OrangeSanFrancisco.co.uk - UPDATED June 2013

Guest vasendak

Hey, this is so great of you ;)

Very nice idea and the site looks pretty good

Just a suggestion: I would be very happy to see links to accessories, batteries, cases, etc. for the phone

With sites like xda devs and modaco well established for support, tutorials, updates and helps from devs I won't be using your site sorry. Things will get dis-jointed and everything is under the roof here and I find the tutorials and write ups here clear and easy to follow tbh.

Guest PeterLeics

As a newbie to the San Francisco, I would like to Thank You for the 'How to' link, if it wasn't for this step by step guide there is no way I would have been able to upgrade to FroYo (Japanese Jellyfish), especially with all the various steps required to install the new Rom.

Guest HCFC Clark
Hey there

Can you close device manager, unplug your phone, re-open device manager and see if there are still any yellow exclamation marks? If you still see some yellow exclamation marks, they are unrelated to your phone and you do not need to worry about them.

After, plug your phone in again and see if there are any new/different yellow exclamation marks. Then try updating these new/different yellow exclamation marks with the correct drivers for your operating - http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/ho...isco-zte-blade/

If you still can't install the drivers for the new/different yellow exclamation marks, just continue from step 12 and eventually to the next page. See if you can install ClockworkMod Recovery (don't worry, you can't brick your phone. If the correct drivers haven't installed, you will simply see "Waiting for device" during this step)

If you do see "Waiting for device", then for some reason your PC won't install the drivers. Have a look at this thread for any solutions.

What Operating System are you using btw?

Hey mate,

i followed your steps and get to the point where it says 'waiting for device'. i know you posted a link but can you explain it a bit better for me because im a complete noob at this stuff, my first ever android device and its really confusing atm.

thanks mate, appreciated.

Thanks a lot beggin, your guide really helped!

Probably wouldn't of tried a custom FroYo Rom if it wasn't for your guide.

Very easy to understand and noob friendly ;)

Guest Sebastian404

You seem to have an odd naming convention for some things there...

Sebastian404 r0.3 31 Dec 2010 Froyo Android 2.2 OLED + TFT

I also notice your not using the right names for the others...

Orange San Francisco Debraded 23 Dec 2010 Eclair Android 2.1 OLED + TFT

Softbank Debranded 26 Dec 2010 Froyo Android 2.2 OLED + TFT

Bouygues Telecom Debranded 10 Nov 2010 Eclair Android 2.1 OLED Only

could do with calling them by the right name....

Guest PeterLeics

Hopefully a quick question? I've installed the new FroYo rom (Japanese Jellyfish), For future reference, is there a way of installing a Rom without wiping all contacts? or worse still having to re-do Angry Birds as when I reinstalled the Apps I was back to no completed levels...

Hopefully a quick question? I've installed the new FroYo rom (Japanese Jellyfish), For future reference, is there a way of installing a Rom without wiping all contacts? or worse still having to re-do Angry Birds as when I reinstalled the Apps I was back to no completed levels...

Hi Peter

I just added an article 5 minutes ago on this.

How To Backup and Restore The Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade

It seems too many people are having problems with installing the USB drivers. I'm trying to find solutions and may create an automated Live CD that installs ClockworkMod Recovery automatically from linux.

New articles coming plus a full featured troubleshooting and help section. Hopefully I will have the articles completed by the end of this week.

Edited by Guest

Guest gambieter

Titanium Backup for Angry Birds, Google for contacts (or copy to your SIM)

Hey mate,

i followed your steps and get to the point where it says 'waiting for device'. i know you posted a link but can you explain it a bit better for me because im a complete noob at this stuff, my first ever android device and its really confusing atm.

thanks mate, appreciated.

Clark, I have updated my guide. There is no need to use your computer to install ClockworkMod Recovery anymore, you can install straight from your phone.

Follow:

Step 1

Step 2

Guest hypersy
Nice effort. Seems to be a good source for beginners.

However, you could have also put your energy into the ZTE Blade Wiki.

+1

Nothing against the website, but the wiki really would shine as it would enable a broader editing user base.

The forum though is really misused here a _lot_. I'm really surprised why so many guides are posted in the forum format and constantly updated. Seems like a very inferior way of distributing information. Guys, I appreciate your energy spent here, but come on, update the wiki instead and just link to it from the forum.

Guest bearded1

bought an orange san francisco this afternoon - followed the instructions - super awesome jellyfish froyo!!

after i bought it i went back in to the orange shop, downloaded the voodoo lag fix on my phone and updated the nice orange ladys galaxy s ;)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Nice site ... one word of advice ... if you're powering a site with affiliate links, then it's best to avoid using trade names in the URL. You might end up with Orange on your back.

Guest boristhespie

I followed EVERYTHING here although I never had an option to wipe user data.

Anyway when it cam to install the ROM it says installation aborted.

I have just left it plugged in to computer.

Speedy help would be appreciated. HELP!

INCIDENTALLY when I now choose "choose zip from SD card" nothing happens!

Have I bricked my new f**ckn phone?

Edited by boristhespie

Guest pellonet
I followed EVERYTHING here although I never had an option to wipe user data.

Anyway when it cam to install the ROM it says installation aborted.

I have just left it plugged in to computer.

Speedy help would be appreciated. HELP!

INCIDENTALLY when I now choose "choose zip from SD card" nothing happens!

Have I bricked my new f**ckn phone?

Stay away from these third party resources & go straight to the 'horses mouth' for assistance.

Here:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1554597

Guest boristhespie
Stay away from these third party resources & go straight to the 'horses mouth' for assistance.

Here:

Thats okay but my phone is in Clockwork MOD recovery NOW, is there anything I can do to recover this?

Can I switch phone off, and reboot holding the volumn to remount card?

Edited by boristhespie

Here:

+1

I have no problem with these sites aslong as they a) ALWAYS uptodate and ;) the author provides support.

Personally I strongly feel anyone following these guides shouldn't be coming to modaco for help. If you are a newbie follow the guides here.

Guest boristhespie
+1

I have no problem with these sites aslong as they a) ALWAYS uptodate and ;) the author provides support.

Personally I strongly feel anyone following these guides shouldn't be coming to modaco for help. If you are a newbie follow the guides here.

Sorted thanks.

Incidentally I DID COME HERE FIRST and followed a link on this site.

I thought this was clearer explanation for me, very step by step. I know nothing re Android. Just wanted to have ability to use my 16gb SD card for apps.