Rooted Nexus One to froyo, now no market app!

Guest madhedgehog

Guest madhedgehog

Hi, I bought a nexus one off ebay a few days back and it turns out it had been rooted and so was still on Android 2.1 (EPE45B). Using this link I installed the FRF50 froyo software using these instructions and it all work except now I have no market app and it's not installed on the phone at all!

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this sort of thing and basically just want my phone as update to date as possible, I'm not to fussed about doing weird and wonderful things with it with different ROM's. What's the best way for me to get onto froyo with a market place app please!

Guest madhedgehog
Hi, I bought a nexus one off ebay a few days back and it turns out it had been rooted and so was still on Android 2.1 (EPE45B). Using this link I installed the FRF50 froyo software using these instructions and it all work except now I have no market app and it's not installed on the phone at all!

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this sort of thing and basically just want my phone as update to date as possible, I'm not to fussed about doing weird and wonderful things with it with different ROM's. What's the best way for me to get onto froyo with a market place app please!

Anyone, please?

Guest madhedgehog
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?

fid=339896f4d9bf4e6d000472da3b32db46&hl=en for more discussion.

I also googled this link ...

And as for the link! ... This is the page:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3797

It deals with your problem ... You're not alone!...

Thanks for that. I've been looking around and I downloaded the vendor.apk file but even that doesnt want to install. As a complete beginner, where would I find an original ROM to install and then how do I install it?!

Guest BooCee
Thanks for that. I've been looking around and I downloaded the vendor.apk file but even that doesn't want to install. As a complete beginner, where would I find an original ROM to install and then how do I install it?!

From what I've read ROOTING is easy, but playing with a rooted phone is fraught. My advice [for what its worth] Is hold back on ROM'S and work with what you've got! ...

Read the Chinese link and work from that!

RGDS.

Guest madhedgehog
From what I've read ROOTING is easy, but playing with a rooted phone is fraught. My advice [for what its worth] Is hold back on ROM'S and work with what you've got! ...

Read the Chinese link and work from that!

RGDS.

Cheers, I've already tried that. Not sure what to do now tbf