It is basically a re-package of Sebastian's 0.2 ROM and pulling in some fixes from Paul's ROM and enabling HW acceleration.
url removed for download pending further testing.
- added Google Talk back
- removed additional apps
- stagefright off by default
- added files for tethering (USB should work, but not tested. the wifi tethering menu is there, but i didn't have time to make all changes needed to make this work yet, this will be for the next version)
- updated Phone.apk for MDCFan's changes. should solve the network unlock, but i still recommend to unlock before flashing.
i added a minimal cache file, so now it should no longer be necessary to wipe cache before installing. however, if for some reason your phone is very different and the first boot fails, you can try wiping the cache before attempting the first boot again.
system is now squeezed down to 117mb, but i left the system partition at 128mb to give more 'headroom'.
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on tmpfs 208.3M 12.0K 208.3M 0% /dev /dev/block/mtdblock5 128.0M 117.1M 10.9M 91% /system /dev/block/mtdblock6 287.6M 31.9M 255.7M 11% /data
The following apps are now in system by default (in order from largest to smallest):
<SNIP> for rest of details on this release, see here:
- Repartition to increase data space from 207mb to 287mb
- Froyo 2.2
- Hardware acceleration on
- VM heap size set to 32m
- 900+ quadrant score 'out of the box'
0. Make a backup of your existing phone.
1. Unpack the zip file into a folder called 'image' on your sdcard. it is best to use an sdcard reader and verify the image with md5 to avoid problems.
2. Turn off the phone
3. Hold down the volume up key and at the same time press the power button
4. When the updating process starts, you can release the keys
5. The phone will reboot automatically when the update is complete
6. Rename the /image folder on your sdcard. The reason for this is that the TPT install does not ask before flashing, so if you leave the files on there and accidentally press power and volume up at the same time, it will re-flash your phone again!
- YOU MUST NETWORK UNLOCK YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING
- This will overwrite your recovery partition with Clockwork Mod (seb's version). If you don't want it, then delete the 'recovery.img' from the image folder.
- I've removed a lot of apps even from Sebastian's quite clean ROM, if you want them, you'll have to re-install. Most notably, gmail and email apps are gone.
This is what the update looks like when you run it:
Thanks to Seb, Paul Tom G, MDCFan and others who provided the base for this ROM and others who helped me learn enough about Android to put this together.
Edited by isambard, 04 January 2011 - 10:15 PM.