How to install HWUI addon for JJ9

Guest stevew69

Guest stevew69

Hi all

Just a quick question.

I want to install the HW UI addon for JJ9.

Is it as easy as download zip, putting on SD card, boot with volume down into clockword and then the 'install zip from SD card' option. Then reboot.

And is it 100% stable.

Cheer

Steve

Edited by stevew69

Guest stevew69
Cheers .... I will give it a bash. :lol:

Installed fine ........ just can't figure out how to use.

Does it just accelerate in the background or can you tweak the settings (can't see an app or widget relating to it)

Steve

Guest buneech
Installed fine ........ just can't figure out how to use.

Does it just accelerate in the background or can you tweak the settings (can't see an app or widget relating to it)

Steve

No widget, no app, no settings. It's just a line in build.prop that activates it. That's it.

Guest MadeInBeats
Noticeable smoothness in the UI but my battery drains about 20% faster.

I kept it on anyway as I have a charger at work and at home.

Sounds good, and I was going to try it out, but at 20% quicker battery drain, it just cannot be worth it..!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Camacha

How would you uninstall the hardware UI? It would be nice to have a widget to toggle it or something, but at the moment I'm not sure how to deactivate/uninstall it at all.

How would you uninstall the hardware UI? It would be nice to have a widget to toggle it or something, but at the moment I'm not sure how to deactivate/uninstall it at all.

reflash jj rls[whatever]

Guest targetbsp

How are people gauging battery drain? Is there a stress testing app for it or something? I can't see a difference between any rom or settings I've tried that I can't put down to the hopelessly non linear fashion in which the battery gauge drops.