Newbie - screen resolution and browser

Guest shiblisattar

Guest shiblisattar

Hi All,

I have just received my Vega and spent an hour working my way through lnstalling Paul Custom rom and power pack. My question when using the browser it does not appear as "silky" smooth as I though or at least similar to an Ipad and similar with google maps, it appears to be a bit jerky. Is this what other owners are also experincing i.e. is this normal ? Or is there a another add on rom I can install.

Also I find the screen as not as sharp as say an ipad or even my Nexus one , is this because Froyo is not really a OS for tablets and can expect something better later on with Honey comb ?

Sorry to harp on about the Ipad comparison but nothing else to compare it that I have used.

Other than that it appears to be quick to use and Pauls ROM is a life saver ! :unsure:

Thanks,

Shibli

I have just received my Vega and spent an hour working my way through lnstalling Paul Custom rom and power pack. My question when using the browser it does not appear as "silky" smooth as I though or at least similar to an Ipad and similar with google maps, it appears to be a bit jerky. Is this what other owners are also experincing i.e. is this normal ? Or is there a another add on rom I can install.

You will find that adding the performance pack will improve scrolling dramatically, however I still get some jerkyness when I have the USB in host mode.

Also I find the screen as not as sharp as say an ipad or even my Nexus one , is this because Froyo is not really a OS for tablets and can expect something better later on with Honey comb ?

Sorry to harp on about the Ipad comparison but nothing else to compare it that I have used.

The screen is not as good as an ipad or my N8 but its half the price so "you pays your money you takes your choice". With Pauls ROM + the performance pack I think it comes pretty close and you don;t have to suffer the walled garden of Apple.

Biggest issue for me at the moment is the lack of secure adhoc WiFi ( I am using the wpa_supplicant patch ), apart from that its very impressive.

HTH