tried was faulty.

I wasn't trying to start anything. i was just posting the benchmark results for what I found. I was just simply shocked. NOT what I expected at all. I wanted the Nexus S SO SO bad. They had 7 of them at Best Buy and 2 were working. I agree it was snappy as heck. Graphics were good too, but the screen wasn't a huge leap that I thought it would be.

I do stilll like the nexus, I was just expecting SO much more. The rep owns a nexus S and the Mytouch 4g. Said between the two he liked the Mytouch better. I told him BS......then a huge conversation followed. We then benchmarked the two.....while I was laughing saying "the mytouch can't touch it"......and BAM! It beat it AGAIN AND AGAIN.

The lack of SD card and flash was kinda a down side as well. 2.3 was cool, but I realize that when the Mytouch 4g gets it that will boost the performance even more (so 2.3 people say). I walked out with it and I must admit.....I like it. HTC really put out an amazing phone.

I wish Nexus/Google would team up with HTC and make the next Nexus. That could be simply the best phone ever!!

BTW..........congrats on your phone Andy. What all do you like about it so far?

Guest AndyCr15

Seriously, you're basing this on benchmarks, even after saying it felt real snappy?

Iove the battery life, the screen, the build quality, the speaker, the keyboard, the battery stats function, the overall look.

In the UK we don't have MT4G so I can't compare, but I have a Desire HD which is the biggest most powerful HTC over here. It's REAL hard to choose between the two. I guess I'm just surprised you were expecting a big power house of a phone. I could have told you a few weeks back this wasn't that.

Guest The Jones

I have used a Desire HD and just like all HTC phones with Sense on I found it to be sluggish and unresponsive. My wife's Desire is the same.

Given a native software experience, its much of a muchness. Some of Android is better optimised for the Snapdragon processor I am told, but in terms of performance, there is going to be little difference, so it comes down to software.

The Nexus S is easily the fastest feeling phone I have ever used (and I have used a lot) and I dont really care about the benchmarks. I suspect this is in a good part down to Gingerbread and I look forward to confirming that when my Nexus One gets an update.

Guest griffitt3
I have used a Desire HD and just like all HTC phones with Sense on I found it to be sluggish and unresponsive. My wife's Desire is the same.

Given a native software experience, its much of a muchness. Some of Android is better optimised for the Snapdragon processor I am told, but in terms of performance, there is going to be little difference, so it comes down to software.

The Nexus S is easily the fastest feeling phone I have ever used (and I have used a lot) and I dont really care about the benchmarks. I suspect this is in a good part down to Gingerbread and I look forward to confirming that when my Nexus One gets an update.

The desire can't be compared to the mytouch 4g. This thing has 2nd gen snapdragon, 768 Ram(more than nexus s), and a sep gpu like the nexus s has. So spec wise the desire isn't even close.

Everything on this phone isn't "snappy". Its INSTANT. Right out of the box. The Nexus is an killer phone, but this thing is just as good if not better in some areas. I have always hated the Mytouch line, and thought HTC phones were just OK.....but this is just NOT what I expected to be saying at all.

As far as benchmarks, no they can't be the ONLY way to compare phones performance but it dang sure is a good place to start.

No sd turned me off too....I put my 16 gig sd in this and now have 20 gigs storage. Also the Nexus S didn't include HD video cam?! Oh....and the "4g" (glorified 3g actually) is so much faster. I had to see this to believe it, but its true.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.....just thought I would post up some results that TO ME were truly shocking.