[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest galock
for the second request ONE way is to install handcent sms app then change ringtones from android settings

anyway since the ringtone I've on my sd card are in aac format, after the selection, if anybody calls me instead of the selected ringtone it's played the default ringtone

I guess that it's something related to aac decoding libs

Edited by galock

anyway since the ringtone I've on my sd card are in aac format, after the selection, if anybody calls me instead of the selected ringtone it's played the default ringtone

I guess that it's something related to aac decoding libs

i didn't touch the aac libs in the rom)

p.s. added "Next Song" when pressing camera button to MODULES thanx LCR)

Edited by lgcmn

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I use Bluetooth very often for file sending, so I noticed the ugly bluetooth icon pretty quickly (I use the Launcher 2 version with the default skin). Delving into the ROM's framework-res.apk, I noticed a couple other icons that seemed out-of-place, like the tethering icons and the lockscreen charging indicator, as well as a few others. So I decided to "greenify" these icons, and package them back into the framework-res.apk, then flash it. I also changed the vibrate icon to make it more visible against the black background (nothing special, just increased the brightness a bit using duplicate layer + screen layer mode and added a soft white glow in the background).

Problem is, apktool keeps spitting out "Public symbol xxx/yyy declared here is not defined" errors when I try to rebuild the apk, so here's the zip containing the icons themselves, hope you can integrate them into a newer version of the green theme that we can flash to the device: http://www.mediafire.com/?1r5pc2677c78h99

I use Bluetooth very often for file sending, so I noticed the ugly bluetooth icon pretty quickly (I use the Launcher 2 version with the default skin). Delving into the ROM's framework-res.apk, I noticed a couple other icons that seemed out-of-place, like the tethering icons and the lockscreen charging indicator, as well as a few others. So I decided to "greenify" these icons, and package them back into the framework-res.apk, then flash it. I also changed the vibrate icon to make it more visible against the black background (nothing special, just increased the brightness a bit using duplicate layer + screen layer mode and added a soft white glow in the background).

Problem is, apktool keeps spitting out "Public symbol xxx/yyy declared here is not defined" errors when I try to rebuild the apk, so here's the zip containing the icons themselves, hope you can integrate them into a newer version of the green theme that we can flash to the device: http://www.mediafire.com/?1r5pc2677c78h99

if u want to change only some graphic files, u don't have to compile/decompile framework-res.apk, u can just replace them in it :D

Guest galock

i didn't touch the aac libs in the rom)

can anybody try to play an aac file with the music player?

I want to find out if it's just my problem with aac files

thanks

Guest galock

I've a (stupid) question about themes

I've checked that each of them is quite big (5mb)

If I flash one of them. do they replace files of the stock theme or they add 5 mb of theme files?

I want to know because I'm quite short of internal memory storage and so if by flashing a them I lose 5 mb of storage, than I quit with themes ;-)

thx

can anybody try to play an aac file with the music player?

I want to find out if it's just my problem with aac files

no, not only yours) just downloaded an .aac file and player didn't played it..

do they replace files of the stock theme or they add 5 mb of theme files?

they replace the original ones, but the color themes are little bigger (500-900 Kb)

Guest galock
no, not only yours) just downloaded an .aac file and player didn't played it.

so is there a way to fix this bug?

anyway I tried to restore the misic.apk but I made a mess and now I don't have misic.apk at all...can anybody arrange an update.zip with music.apk? I'd very appreciate this

they replace the original ones, but the color themes are little bigger (500-900 Kb)

I'm on the Rom with just android UI..so I suppose that if I install gingerbread black theme I get 500-900Kb more...isin't it?

thx

Edited by galock

so is there a way to fix this bug?

anyway I tried to restore the misic.apk but I made a mess and now I don't have misic.apk at all...can anybody arrange an update.zip with music.apk? I'd very appreciate this

I'm on the Rom with just android UI..so I suppose that if I install gingerbread black theme I get 500-900Kb more...isin't it?

thx

Music.apk update

:D

nope, stock lan2 theme is the smallest)

Guest Teofashion

HI GUYS,

Today i delete the sync service and now i don't see in the menu account and sync!!!! if i add a new account in gmail the program crash whit a message error can you add the link for download the apk

sorry for my english , tanks

Ragazzi cancellando un pò di apk ho cancellato anche il servizio di sincronizzazione ora nel menù impostazioni non vedo più account e sincronizzazione e non riesco a modificare l'account utente chi gentilmente me lo linka?!

grazie mille

Guest gnufabio
Ragazzi cancellando un pò di apk ho cancellato anche il servizio di sincronizzazione ora nel menù impostazioni non vedo più account e sincronizzazione e non riesco a modificare l'account utente chi gentilmente me lo linka?!

