Acer released a patch for Liquid E to improve overall performance

Guest kenelm

I made this which might work for ya,

http://www.mediafire.com/?6e26lejxsmiaaoo

It's the update from the first post, but with the recovery taken out, and the 'checks' that it does before it patches

tried to flash in malez .6.1

i get the following:

Missing file:

recovery/recovery-from-boot.p

E: Verification failed

Installation aborted.

any idea?

thanks.

Guest studjuice

No i've taken a break from testing roms and am just sticking with a functional stock phone. I've missed the chance to document many great moments purely because the camera closes itself in every rom, so i'm not messing around. for now.

it's simple to figure out, just flash it over the corresponding rom that it's for.

read this thread for info

Guest HustlinDaily

Thanks to studjuice's short tutorial on editing the update script, I was able to get the patch successfully flashed.

I can confirm that it does indeed fix the market star ratings.

Guest Edward.W
Thanks to studjuice's short tutorial on editing the update script, I was able to get the patch successfully flashed.

I can confirm that it does indeed fix the market star ratings.

Yeah, it works perfectly! :P

I deleted:

assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"),

write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot"),

delete("/tmp/boot.img"));
assert(getprop("ro.build.display.id") == "Acer_LiquidE_4.003.14_AAP_FET" ||

getprop("ro.build.display.id") == "Acer_LiquidE_4.003.17_AAP_FET");

Edited by Edward.W

Guest studjuice

If I remember right, it's not going to work on 4.002.14, it only works on 4.003.14.

Because even though you remove the check for the exact name of the rom, it still does a check for whether the files it's modifying are the same, and you can't remove that check. We'll just have to wait until new rom's are released that incorporate these changes, and knowing the liquid dev speed that could be awhile. Especially with most devs probably focusing on the 'updated' froyo kernel source

Guest Edward.W
If I remember right, it's not going to work on 4.002.14, it only works on 4.003.14.

Because even though you remove the check for the exact name of the rom, it still does a check for whether the files it's modifying are the same, and you can't remove that check. We'll just have to wait until new rom's are released that incorporate these changes, and knowing the liquid dev speed that could be awhile. Especially with most devs probably focusing on the 'updated' froyo kernel source

Strange,I do flashed it on 4.002.14, seems okay for me, and the version name of the ROM will changed to Acer LiquidE 4.003.18

Until now, not much problem spotted (it'll turn all your custom theme back to the stock one, and the root permission was broken too, need to repair it manually.)

• 4 months later...
Guest philippe75017

hello,

i can see on the acer web site that there is a patch for liquid E delivered on 13th of may 2011

"ROM - Improves system stability for LiquidE 4.002.14_EMEA_GEN1 version"

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Pa...amp;Step1=Smart Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid E&OS=a04&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

is there a topic about it ?

can be applied on A1 ?

thx,

ph.

Guest ikirt
hello,

i can see on the acer web site that there is a patch for liquid E delivered on 13th of may 2011

"ROM - Improves system stability for LiquidE 4.002.14_EMEA_GEN1 version"

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Pa...amp;Step1=Smart Handheld&Step2=Liquid&Step3=Liquid E&OS=a04&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

is there a topic about it ?

can be applied on A1 ?

thx,

ph.

I just got this txt from Rogers.

Rogers Svc Msg: Important! Pls update your Android software today! The free update fixes an issue with your device's current software that causes calls to non-emergency municipal information services to be incorrectly connected. Go online to rogers.com/acerOS and select Support then Software Update.

Guest philippe75017

hello,

well, i live in france and i'm not familiar with rogers :)

does anyone have some info about this 13th of may patch ?

thx !

• 8 months later...
Guest dr3amz

hmz using 4.0.2.14 whatever here, geting "assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop" error blah blah blah then a fail (status 7) and abortd - Liquid A1

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...