How to overlap widgets in Launcher Pro in a good way

Guest Xenon0816

Guest Xenon0816

The topic title basically describes what I want to do...

I have two widgets, the simi clock and battstatt and I want simiclock to overlap battstatt...

It works fine, but I lose the ability to click on battstatt... (I have a transparent background on simiclock)

Let me show you what I mean: This is my screen... I gave simiclock a green background to show, that battstatt is behind it

screen1yqpp.jpg

If I remove all the widgets and add battstatt first, then simiclock and then resize simiclock, battstatt is in front of simiclock

screen2xsla.jpg

Sadly this only lasts until I reboot the phone... After a reboot battstatt will be in the background again...

So my question is, whether it is possible to have battstatt in the foreground all the time...

€: I found the solution, here we go:

I tried to test autostart, but while using it i stumbled upon the real solution...

Let me tell you my steps:

1. I added Battstatt, then added Simiclock, then moved them together:

1. before a reboot: Battstatt sits in front of simiclock, you are able to press on battstatt (success)
  2. after a reboot: Battstatt is behind simiclock, you lose the ability to press on battstatt (fail)
2. I changed the order of adding the widgets: First simiclock, then battstatt, then resized them and moved them together:
  1. before a reboot: Battstatt is behind simiclock, I can not press it (seems like a fail)
  2. after a reboot: HEY IT WORKS!!!11 So Battstatt finally sits in front of simiclock and I'm able to press it (finally success biggrin.gif)
I think the reason why I did not find this solution earlier is, that it seems not to work this way, as you can't press Battstatt first (reboot is needed)

I hope this thread helps some other people with similar problems...

Edited by Xenon0816

Guest Xenon0816
hummm

there are apps to autostart or not apps and widgets

in this apps i suppose you can give the order apps start ;)

Sounds like a thing to try... Any special app you could recommend?

Guest Xenon0816

I tried to test autostart, but while using it i stumbled upon the real solution...

Let me tell you my steps:

1. I added Battstatt, then added Simiclock, then moved them together:

• before a reboot: Battstatt sits in front of simiclock, you are able to press on battstatt (success)
  • after a reboot: Battstatt is behind simiclock, you lose the ability to press on battstatt (fail)

• before a reboot: Battstatt is behind simiclock, I can not press it (seems like a fail)
    • after a reboot: HEY IT WORKS!!!11 So Battstatt finally sits in front of simiclock and I'm able to press it (finally success ;))

I think the reason why I did not find this solution earlier is, that it seems not to work this way, as you can't press Battstatt first (reboot is needed)

I hope this thread helps some other people with similar problems...

Guest Xenon0816
How do you get them to overlap in LP? Mine just jumps to the side or turns yellow to be resized :S Do you have to have the paid version?

Yes this only works in the paid version, as you have to resize the widgets...

If you have the pro version it's pretty easy: get two widgets, place them underneath each other, and resize them until they overlap the way you want it...

• 1 month later...
Guest Pearl Jam
Yes this only works in the paid version, as you have to resize the widgets...

If you have the pro version it's pretty easy: get two widgets, place them underneath each other, and resize them until they overlap the way you want it...

am I missing something? I have LP Plus and I can't get these icons to overlap for Sh*t :D - I kind of get what your saying by resizing them, but I can only resize by draggin down and to the left - not in any other direction. So If I want to overlap two icons on the far left of the screen(or even the far right after several attempts) I can't do it. Please, if you have any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it...I don't realy understand why I have to have a set number of grids > should be able to place icons anywher without them snapping where the grid is.

Thanks!

PJ

Guest Xenon0816
am I missing something? I have LP Plus and I can't get these icons to overlap for Sh*t :D - I kind of get what your saying by resizing them, but I can only resize by draggin down and to the left - not in any other direction. So If I want to overlap two icons on the far left of the screen(or even the far right after several attempts) I can't do it. Please, if you have any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it...I don't realy understand why I have to have a set number of grids > should be able to place icons anywher without them snapping where the grid is.

Thanks!

PJ

Sorry but I don't quite get what you mean... Could you maybe post some screenies to show your problem? If I get some screens I will try to help you!