What is your main reason for using Japanese Jellyfish 2.2 ROM?

Guest Rotmann

Guest Rotmann

Please vote only if you use JJ. If you just want to see the results, sign off from modaco, visit this poll again and press the Show Results button. It does not work if you are logged in, buggy forum :lol: Thanks!

We all have to agree that the Japanese Jellyfish is a phenomenon among all Blade ROMs. It's popularity raised so much that even the MoDaCo custom ROM or the FLB seem little babies compared to it from the popularity point of view. Although always having more or less bugs (mainly the battery consumption was a very common issue on the older builds, it seems to be solved now) this did not stop the Jellyfish from expanding it's tentacles over more than the half of the poor blade owner's souls :) Make your sincere choice please, it's very interesting to find out.

P.S.: I am a Sebastian404's Froyo user.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest targetbsp

Mostly from it's popularity out of the 3 releases using the compiled kernel which was probably mostly cause it was a continuation of an already popular rom which was probably mostly because it was the first one based on a released Froyo... :lol:

Guest Blues003

I use it because emulators run a LOT more smoothly on the JJ than on the others. On Paul's, Seb's, and Fibblesans', the games tend to lag, the sound is choppy, and it breaks often. On the JJ I see no difference from a real device.

Guest Ralph Martin

You missed out other reasons

- wanted some feature of Android 2.2 not in 2.1 (e.g. WiFi tethering, APPS2SD, etc)

Indeed, really you need to ask 2 separate questions:

- what was reason for wanting a 2.2 ROM?

- why did you choose JJ over other 2.2 ROMs?

Seems like the most stable release as of yet.

And sure, to some small extent it feels a little nice to support my fellow countrymen.

+1 Sa ligger det till.

Guest Xenon0816

For me it's the most stable ROM I tested so far (and I tested nearly all of the 2.2 roms)...

Even battery life never has been a problem for me and I use JJ since it's 2nd release...

Guest leetron1

Its the most complete ROM: 2x OC, partition size change and even stock fm radio fixed in RLS9...fast, stable, loads of space free in /data and plenty of noodling with ahb & cpu OC...

Does any other 2.2 offer all that?

Edited by leetron1

Guest shadowninty

I voted ROM Size - I can haz 333MB /Data - yay :)

it also has AHB OC, fantastic fixed up kernel, updated and no bugs found :lol:

these are the reasons I went for it and why I stay with it

Guest MrPuddington
It's the most stable. And I'm still using RLS6.

Me too, and I am very happy with it. I wanted the released kernel, although that is more a feeling than a sound judgement.

And it does everything I want, although I think there is still a problem with battery consumption. If there is another ROM that is just as good but easier on the battery, I would use it. Is there?

Guest Frankish

How about this. The themes i have ported to Modaco Froyo were uploaded as far back as the 14th and the most popular one has had 116 downloads.

My Japanese Jellyfish themes ports were uploaded 2 days ago and the most popular has already reached 166 downloads...

Guest dbeckett

What made me go for jellyfish is the frequency of updates, I was so close to going for FLB, even had the rom downloaded however when I saw that it would be the final release, I decided to go Jellyfish, just thought itd be easier in the long run although going for FLB was tempting

Guest Rotmann
You missed out other reasons

- wanted some feature of Android 2.2 not in 2.1 (e.g. WiFi tethering, APPS2SD, etc)

Indeed, really you need to ask 2 separate questions:

- what was reason for wanting a 2.2 ROM?

- why did you choose JJ over other 2.2 ROMs?

You did not get it. The main question is what is the most important feature of the JJ over other 2.2 ROMs (as I mentioned FLB and MCR in the first post). I don't want to find out why people switched from 2.1 to 2.2 but to find out why people choose the JJ over the other 2.2 ROMs. Wi-Fi tethering, apps2sd are currently offered by all 2.2 ROMs. It's just interesting to find out why over 50% choose the JJ.

What about because "it works"

Most stable / bugless - that's the same

What about

"because it is one of the best ROMs and you don't have to buy adfree for the newest releases" ;-)

You don't have to buy adfree for FLB and Seb's de-softened Froyo either, no exclusive criteria here.

As a premature conclusion:

Choose the most important feature to you.

Overclocking [ 32 ] [11.59%]

Speed of updates and releases [ 68 ] [24.64%]

Battery life [ 10 ] [3.62%]

Most stable / bugless [ 81 ] [29.35%]

Recommended by most people / sites / polls [ 51 ] [18.48%]

Coolest ROM name ever :lol: [ 19 ] [6.88%]

TPT - 128MB image installation to free up user data space [ 15 ] [5.43%]

Total Votes: 276

Seems like stability, speed of updates and the recommendations are the main factors attracting people. I thought the overclocking would come to 30-40% but I was wrong. Also what I find highly suspicious is the number of votes: 276!!! Why do I say this? The main ROM usage poll has a total of 198 (?!?!?!?) votes, while 105 of those are for the JJ. How can this be? Could it be that people voted just to see the results (MoDaCo crappy forum)? This is possible if you log out of modaco and look at the statistics but maybe some users did not want to do that and just voted to have fun/see the results?