Real alternative to the Vega?

Guest DaveSk

Guest HunteronX
[tumbleweed goes by] ...... :D

I've still got no problems with multitouch visualiser, even when the tablet is plugged in, but I do get double key presses. This is only with the default keyboard, though.

When using 'Thumb Keyboard' from the market (paid...), I haven't had any issues.

Guest simonta

Sorry to be the party pooper but I'm all right Jack.

I used to get double presses on the keyboard but since installing the perf pack, mine works perfectly. Suggests a QA issue?

Guest carl rose
OK, new Vega is here and the first thing I did was install multitouch visualiser.... wait for it.... same problem. :D

Having said that, it doesnt seem quite as bad as the last one. I'm typing this on it and there hasn't been any double spaces yet as far as I can tell, which was the main problem with the last one. In faact, just had couple of double spaces.

I'll install a better keyboard and the pauls mod later when i have finished work and take it for a real test run.

Disappointed? Yes. Will I be keeping it? We'll see. Really could do with official word from Advent on this problem.

Yes, that's what I was afraid of. They are all like that, I don't care about the viewing angles, its a cheap unit so its to be expected. What gets me is the touch. Its at the core of everything I do. Thanks for letting me know.

Guest carl rose
i wonder if that magnetic flap that covers the usb port etc could be causing probs

Its on the opposite side of where the problem is, same as the charger, opposite side

Its on the opposite side of where the problem is, same as the charger, opposite side

Sounds like there are some good ones out there. I'm not sure what to do now. This one ain't bad at all now its set up with the performance pack and smart keyboard pro. Still shows dead spots in multitouch Visualizer though. Part of me thinks I should just keep it as its 95%. The other part thinks I shouldn't settle for anything less than 100%

Guest amarko5
I love my Vega but the screen problems mean it has to go back. Curry's are being a nightmare to deal with and I have no idea when Ill be able to get a replacement.

I basically like everything about the vega except the viewing angles and the faulty screen. Is there anything similar? Samsung tab thing looks good but 7" might not be qute enough.

No ipad thanks.

notion ink adam currently we are awaiting the 1st batch of orders to be delivered but deffo one to watch out for :D

Guest warriorscot
Just had a look and that looks really nice. Especially if it comes in at around 300 quid.

Just makes my dilemma harder...

It probably won't end up at that price, it would if it was at the RRP that the manufacturer are suggesting however the prices quoted in online articles don't include any tax. In the UK that means import tax and VAT so it could be as much as 20-40% more than the standard international price.

Guest rvdgeer
i wonder if that magnetic flap that covers the usb port etc could be causing probs

Magnetic?

Is it, really?

;)

@DaveSK:

Is the multi-thingy.distinct file (don't know the exact name) installed...

I know this is needed for Google Maps 5.0 to have rotation working...

Maybe it helps on the multitouch visualizer too...

(I just 'scanned' but not fully read this thread and thought I'd try to help out.... Sorry if I'm off...)

Edited by rvdgeer

@DaveSK:

Is the multi-thingy.distinct file (don't know the exact name) installed...

I know this is needed for Google Maps 5.0 to have rotation working...

Maybe it helps on the multitouch visualizer too...

(I just 'scanned' but not fully read this thread and thought I'd try to help out.... Sorry if I'm off...)

I've not read about that, can you point me in the direction of a thread about it and I'll give it a try.

Cheers!

Guest steviem
You'll just have to wait for the next few months until all the new tablets shown at CES are out with Android 3.0

Motorola Xoom is one to watch out for - but no idea when it will reach the UK shores and at what price.

its a Tegra2 based tablet with pretty much the same specs as the vega, hopefully a better screen for viewing angles - only down side is there's no microsd to increase storage.

I think SD rather than MicroSD is an upside for the Xoom. SD cards tend to be much cheaper than MicroSD at capacity. You can also just pull the SD card from your Camera onto the tablet too if you want. It'd be great for Photographers, and I think makes a lot of sense.

I want a Xoom so much, it will fill my iPad shaped hole after selling it before the next one depreciated it anymore...