Galaxy Tab Email Client Beta 2

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks just finished playing with this for the moment, hows about a galaxy tab email client for the streak :D

few issues in here though at min , they are listed below,

What is working?

Gmail Setup(also through "Other" setup as IMAP")

Gmail mail loaded

Gmail can send mail

Logging working so it keeps track of what has been sent/received

Rotating to portrait works

Notifications

Yahoo and Hotmail(possibly as well as gmail)

Conversation mode

Deleting messages

Switching between folders within mailbox(click on INBOX)

Exchange Email Fixed

Refresh Button Added

Issues

pop email accounts will add but never show emails, use imap instead as this should work.

ill probly play further with this also, and thanks to celljunkie for helping out this little port

link to the update zip: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/tabmail.zip

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest Edrill

Works fine after copying the apks to system/app! But I did have to assign user permissions on the three apks after copying them to the folder and then reboot, otherwise the Email app wouldn't show up in the app drawer.

Guest Kohawk

for whatever reason... opening unread email does NOT force close... one thing i'd like is a refresh button - can't seem to find one (but thats just the apps short coming :D). Wonder how this affects batt life.

screen shot for the curious:

screenshot_9.png

Edited by Kohawk

for whatever reason... opening unread email does NOT force close... one thing i'd like is a refresh button - can't seem to find one (but thats just the apps short coming :D). Wonder how this affects batt life.

screen shot for the curious:

screenshot_9.png

This is awesome. I hate the stock email app.

Guest Oreynid

Very nice. Steve, if you are able to get exchange email working, could you by chance do away with the stupid limitation of only syncing 30 days of exchange email? I find it very odd that the stock email client will sync all email for IMAP, but will only sync 30 days for exchange.

You rock!

Guest BrumBrum74
Works fine after copying the apks to system/app! But I did have to assign user permissions on the three apks after copying them to the folder and then reboot, otherwise the Email app wouldn't show up in the app drawer.

How did you change the user permissions? Nvm. Found it.

Exchange fix would be great :D

Good work so far.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest BrumBrum74

Email.apk

This makes refresh button show and my Exchange to work. Found this file on a different forum.

But I cannot seem to get normal pop mail now.

Hopefully someone can get further. Looks promising.

The first package posted here will let me access my pop email but Exchange FCs. Hopefully someone can have a look at both these Email.apk files to make one that works with all.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest stoney1973

copied the apk's over to system/app. changed user permissions via root explorer, reboooted, it keeps coming up with 'this process has stopped unexpectedly'.

Any Ideas?

Guest stoney1973
any logs :D

how do I do that? so far it hasnt if I want to send an error report, Ta for the response.

the full error msg is@ The applcation Email(process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest stoney1973
adb logcat :D

ok, now you can call me a noob lol. is that the same process as fastboot?

EDIT: ok, have somehow(?) managed to get the ogcat, now how can I copy/paste it?

EDIT: premature.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest Stephen Hyde
ok, now you can call me a noob lol. is that the same process as fastboot?

EDIT: ok, have somehow(?) managed to get the ogcat, now how can I copy/paste it?

drop it on pastebin.com :D

Guest Stephen Hyde

well i just tried that email apk on the previous page and my gmail account loads fine, not sure about adding account yet though

edit: just added pop email account fine also,

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest stoney1973

Finall lol. Downloaded Alogcat from market, saved to sdcard, sent to gmail, accessed from pc, posted here by muppet/myself lol.

I have put the apks into the system/app 3 times now, same result. each time changing user permissions as directed.

alogcat.2011_01_09_11_39_32_0000.txt

Edited by stoney1973

Guest 323spoon

i love this Steve. Its way better than the stock mail app.

Do we have any idea when notifications will be working so we can use it full time?