3D Desktop plugin

Guest iceman_

Guest iceman_

This work was made before by OwenRW "http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/326120/3d-interface-working/

Here you will find the same plus 3D widgets and an easy way to install it.

Hi I bought a mobi's point of view tablet, for several days I was using its rom and I get used to the 3D desktop. Recently I switched to MoDaCo's rom and I have made a plugin to get this 3D desktop on that rom.

I hope it will be useful to you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QR6JBF0J

Install 3D Launcher APK if you want to use another launcher as default and use this one sporadically.

To install just unzip and execute the provided script like the MoDaCo's mod.

Here you have a great video courtesy of bearded1

post-809104-1295446750_thumb.png

post-809104-1295446762_thumb.png

Edited by iceman_

Guest bearded1

installed! oh - your zip was missing AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll btw..

loving the music and video apps ;) a bit confused at first on how to get my wifi back up but just need to go to settings to turn it on.. ace!

the iceman cometh and awesome follows in his wake!

Edited by bearded1

Guest iceman_
installed! oh - your zip was missing AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll btw..

Files added

What exactly is this? A launcher/home replacement? Any screenshots or vids?

It is a 3D interface it has a new 3D launcher and 3D replacement for some apps (video music apps launcher....).

I will upload some screen shots this afternoon.

Edited by iceman_

Sorry I don't use windows and I use adb from android sdk I will rebuild the fille and upload it later.

It is a 3D interface it has a new 3D launcher and 3D replacement for some apps (video music apps launcher....).

I will upload some screen shots this afternoon.

Wow, that sounds pretty nice! Is it implemented well? Be very interested to see if this is any good! ;) Don't have my vega with me right now so cant test :)

Guest jellywobbles
I'll try doing a vid after i go into town to find an orange san francisco for my bro ;)

If it helps Argos don't have any! I have been looking for quite some time. Great phone to flash! :)

Guest Sir Gash
Hi I bought a mobi's point of view tablet, for several days I was using its rom and I get used to the 3D desktop. Recently I switched to MoDaCo's rom and I have made a plugin to get this 3D desktop on that rom.

Thanks iceman!

I'll try doing a vid after i go into town to find an orange san francisco for my bro ;)

Yeah, a video is necessary as screenshots will not do it justice, you really need to see it in action!

OK, the interface is VERY flashy, I love the animations transitioning between the various music screens in particular. The Weather and RSS widgets are pretty cool too. Sadly, there are no customisation options so you are stuck with the basic layout, so no widgets, shortcuts, live wallpaper etc..

It's great to see something like this in action but sadly I will be only launching this to show off the device, back to LauncherPro for my day-to-day needs.

Guest TylerDurdenK

I've just installed this, and first impressions are good. However, there is only one home screen and it doesn't seem to be very customisable.

There are 3 main gadgets on the screen, News, Weather and Google Search, I cannot find a way of changing or adding to these.

At the bottom of the screen there are 8 items held in a kind of dock. These are Internet, Email, Music, Video, Gallery, Programs, Settings and User Guide. Each of these is linked to a default app and I cannot find a way of changing these. Also the User Guide icon does appear to do anything.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest iceman_

Yes it is it is the same plus the 3D widgets. I didn't see your post I will change my first post sorry.

I've just installed this, and first impressions are good. However, there is only one home screen and it doesn't seem to be very customisable.

There are 3 main gadgets on the screen, News, Weather and Google Search, I cannot find a way of changing or adding to these.

At the bottom of the screen there are 8 items held in a kind of dock. These are Internet, Email, Music, Video, Gallery, Programs, Settings and User Guide. Each of these is linked to a default app and I cannot find a way of changing these. Also the User Guide icon does appear to do anything.

Currently there is no way to change that, I want to work on this and some other tweaks to the widgets. The last icon was linked to the point of view manual I didn't added it so it does nothing (can be added though).

Guest bearded1
If it helps Argos don't have any! I have been looking for quite some time. Great phone to flash! ;)

off topic but got one from the orange shop - messing around with it now..

back on topic - 3d launcher in action!!

Yes it is it is the same plus the 3D widgets. I didn't see your post I will change my first post sorry.

Hehe, thanks for adding me into your first post ;)

It looks much better with the 3D widgets, although I'm still not convinced about the 3D app drawer.

Nice video!

I don't know if its just me or is that just very gimmicky with no substance still prefer Launcher Pro.

Plus you can't add widgets to it right?

Edited by remlap

off topic but got one from the orange shop - messing around with it now..

Thanks for taking the time to do this vid!

Might throw it on for a play around then probably go back to ADW

Guest sgruffalo
Silly question but to uninstall all i have to do is just go through the normal process? i.e. settings... applications... manage apps??

This may not be the easiest or recommended way of installing, but I just downloaded direct to the Vega and then opened the zip file in Astro and installed each component in the 'files' folder individually. Reason I did this was that I was not near a PC at the time, but it worked for me.

Guest simonta
Silly question but to uninstall all i have to do is just go through the normal process? i.e. settings... applications... manage apps??

Just install like any other apparently then press home to use it.

I posted about this a while back. Lot's of eye candy but low functionality. You're stuck with those home pages (or at least the settings are extremely well hidden). The app drawer also looks cool but is way to difficult to navigate through quickly.

Guest bearded1

the interesting thing about the video was that i initially tried it with a mouse so there were no fingers in the way.. the mouse was at 90 degrees and only moved around in the left hand side of the screen though.

not sure if thats the launcher or the accelerometer fix causing it - i'll have to test!