[RECOVERY] : RA_Recovery for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Just a quick bug report: SD card partitioning doesn't work:

Argh!, I thought I'd fixed that..... Ok, I've fixed it and re-uploaded the images.. want to try it again?

I seem to of managed to upgrade to ext4 tho....

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext type ext4 (rw,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=1
,data=writeback)[/code]

Guest Nyberg

[solved]

I have no clue what I have done wrong, probably everything.

Well here we go, I used the recovery manager +.36 I think it was, well the newest anyway. I downloaded the recovery-RA-blade-g1-v2.2.1.img file (I'm on a SF). Well so far so good, I went into the recovery manager and choose to search for a recovery and it found it! I pressed on it and it installed. After that I went for a reboot, and I only get the green android guy. It does not continue! I then tried to go in to fastboot mode by removing the battery and then holding volume up and power, then pluging in the usb device into my computer.

./fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img

< waiting for device >

this is all I get, if I press volume down I do not get into recovery mode when powering up, only get the green android guy.

Any ideas?

It took about 10 minutes at the green guy and then it continued to boot, I was able to install it again thou recovery manager this time I choose clockwork and it worked like a clock.

Edited by Nyberg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dibbles

Is this the equivalent of your excellent CWM on steroids...?

As the recovery manager will not work for me using CM7 (it worked when I used SS 2.2) and I only have your CWM installed would I be correct in thinking the only way to install this is through the fastboot method and it couldn't be done through the Terminal..?

Guest TheDOC1

@Sebastian404: nandroid backup failes. It tries do dump a wimax partition:

Dump of the misc partition suppressed.

can't find wimax partition

.Dumping wimax to /sdcard/nandroid/P729B/BDEAS-20110417-2153/wimax.img...can't find wimax partition

md5sum: can't open '/sdcard/nandroid/P729B/BDEAS-20110417-2153/wimax.img': No such file or directory

md5sum: can't open '/sdcard/nandroid/P729B/BDEAS-20110417-2153/wimax.img': No such file or directory

Fatal error while trying to dump wimax, aborting.

I'm using a (converted) Gen2 Device.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Sebastian404
As the recovery manager will not work for me using CM7 (it worked when I used SS 2.2) and I only have your CWM installed would I be correct in thinking the only way to install this is through the fastboot method and it couldn't be done through the Terminal..?

I dont use CM7, but the issue is on the bug tracker, I'm told if you move the apk to the system partition it works.

if I want to switch tho, you can use the update.zip to install it over the top of clockworkmod (and you can install clockwork over this to go back).

What he said.......should we move from CWM to RA_Recovery?

There is no real 'need' to switch from 1 to the other, its just choice... some people like this over clockworkmod recovery...

Guest TheDOC1

@Sebastian404: You seem to have missed pushing the pre-built directory to your github source repository for 2.3.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest TheDOC1

And for the wimax stuff:

I think you just need to add --nowimax to the nandroid-mobile.sh calls in recovery.c.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Sebastian404
@Sebastian404: You seem to have missed pushing the pre-built directory to your github source repository for 2.3.

For some reason I cant understand GIT is not picking up the changes, I've tried a couple of times it wont reconize it, I even tried adding it manual but when I do a status is just does now show up.... Odd

EDIT: Somehow managed to get it updated.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
And for the wimax stuff:

I think you just need to add --nowimax to the nandroid-mobile.sh calls in recovery.c.

not sure how I missed that, but its fixed now

Guest TheDOC1

@Sebastian404: Another bug introduced to the nandroid restore with the --nowimax option: You are lacking a space between --nowimax and the backup name now:

Searching for backup directories, matching --nowimaxBDEAS-20110420-1602, to delete or restore

or compress
The space was there before your change:
- char nandroid_command[200]="/sbin/nandroid-mobile.sh -r -e -a --norecovery --nomisc --nosplash1 --nosplash2 --defaultinput -s ";

+ char nandroid_command[200]="/sbin/nandroid-mobile.sh -r -e -a --norecovery --nomisc --nosplash1 --nosplash2 --defaultinput -s --nowimax";

Edited by TheDOC1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest u116040

2.3b2 (gen2*) CM edition doesn't have the cyan text color (or I missed something).

Edited by u116040

Guest Sebastian404
2.3b2 (gen2*) CM edition doesn't have the cyan text color (or I missed something).

very odd, your right, it seems something has gone wrong with my build process, I spent ages writting a script to avoid any human errors....

I'm just building a new version of clockworkmod, I'll build a fixed version of CM once thats finished..

UPDATE: I rebuilt it and uploaded it, it should be cyan now

Edited by Sebastian404