Privacy-enhancing Android Apps

Guest zurpher

Guest zurpher

I am surprised how many people blindly trust Google and third-party apps for Android. It's great for them that they don't have any privacy concerns but others like me do appreciate greater control control over the use and abuse of my data when using an Android phone. There is not "no privacy" or "full privacy" but rather degrees of privacy. Personally, I appreciate if developers create apps that increase my control over how much data I share.

I use Firefox with a lot of privacy-enhancing add-ons and would appreciate to see the same for Android. A start has been made with apps such as DroidWall, AdBlock, TaintDroid, Shark for Root, and BigTinCan AdFree Android. However, this is just a start. I encourage developers to take privacy concerns seriously and to develop apps that address them.

Please post here other privacy-enhancing Android apps that you came across or developed yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I would that appreciate very much. Can't understand why so few people are concerned about privacy.

One step twords more privacy would be to enable "privacy extensions" in the android kernel:

https://www.codeaurora.org/git/projects/qrd...et/ipv6/Kconfig

does anybody knows how to do this?

I am surprised how many people blindly trust Google and third-party apps for Android. It's great for them that they don't have any privacy concerns but others like me do appreciate greater control control over the use and abuse of my data when using an Android phone. There is not "no privacy" or "full privacy" but rather degrees of privacy. Personally, I appreciate if developers create apps that increase my control over how much data I share.

I use Firefox with a lot of privacy-enhancing add-ons and would appreciate to see the same for Android. A start has been made with apps such as DroidWall, AdBlock, TaintDroid, Shark for Root, and BigTinCan AdFree Android. However, this is just a start. I encourage developers to take privacy concerns seriously and to develop apps that address them.

Please post here other privacy-enhancing Android apps that you came across or developed yourself.