A few of us have tried and tested this configuration successfully and below are some instructions for people to follow in order to do this yourselves.
OK here goes a step-by-step guide (version 2.0) to setting up GPS on the Vega with your £6.95 GPS device
1. Go to Market and download/install the 'Bluetooth GPS Provider' app by mobile-j.de which is FREE
2. In Vega settings go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > DEVELOPMENT > ALLOW MOCK LOCATIONS and tick it
3. Go to SETTINGS > WIRELESS NETWORKS > BLUETOOTH and switch it on by ticking
Go to SETTINGS > LOCATION & SECURITY > USE WIRELESS NETWORKS and switch on by ticking
4. Click on Bluetooth GPS Provider icon in app tray to launch it
5. In BT GPS click on menu and select preferences then set these
6. Force tick
7. Switch Bluetooth tick
8. Raw HDOP tick
9. GPS Type set to OTHER
10. SIRF settings should be set to SWITCH TO NMEA
11. Turn on GPS Wayfinder hardware and position until the Left Green Arrow light is Solid and Right Blue Arrow light is flashing (will turn solid when connected to Vega)
P.S. You will need to pair this device with the Vega initially before you do this. It should show as 'BT GPS V10 Paired but not connected' on BT device list
12. Go to BT GPS app initial screen and select START
At this point the screen should blank and pop-up a message saying gathering GPS data (or words to that effect) and you may notice two icons appear on the Vega notification bar 1) a blue arrow showing Navigator is loaded 2) a blue radio signal showing BT GPS is running. After that a dimmed display will appear with the following options NAVIGATE, PHONE, VOICE SEARCH, CONTACTS, MUSIC, EXIT CAR MODE.
Select NAVIGATE and test it by typing a destination postcode some distance from your own and a pop-up saying 'Getting navigation instructions' will appear and shortly after the screen will display a map or satellite image of your current location with indicators showing which direction to travel.
Click on 'Then' button and thereafter the Right Arrow button on the apps notification bar to follow the route it's found.
You should now be in business !!! Why not watch the video of this working for real.
Let me know if that all works for you?
If you should get a message saying 'GPS is Disabled' at any point please go to post number 78 in this topic for a solution.
Note: I shall edit the above instructions if any errors come to light and change the version number as I do so
Edited by trevor432990, 28 March 2011 - 07:34 AM.