QuickOfficeHD (Tablet) App

Guest Lennyuk

Guest JustaBloke
If you go to this site on your Vega and click on the link http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Quickoffice.apk it should ask you to download it. Once downloaded, click on the file and it will ask you to install. You shouldnt have a zip file, should be an apk file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying, but this doesn't help. Tapping the link on my Vega produces no response (Dolphin HD) and downloading it on my PC just produces the same zip file.

Update: Working now. Perhaps it would help if I logged into Modaco on my Vega. Doh! Many thanks for your help.

Edited by JustaBloke

Guest bakedecake
Thanks for trying, but this doesn't help. Tapping the link on my Vega produces no response (Dolphin HD) and downloading it on my PC just produces the same zip file.

rename the file changing the .zip to .apk and try installing it again

Edited by bakedecake

Guest ClippinWings
Damn... Will not install for me. Just says "Application Not Installed" when I attempt to run through Root Explorer. Any suggestions?

If you are installing it on a Dell streak(saw that in your profile) that has StreakDroid ROM installed.

QuickOffice is a system app.

You must overwrite the system app using root explorer in /System/app

Change permissions to rw-r--r--

and reboot your device.

Guest warriorscot

The mail app is worth using, it's the first tablet one I have seen and so far it works perfectly for me and the interface is much easier to use than gmail.

Guest simonta

Folks, sorry to be the party pooper.

This is a commercial paid app. I don't know, but I am guessing that Notion Ink have a licensing agreement with QuickOffice to include in their ROMs. There is nothing I can see that allows any other use of it.

This raises 2 issues. There is a serious risk to Modaco (which of course is for Paul to decide/manage but I hope that he pulls the thread) from hosting it and a moral one.

As a software developer (and by the way, not everyone makes shed loads from the killer app like Rovio) I am appalled whenever I see software being stolen. I lose money for my hard work everytime someone steals my software and regardless of all the old, tired arguments, stealing software is no different to any other form of theft. I do work hard at it, and also choose to give my time for free but if I decide I will charge for my work, then it is wrong for someone to just help themselves without asking me. Black and white.

My plea is for people to do the right thing, regardless of their own desires, and not install someone else's legitimate property without the rights to do so. Just because you can do something does not make it right. If you like the app, reward the developers by paying what's due. If you like it but don't want to pay, then uninstall it.

I am not judging anyone, just asking people to make a moral choice and to do the right thing.

Let's keep this forum free of "warez".

Please.

Guest Lennyuk
Folks, sorry to be the party pooper.

This is a commercial paid app. I don't know, but I am guessing that Notion Ink have a licensing agreement with QuickOffice to include in their ROMs. There is nothing I can see that allows any other use of it.

This raises 2 issues. There is a serious risk to Modaco (which of course is for Paul to decide/manage but I hope that he pulls the thread) from hosting it and a moral one.

As a software developer (and by the way, not everyone makes shed loads from the killer app like Rovio) I am appalled whenever I see software being stolen. I lose money for my hard work everytime someone steals my software and regardless of all the old, tired arguments, stealing software is no different to any other form of theft. I do work hard at it, and also choose to give my time for free but if I decide I will charge for my work, then it is wrong for someone to just help themselves without asking me. Black and white.

My plea is for people to do the right thing, regardless of their own desires, and not install someone else's legitimate property without the rights to do so. Just because you can do something does not make it right. If you like the app, reward the developers by paying what's due. If you like it but don't want to pay, then uninstall it.

I am not judging anyone, just asking people to make a moral choice and to do the right thing.

Let's keep this forum free of "warez".

Please.

You have obviously not read the thread. I have already told paul about this thread this morning and he has so far left it open.

plus quickoffice hd is not currently a paid for app on android, but is on ipad so until it is this is this is not warez

.edita didn't mean this to sound blunt, typing on my vega. I am always dead against warez myself but it can't see a problem with this until they make the appropriate available. At the moment this has the same status as swype which as you know is freely available on most android websites.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest simonta

Lenny, no worries. Didn't take it as blunt and happy to be proved wrong (and to offer an unreserved apology) but I still can't see any legitimate way of getting this. I won't prattle on and will let Paul do his thing. Just saying, that's all.

BTW, it's available for only $9.99 on QuickOffice now if you're quick.

Cheers

Guest bakedecake
Lenny, no worries. Didn't take it as blunt and happy to be proved wrong (and to offer an unreserved apology) but I still can't see any legitimate way of getting this. I won't prattle on and will let Paul do his thing. Just saying, that's all.

BTW, it's available for only $9.99 on QuickOffice now if you're quick.

Cheers

Its not the same version.

Thanks for these! All of the apps I've tested work as descirbed - Browser, Mail'd, Canvas and Calculator. There's no colour banding issues either, which is great! :lol:

I'm glad to see that they work as expected

Guest shambolic

This is the word processor app I've been looking for. All the others you can only edit line by line. This one works just like a pc word processor. I paid for Documentsto go and office suite but found both frustrating to use and therefore don't use them.

and this is very different to the quick office up on Android market

Edited by shambolic

• 2 months later...
Guest Theopulus

Great apps, everyone! Most important thing regarding Android tablets is the need of "Tablet oriented" apps. We don't have Honeycomb, but have 10.1 displays...

Thanks a lot

Guest Dave Marchant
The OpenOffice tablet all for the Motorola Xoom is available now for $19. 99 from here:

http://www.quickoffice.com/cart/?add_offer...p;device_id=374

Does anyone know if this version will run on the Vega?

The web site does say "customised for Honeycomb" so there is a chance it won't.

I should add that I am using QuickOffice Pro on the Vega and finding it very useable.

Edited by Dave Marchant

Guest Bobby Elliott
The web site does say "customised for Honeycomb" so there is a chance it won't.

I should add that I am using QuickOffice Pro on the Vega and finding it very useable.

The version linked here is great. But I paid for and downloaded this paid version and it does not install. I get a "package parsing " error when I try to install the APK. Looks like I just wasted 20 bucks

• 1 month later...
Guest HypoTurtle
Yes, running on my Viewpad 10s with VegaComb 1.5.2.

What is your problem?

I've had FCing with this and other office apps, Polaris and Document To Go, when selecting the browse button