Hi Teofashion,

From the install archive of t&l gingerbread editio (14) extract system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk on the desktop. Put it in a folder called "app" (without quotes), the put folder app in a folder called "system (without quotes).

Then make a new dirextory on the desktop with subdirectories: META-INF/com/google/android. Make a file called "update-script" in the folder "android" and put there that code:

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:

Save the file. Make a .zip file of META-INF and system directories. Then put the archive in the root of your phone, and flash without signcheck that archive with malez recovery.

Edited by gnufabio

Today i delete the sync service and now i don't see in the menu account and sync!!!! if i add a new account in gmail the program crash whit a message error can you add the link for download the apk

so wut? just flash this rom again, and you'll see account and sync again.

or push apk with adb..

or copy-paste-set_permissons with root explorer..

for how-to - use search.

Guest gnufabio

However I tested this awesome ROM:

-Great battery drain: only 1% for 75 minutes in standby

-Very very smooth

-Gingerbread style

-Only 75 mb on Read-Only Memory

-More free RAM than lcr

:D

Guest Teofashion
Hi Teofashion,

From the install archive of t&l gingerbread editio (14) extract system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk on the desktop. Put it in a folder called "app" (without quotes), the put folder app in a folder called "system (without quotes).

Then make a new dirextory on the desktop with subdirectories: META-INF/com/google/android. Make a file called "update-script" in the folder "android" and put there that code:

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:

Save the file. Make a .zip file of META-INF and system directories. Then put the archive in the root of your phone, and flash without signcheck that archive with malez recovery.

i love u!!!

Guest Ximo F. Verde
therefore if we don't apply the thweak we would have agps optimized for russia? isn't it?

After various small but very annoying bugs on FroYoMetal im gonna try this ROM, see if i can get things running a bit more stable. I live in Spain and as i can tell there is no gpsfix for the country available. Should I use some other country's fix (or none?) ?. Can we have a spain-specific fix pls? How about overall speed/stabillity.. Any more comments on that?

Thanx to the hard-workin devs and the enlightning users

After various small but very annoying bugs on FroYoMetal im gonna try this ROM, see if i can get things running a bit more stable. I live in Spain and as i can tell there is no gpsfix for the country available. Should I use some other country's fix (or none?) ?. Can we have a spain-specific fix pls? How about overall speed/stabillity.. Any more comments on that?

Thanx to the hard-workin devs and the enlightning users

added agps tweak for Spain)

Guest Ximo F. Verde
added agps tweak for Spain)

Thanx for the super-fast answer/solution!! So, do i flash the t_l_GPS_Spain.zip from Males Recovery? And another thing.. If I only need to install PicoTts.apk & TtsService.apk from the Stock_App zip file to make navigation work, do I have to do it thru malez recovery or i just install on android like a normal app? What should i need to do to flash these 2 apks from malez?

Thanx again for the help

EDIT: Explaining myself better: In order to flash these 2 apk's from malez i have to: Unzip the stock apps zip, delete all other apk's except picotts and ttsservice, re-zip it, save to SDcard, flash from malez? Can someone confirm this?

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Hi,

is there a way to have display sensitivity script and adblocking like in lcr-f on t&l rom?

yes, there is.. we will try to add these scripts)

EDIT: Explaining myself better: In order to flash these 2 apk's from malez i have to: Unzip the stock apps zip, delete all other apk's except picotts and ttsservice, re-zip it, save to SDcard, flash from malez? Can someone confirm this?

u don't have to unzip, just delete all .apk except needed and flash with no sign check :D

Guest Ximo F. Verde
yes, there is.. we will try to add these scripts)

u don't have to unzip, just delete all .apk except needed and flash with no sign check :D

Cool.. Done, thanx

Guest DragonZ

Been using this ROM now for a week or so. Great battery drain!

On average I'm getting about 2 days , 20 some hours with 20% battery left. This is moderate use of Gmail checking, some light web browsing, a few calls daily.

Awesome job.