how to remove operator name from status bar?

Guest wyxwyx

Guest Pceasar

I wish there was a program similar to "make it mine" on the iphone, jailbroken of course, but that program had a gui to remove carrier banner or personalize it so it showed whatever you wanted in words. Anyhow, I hope there is such a program as well so maybe we'll get some responses.

I wish there was a program similar to "make it mine" on the iphone, jailbroken of course, but that program had a gui to remove carrier banner or personalize it so it showed whatever you wanted in words. Anyhow, I hope there is such a program as well so maybe we'll get some responses.

Thanx, I surprised, nothing under Android.

Guest stoney1973

I was interested in this thread, then I realised I was with '3', I suppose I can give them one measly space lol. Would definitely still be interested if I was still with Vodaphone though.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest aLpHa K7

+1 Make it Mine on iOS was great! Hopefully the XDA version for Android works on different ROMs :D

Guest chrisrotolo
good prog, works on stock rom!

can we see a screenshot?

does it work on lockscreen and status bar.

I tried it, it made a successful backup pf the filem and even created a new file with my custom name.

set permissions and remounted and rebooted, not working on djsteve v1.5.2.

Glad it worked for you, I had a feeling it might work on stock.

Im sure it can still be done but would involve editing some .xml's

can we see a screenshot?

does it work on lockscreen and status bar.

I tried it, it made a successful backup pf the filem and even created a new file with my custom name.

set permissions and remounted and rebooted, not working on djsteve v1.5.2.

Glad it worked for you, I had a feeling it might work on stock.

Im sure it can still be done but would involve editing some .xml's

I renamed to "T" my carrier and after reboot works properly.

I cant give you screenshot but believe me.

I suggested, it is stock rom not djsteve.

Guest Tim6772

Slightly Off Topic (but related to)

Did read somewhere that Erica Sadun (creator of Make it Mine amongst others) has started developing for Android OS.

Some of her tweaks were really cool on iOS, be nice to see them available for Android too.

Read a load of her books a while ago (when i was iOS obsessed.....i'm cured now) and she has some weird outlooks that make sense at the end of the descriptions