• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Alex_P

Alex_P

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I have amended the configuration of the kernel compile to include CIFS/SMBFS (Samba to you and me) and using it with CIFSManager found on the application market....

I cannot simply include the working kernel as there's modules that comes with it.... but look at it another way...

its the only way to get to know enough to gain experience of the process and understand it more....

I'll guarantee you will be fascinated at the process and start learning to enjoy it :D

And who knows, it could be you that end up producing your own rom....

I successfully built my own kernel to use with Paul's alpha 5 with the guide, thanks very much!

For the CIFS, is the needed config change on github? I built last night and don't have the module. If not, could you point me at what I need to change to get it?

Thanks again.

Edit: Oops, I didn't see addon_cifs_smb_config, trying now! However, a "standard" .config does seem to be missing now.

Edit 2: Woo, CIFS! Streaming away from my server, lovely. Cheers.

Edited by Alex_P, 11 January 2011 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

I successfully built my own kernel to use with Paul's alpha 5 with the guide, thanks very much!

For the CIFS, is the needed config change on github? I built last night and don't have the module. If not, could you point me at what I need to change to get it?

Thanks again.

Edit: Oops, I didn't see addon_cifs_smb_config, trying now!

No worries, rename that addon_cifs_smb_config to .config and you're set! :P

P.S: Congrats on following the guide and coming up with your new kernel!!! :D

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users