Credit thieves

Guest swukjay

Guest swukjay

Hi just wanted to point out that im sick of idiots like this one http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/upgrade-you...-versions/1898/ trying to take credit for developers hard work by post install guides and roms that were originally posted by people like steve harper and paul and sebastion and not giving credit or kudos and making it out to be their own idea and work!!! this is not acceptable and is downright rude please go and post you anger like vi did but beware the coward probably wont post you comment... rant over!

Guest Len Ash
Hi just wanted to point out that im sick of idiots like this one http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/upgrade-you...-versions/1898/ trying to take credit for developers hard work by post install guides and roms that were originally posted by people like steve harper and paul and sebastion and not giving credit or kudos and making it out to be their own idea and work!!! this is not acceptable and is downright rude please go and post you anger like vi did but beware the coward probably wont post you comment... rant over!

You've already posted this elsewhere....

What's the point exactly?

Guest Azurren

He's not actually taking credit of it.. He's just not giving significant credits :unsure:

@ AndyJ – No you do NOT need Root to follow this guide.

@fred – Yes this is Seb’s ROM, it is by far the best I have used.

Guest gusthy
He's not actually taking credit of it.. He's just not giving significant credits :unsure:

Sure.

It also happens on many different forums that some guys further customize the ROMs published here, usually they mention the origin their work is based on.

This is not the case here.

Sure.

It also happens on many different forums that some guys further customize the ROMs published here, usually they mention the origin their work is based on.

This is not the case here.

He's a bit dubious when he says stuff like "After allot of messing around I now have a stable version of Froyo 2.2 working on my Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade"

The odd thing is in other posts (ie. some of the Wii stuff) he is crediting other people.

Stupid, all he needs to do is add some credits and everyone is happy - his guides look nice and simple to follow (well they would be being ripped from here:))

Guest swukjay

Credit should be given to developers who spend a lot of their time helping guys like us to learn and have decent roms.Its polite creates good will makes people realise their hard work is valued and best of all is free to do... its nice to be nice... manners are free!!!

Guest Len Ash
the point is?... read the post!!

Which one? You seem to like copying and pasting. Rather backs up the view that this forum needs sub-forums where someone can contribute something, without actually contributing much.

Not sure what you expected to achieve. Apart from making you feel better somehow.

Guest swukjay

Cant see why someone would get shitty over supporting credit not being given to developers and the like unless they are a leecher themselves... hmmm :unsure:

its nice to be nice... manners are free!!!

Cant see why someone would get sh**y over supporting credit not being given to developers and the like unless they are a leecher themselves... hmmm :unsure:

Come on play nicely everyone.

Guest swukjay

Well you put what is a perfectly valid point on the forum to support the people who do the work then you get a muppet like LanceH moaning about it! Well he may well get away with his sarky comments to others, well actually from reading his posts I see im not the only one who he has pissed off but I wont put up with it so heres some advice lance for free seeing as you dont like to pay your way...... WIND YER NECK IN!

Guest StevenHarperUK

The main problem I have with them is that they become out of date and give bad advice to people - I.E OLED roms on TFT devices

Then people end up here.

Guest swukjay

WOW! that is definately yours steve without a doubt! this is what im talking about. A guy spends ages typing the guide getting the info right to help people get a better phone and the least someone can do is give some credit to the person who has put the time in and done the hard work... i remember somebody on xda doing the same thing with a certain devolopers roms eventually he got found out,if he had given credit to the original developers nobody would have minded,but he didnt and ended up looking like a muppet.

Guest StevenHarperUK
WOW! that is definately yours steve without a doubt! this is what im talking about. A guy spends ages typing the guide getting the info right to help people get a better phone and the least someone can do is give some credit to the person who has put the time in and done the hard work... i remember somebody on xda doing the same thing with a certain devolopers roms eventually he got found out,if he had given credit to the original developers nobody would have minded,but he didnt and ended up looking like a muppet.

To be honest it doesn't bother me much at all.

The internet is like this : Thanks for your support thou.

Steven

Guest swukjay

No worries steve just had to have a rant lol if more of us moan about it then hopefully people will think twice.. Just give some credit and kudos to the developers folks... A pat on the back is always appreciated!... " Its nice to be nice" "manners are free"

Guest That-Guy

Sorry this was an over sight on my part, have now edited the post to say the ROM is Seb's (see first few lines).

I was in no way trying to pass the ROM off as my own, I just put the guide together which was written from scratch by me :unsure:

Seb puts allot of work in to his ROMs I have used both his 2.1 and 2.2 ROMs which are great. I was simply trying to create a guide which most people should be able to follow.

this is not acceptable and is downright rude please go and post you anger like vi did but beware the coward probably wont post you comment... rant over!

As for YOU do not spam my blog with comments containing obscene language and moaning, of course I won't publish comments like that!

There are ways and means! All you had to do was put a polite comment suggesting I reference Seb in the post, or even send me an email using the contact link in the navigation.

There we go this matter should now be sorted, it was an honest and genuine mistake B)

Hope this clears the matter up!

Guest swukjay

I see that the site has now edited its page and given credit to seb.... news travels fast! If anybody finds any other criminals please feel free to post the links to the sites here so that they too can be named and shamed :unsure:

Guest swukjay

@chris yea sure it was your OWN guide bud and a genuine mistake,one hell of a mistake to make though lol! Im not sure others would believe it but I certainly dont reckon you wrote that guide YOURSELF but I suppose YOU arent in a position to say anything but really are you! still you have been named and shamed so shouting the odds at me really doesnt matter does it... your the one in the wrong and you know it... get over it.

Guest Fou-lu

Whoa, calm damn man, with ur logic, it`s law, always make sure to never forget to give credit to developer`s?, even when someone find`s a new app they dont automaticly think in there brain "credit the developers" when recommending to friends everytime?..

True, That guy did a simple error of not mentioning the developer, from that blog it just seem`s he was searching for good roms, and finaly found one, so decided to post about it and some guide to help who read it, easily could`ve commented dont forget too mention "seb" or anyone else?,

problem solved..

If he had said "i created it" , YES, reason to explode with anger, otherwise no need to lose hair over such minor mistake`s..

Edited by Fou-lu

This is my first post here and I have to use it to defend That-Guy. He apologized and I really don't see what happened as an attempt to steal cred from someone.

I think that the people making all the work with these roms are worth all the respect, but I also think that he is worth the respect to "remind" him about his mistake in a polite way.