I'm a complete newbie when it comes to flashing, and I have to say with all the info to be found in this forum I was able to successfully flash the ROM without having to ask anybody a single question, so kudos to all the nice folks who laid it out pretty clear and organized! I flashed my B7610 to the CHome WWE version (I didn't even know what CHOME was in the beginning) and it's been relatively painless and smooth, very few bugs I must say! Thanks Thunder for a great ROM
! It's fast, stable and such a relief from the clunky and bloated WinMo ROM the phone came with. I had a few minor issues to begin with that I've either done away it or just ignored:
- no Start button on the upper left corner where it usually is, or anywhere I could find (finally decided I didn't need CHome and wanted the extra 20mb of RAM or so and thus removed it using Daskalos's app, so wasn't an issue anymore)
- couldn't disable the vibrating touch alert, and adjusting system volume using the volume buttons produced vibrations instead of sounds (installed Samsung Settings, did find them useful, and issues solved)
- could not change "themes" on SPBShell - the one where you're basically just changing colors; I just wanted the background to be black instead of the default blue (changed themes using WinMo - Home>Appearance, and that fixed it for me)
- unable to change the WinMo wallpaper under Samsung Settings, when you tap on Wallpaper you just get a blank screen that you can't do anything on (I guess this is an issue that doesn't need solving for me as I've done away with CHome, reporting it just the same)
That said, here are issues which I haven't resolved yet but aren't critical (will continue to research):
- mark as read/unread in Messaging is not available, I would like this enabled, any ideas?
- Advanced Config warning message shows up every time I start the app, even though I have checked "do not show this message anymore"
- Advanced Config keyboard backlight timeout doesn't work, backlight goes off at 5seconds even though I've set it to go off after 30seconds
- there doesn't seem to be a way to completely turn off the backlight, even under Samsung Settings? That used to be under Power in the Samsung Settings version I had, which isn't in this JC2 WWE versionAnd some questions:
- how to increase the font size in Messaging?
- how to remove the taskbar that comes out when you tap the top of the screen (which I assume is the Finix taskbar)
Haven't tested GPS yet, and I did have the missing text in camera app issue that got resolved the instant I put the 0409.mui file to Windows.
Also, I had been having memory issues with Freda (probably the nearest thing to the iBook reader that we can get for WinMo, and it's free and has a great developer!) that a lot of other Omnia users were having, that a lot of non-Omnia users were not having, that seems to have completely disappeared after I flashed to this ROM.
So far everything else is great. I'm marvelling at my still over 200MB free storage space and over 70MB free RAM. It's never been this much! So happy!
Edit: Also, switching on 'enable to end running programs by tapping "X"' doesn't work