Which HTC model ?

Guest emporto

Guest emporto

Hi;

After using my Samsung i900 omnia over one year, I want to buy a new HTC for myself.

I don't like the Windows Mobile so I want to buy one of Android OS HTC, I have budget for this, so any HTC model can be suitable, price is not important.

Which HTC modal that uses Android OS, is best for your opinion ? I focused on HTC Desire HD model after I read the tech radar reviews but I need to ask you on modaco.

Please help me to find

Best Regards

Edited by emporto

Guest emporto

Thanks for replies

I don't need phşsşcal keyboard so HTC Desire HD is good for me but I am a little bit confused when I read the tech radar reviews, they said HTC Desire HD did not give the expected after HTC Desire

HTC desire (not the HD one) is still the best they noted.

Here in this link they say:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-co...5440?artc_pg=21

It's still the best of all worlds in our opinion, ahead of the newer Desire HD, and as and when the price comes down and the UI (hopefully) gets upgraded this will continue to be a staggering piece of kit.

What you think about this issue ?

Guest LoneThread
Our quick verdict: We were hoping we'd found our new number one in the HTC Desire HD, but despite an 8MP camera, new HTC Sense UI and improved processor, the battery life is even worse than the original Desire.

I've seen people saying the battery life is better than the original Desire. It takes up to 10 days for the battery to become efficient on the Desire HD which is the reason TechRadar have said this.

I personally didn't own the Desire, but I am more than happy with the battery life on the Desire HD. Read the battery life topic on this forum.

• 1 month later...
Guest emporto
I've seen people saying the battery life is better than the original Desire. It takes up to 10 days for the battery to become efficient on the Desire HD which is the reason TechRadar have said this.

I personally didn't own the Desire, but I am more than happy with the battery life on the Desire HD. Read the battery life topic on this forum.

Finally I bought my Desire HD one week ago, it is a perfect phone, amazing touch screen sensitivity with amazing internet browsing experience.

Battery is very poor since I installed advanced task killer, I am killing all processes with task killer and so the battery consuption reduced. Now the battery ends 8:00 am to 10 pm , I will check the batery life topic in this forum to make it better

I want to give some cons about HTC company itself, tjhe phone technology is a real opponent for iphone 4 I guess better than iphone 4 but HTC company is not an opponent of apple of course, you will notice the unavailing of HTC company.

For example htc turkey web pages are so poor in case of content, also htc sync app for pc is poor, there is not too much options like phone software update search update dosnloads etc.

I can not use android market in Turkey, phones are not supported and I think it is a problem of HTC company, for example whne I visit mediamarkt in Turkey, I can found every ihone 4 accessory but I can not fidn HTC accessories like car charger, pouch etc.

the marketting and support for HTC Desire HD is very poor now, the phone itself is very powerful but it will take time to settle.

If you have a registered iphone 4 , you can reach every software accessory, any item for produced for iphone in any country

• 1 month later...
Guest ThomasAstor

Hi All

I would like to move from Nokia to HTC phone.

My choices are between the HD and the Incredible S.

Apart the screen size, battery and front camera, are they any good reason to go for one or another?

Secondly, can they communicate easily with Apple OS 10.4 on Powerbook?

Not really a question of prices as I intend to go on contract, 18 months.

Another point, is it true that the HD wont get the upgrade to 2.4 as mentioned on some websites?

Or and not least, I can wait for the Sensation coming in June. Would get all my desires in this one..

Thanks

Edited by ThomasAstor

Guest rose840
Hi All

I would like to move from Nokia to HTC phone.

My choices are between the HD and the Incredible S.

Apart the screen size, battery and front camera, are they any good reason to go for one or another?

Secondly, can they communicate easily with Apple OS 10.4 on Powerbook?

Not really a question of prices as I intend to go on contract, 18 months.

Another point, is it true that the HD wont get the upgrade to 2.4 as mentioned on some websites?

Or and not least, I can wait for the Sensation coming in June. Would get all my desires in this one..

Thanks

Desire may not get official 2.4 support (htc could however prove me wrong) but there are folks here and over at XDA that are likely to release a rom.. may take a while from release of sources though. I'm extremely happy with my HD to the point... im wondering what a dual core CPU could offer above and beyond it..

• 2 weeks later...