Accelerometer FIX for Vega with Modaco r6 ROM

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5

OK, so if you read some of my other posts, you will notice that I throw the line "I'm not a developer, but..." around a lot. Well, I figured that I should do something about that and started reading up on android development and Tegra frameworks, and so I set about trying to fix one of the biggest issues I have with my Vega, the Accelerometer and how it works with games.

So, here we go... This fix HAS been partially ripped from the VEGAn ROM for the Gtab, but shouldn't also include the issues you got when pushing this directly to the Vega. So big thanks to the VEGAn Devs! The rest of it was patched by me, although this is my first attempt, so who knows what will happen? :P

This patch has been applied directly on top of the framework.jar that comes with Pauls r6 Modaco ROM (I use this with the performance pack, but this patch should work even if you are using the free version). And because of this, it shouldn't do anything else strange, it's not made for another device and been ported, it is the actual Vega framework with the Accelerometer patch applied.

Anyway, enough waffle... Download the patch here... This is NOT an update to be flashed in clockworkMOD (I may make one later) it is simply a Zip file with the files in it. Extract this and "adb push framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar" and "adb push libsurfaceflinger_client.so /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so" (would be a good idea to adb pull your own first as a backup B)). Then reboot your Vega.

Edit: Higgsy has kindly created a CWmod recovery zip, so if you prefer to flash updates using CWmod, download his file and go for it!

Once you have rebooted, make sure that game mode is turned OFF, otherwise the controls will be reversed :P

Yes, I realise there was another accelerometer topic, but I decided to create this one so I can track bugs with my patches, I am planning on trying to integrate the notification bar fix with this at some point in the future.

newbe5 (Zebwen)

EDIT: Updated download to include another patch, and modified the post slightly, since this new file WAS pinched from the VEGAn ROM :P

EDIT2: I have only tested this on my Vega, which is using 1.06.5 + Pauls r6 Modaco pack (plus performance pack, but this shouldn't matter I dont think).

Edited by newbe5

Guest newbe5
does this fix the google skymap being out 90 degrees?

Not tested with Skymap, there is a possibility that this will fix it, but it's intended primarily for games, some other apps sense the accelerometer calibration incorrectly, and those kind of need to be fixed in the app itself.

Guest newbe5
Can this just be copied and pasted in using a file manager on the Vega?

Yes, that should work fine. I haven't tried it this way, but I didn't need to CHMOD it when I pushed it through ADB, so I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Guest remlap

Sorry still a newbie to Android:

C:\Users\Patrick\Desktop\Android\tools>adb push framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar

failed to copy 'framework.jar' to '/system/framework/framework.jar': No space left on device

Guest TylerDurdenK

Not sure whether the copying and pasting hasn't worked or whether this just isn't working for me, but in Raging Thunder 2 Lite, my car just crashes straight into the right hand barrier and the only way to make it steer is to turn the device to portrait.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest alphaola

C:\Users\Patrick\Desktop\Android\tools>adb push framework.jar /system/framework/framework.jar

failed to copy 'framework.jar' to '/system/framework/framework.jar': No space left on device

Any help, i get the same error.

Guest newbe5

Do: "adb remount" first, that will make the system folder writable.

Guest alphaola
Do: "adb remount" first, that will make the system folder writable.

still getting the same error

edit: succesfully flashed it but its still not working, tried raging thunder. same issue

Edited by alphaola

Guest newbe5

edit: succesfully flashed it but its still not working, tried raging thunder. same issue

Slightly confused, just gonna do some testing quick and ill get back to you.

Guest Retrorious

hey newbe5,

Did you decompile the framework.jar to smali? Or to java source code? If to java source, could you tell me how to compile the java source back to dex or smali?

Thanks.

Edited by Retrorious

Guest newbe5

OK try ALSO pushing THIS (same deal, just extract the zip then push with ADB) to /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so

Let me know if it works :D

Guest thedicemaster

newbe5: did you test adobe flash after modifying the framework.jar?

just like with the notification bar width mod, this seems to corrupt flash.

Guest newbe5
newbe5: did you test adobe flash after modifying the framework.jar?

just like with the notification bar width mod, this seems to corrupt flash.

Yep, every time you update framework.jar, you need to re-install flash. This is nice and easy, just got to /etc/shuttle_priv in your file browser and flash the .apk in there, flash will be working again.

Guest thedicemaster

not good...

i just copied over the libsurfaceflinger_client.so and my tablet crashed.

i restarted it, went to check up on it and permissions where wrong so i corrected it.

and now i'm stuck on a completely black screen on boot.

Guest newbe5
not good...

i just copied over the libsurfaceflinger_client.so and my tablet crashed.

i restarted it, went to check up on it and permissions where wrong so i corrected it.

and now i'm stuck on a completely black screen on boot.

You should still be able to access the device using adb to correct this. As I said, this is all workign on my Vega, no idea why you are having these issues :/ Are you using the 1.06.5 ROM and Pauls r6 pack?

Guest thedicemaster

yes i'm using MCR r6

and how would i get into adb? it freezes on a black screen before it even reaches a state in which it can connect.