best VEGA web browser?

Guest bearded1

Guest bearded1

Appologies if covered in a previous post, but what do we think is the best web browser that we have seen for Vega use so far?

I'm using the Miren Browser - it has tabs, a good bookmarking feature, history, cache clear on exit, a built in 'back' button and has not force closed on me yet! and the new flash update from the market place seems to work absolutely fine with it :lol:

Guest rvdgeer
Appologies if covered in a previous post, but what do we think is the best web browser that we have seen for Vega use so far?

I'm using the Miren Browser - it has tabs, a good bookmarking feature, history, cache clear on exit, a built in 'back' button and has not force closed on me yet! and the new flash update from the market place seems to work absolutely fine with it :lol:

To me Dolphin Browser HD is a great browser!

Haven't tried Miren Browser, so can not compare, but it has all the features you mentioned...

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest Bobbler

I am liking Dolphin HD but haven't really tried any of the others so far.

Only bit I don't like, I am not massively impressed with the gesturing, would much rather it supported some two finger modes instead - two fingers swipe left or right for back/forward, two up to scroll to top. I don't think the the pressing a virtual button and drawing a symbol is actually very intuitive feeling.

Guest extrememonkey

Miren browser being used here - just seems so much quicker than Dolphin at loading pages, especially ones with Flash!!! Plus it comes with a very handy bookmark widget.....

Guest zzleezz

Hhhmm, sounds wrong to say it but here we go...

Default browser :)

Also have Dolphin HD installed but not sure why, someone want to sell Dolphins features that will mean I will HAVE to switch? :lol:

Guest zzleezz
Dolphin HD, simply because it supports Xmarks.

Ahh, ok, googling xmarks :lol:

Thanks Schooleydoo sounds interesting.

*edit*

Ok, googled and up to speed and WOW! How did I never know about THAT!

My vote now goes to Dolphin HD just on the strength of that feature!

Edited by zzleezz

Guest warriorscot

Dolphin but when a tablet version of opera comes out I am switching to that as if it wasn't for the UI bugs on Opera Mobile it would be the best.

Guest Mogedwards

Having read the above, I thought I would try Dolphin. Now I know it is probably me being stupid but I can' find how you add or use bookmarks. What am I missing.

Guest trevor432990
Having read the above, I thought I would try Dolphin. Now I know it is probably me being stupid but I can' find how you add or use bookmarks. What am I missing.

When you are on the page you want to bookmark, press and hold your finger on the URL bar and a pop-up menu will appear with 'Add Bookmark' at the top.

To use stored bookmarks hold your finger on the page and drag screen to the right and bookmarks will appear in a side window on the left :lol:

Edited by trevor432990

Guest Schooleydoo

Swipe left.

Guest Mogedwards

Thanks folks. Initially your sugestions didn't work so I uninstalled it and went back to the market. I then realised I had installeed Dolphin, not Dolphin HD. I have now installed HD and it is simple.

Guest welshblob
Hhhmm, sounds wrong to say it but here we go...

Default browser :)

Also have Dolphin HD installed but not sure why, someone want to sell Dolphins features that will mean I will HAVE to switch? :lol:

I've tried a few and stuck with the default browser as it seems like it loads pages the quickest vs a lot of the other browsers I tried. Unfortunately, like most, www.netvibes.com isn't supported :-(. May have to play further and I wish opera would fix the unresponsive touchscreen control in theirs.

• 2 months later...
Guest rferrett

Anyone know how to edit which bookmarks in Miren appear in the widget.

Also anyone know of a good English Language guide to Miren?

Ralph

Guest rogmar

When i try to have a podcast or youtube page up then switch browsing tabs it shuts off the podcast or youtube,is there a way to listen to something on one tab/page while browsing on anothher?