cbrpaul

cbrpaul

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
i was wondering does a restore from clockwork , restore everything in the phone ? incl sys/app etc etc ... basically all of the phones software everywhere ?

Posted Image

Xenon0816

Xenon0816

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:HTC Blackstone, OSF

i was wondering does a restore from clockwork , restore everything in the phone ? incl sys/app etc etc ... basically all of the phones software everywhere ?

If you did a full nadroid backup with ClockworkMod before and you restore this backup EVERYTHING will be just as before... You will have the same apps, the same settings, the same widgets on your homescreen...... You can continue using your phone just as before.
It's the perfect method to try a new rom... If it does not suit you, you just restore the backup and within minutes everything is like before...

cbrpaul

cbrpaul

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

If you did a full nadroid backup with ClockworkMod before and you restore this backup EVERYTHING will be just as before... You will have the same apps, the same settings, the same widgets on your homescreen...... You can continue using your phone just as before.
It's the perfect method to try a new rom... If it does not suit you, you just restore the backup and within minutes everything is like before...

thx Xenon

yes I did use clockwork backup and restore and use the "backup" option before testing , then I restored from the good backup , i guess thats a nandroid ?

, its just i did some testing with "certain " files in the phone , it went wrong , and went back to my backup i did with clockwork before i did the changes

Posted Image

Xenon0816

Xenon0816

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:HTC Blackstone, OSF

thx Xenon

yes I did use clockwork backup and restore and use the "backup" option before testing , then I restored from the good backup , i guess thats a nandroid ?

, its just i did some testing with "certain " files in the phone , it went wrong , and went back to my backup i did with clockwork before i did the changes

Yes you're right that's an nandroid backup!
Did it all work for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users