A definative list of proven Vega accessories.

Guest ztips72

Guest ztips72

There are a lot of separate threads discussing cases, protectors, cleaning cloths, stylus and mains chargers.

If we could create a list of known accessories along with price and links in one place, I think this would be of great benefit to us Vegans.

I can start this of with:

Neoprene Ipad slip cover (20cm x 28cm) - Poundland £1 - Fits well and protects the Vega for day to day casual use.

post-804038-1296585312_thumb.jpg post-804038-1296585349_thumb.jpg

50 disposable lens cleaning tissues - Poundworld £1 - Really makes the screen sparkling and squeaky clean, Can be used twice if put back in foil packet.

Capacitive Stylus - eBay £1.06 delivered - works well and helps prevent greasy fingerprints.

post-804038-1296585643_thumb.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stylus-Touch-Pen-App...=item3cb4b7d9c0

Edited by ztips72

Guest rvdgeer

Ok, will repeat my post from the accessory thread here:

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...

;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!

You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!

:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

post-205359-1296478459_thumb.jpg

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...

I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!

;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Guest Sanddancer75
Neoprene Ipad slip cover - Poundland £1 - Fits well and protects the Vega for day to day use.

I picked one of these up in the hope of it fitting over my official case to give it some extra protection when it's in my bag. It doesn't fit over the case but would fit over the Vega by itself (although it will slide up & down inside). I'd be hesitant about keeping it in there as it really offers little protection & is probably only useful for keeping the thing clean.

Guest ztips72
I picked one of these up in the hope of it fitting over my official case to give it some extra protection when it's in my bag. It doesn't fit over the case but would fit over the Vega by itself (although it will slide up & down inside). I'd be hesitant about keeping it in there as it really offers little protection & is probably only useful for keeping the thing clean.

Poundland sell 2 sizes of slip case. The Ipad 28 x 20cm case fits the Vega and as I said is suitable for casual use. I would not recommend this as a replacement for a folio style cover or as a cover to place the official leather folio case inside.

Guest Tainlorn
Ok, will repeat my post from the accessory thread here:

I really can't believe so few people have discovered how great the Toshiba Folio 100 Cover Sleeve is for the Vega...

You can find a couple of pics of it on the Accessories tab on the Toshiba website...

;)

However, (hold on, sit tight, here it comes) one picture is missing on that site!

You can fold the case so that your vega sits in a 30 degree angle (approx.), perfect for typing!

:D

I made a picture of the user instructions on the packaging:

post-205359-1296478459_thumb.jpg

Part 2 shows what I'm talking about...

Another great pro of this case is the velcro it uses to lock the device inside...

I tried and concluded: I won't fall out!

;)

The only con is: the ports on the right side of the device are blocked...

But as it's blocked by the 'velcro locker' it's quite easy to open it up to plug anything in...

Costs: € 40,- (Holland)

Any links for the Toshiba case? Not been able to find it anywhere.

Guest warriorscot

There isn't many threads talking about accessories for the vega, there is ONE all the others are short or abandoned because there is already an accessories thread. No reason why this couldn't have went into the correct thread instead of cluttering the forum.

There isn't many threads talking about accessories for the vega, there is ONE all the others are short or abandoned because there is already an accessories thread. No reason why this couldn't have went into the correct thread instead of cluttering the forum.

I disagree - Most of the other thread is full of crappy Ipad cases and screen covers that don't fit.

This is a genius Idea, although I would have preferred it if the first posted ONLY had items with working links to the place you can buy. Along with prices / descriptions etc.

THAT would have been a useful thread. NO discussion - Just info....

*EDIT*

So here goes:

Bluetooth GPS Unit (£5 delivered) Works great with Google Maps Navigation and others

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cheapo Vega Stand (£1.60 delivered) Basically a plastic plate stand, not good for typing, but works a treat for watching films etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Car Power supply (£7.99 in store - more expensive online) - COmes with 6 interchangeable tips, so will likely work on more than just the Vega.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/universal-3a-dc-power-supply-228639

Edited by QLF

THAT would have been a useful thread. NO discussion - Just info....

Agreed! I for one would kill to know which replacement chargers work and fix the multi repeat problem. I've seen suggestions of ones on eBay, rs and maplin but no links (eBay excepted) and no confirmation they work as hoped. I don't want discussion. Just the facts ma'am.

Guest Touch Graphite
Neoprene Ipad slip cover - Poundland £1 - Fits well and protects the Vega for day to day use.

Can we see pictures of this baby fitted before Poundland shares take on Apple.

Guest Sanddancer75
Can we see pictures of this baby fitted before Poundland shares take on Apple.

Just in case you were serious I took some pics...

sam_0210.jpgsam_0211.jpg

I think I need to clean my screen.

Guest Tony Williams
Just found this acrylic stand on ebay for £7.50 delivered. Looks good for watching films etc, ive emailed them about getting a version that could be used at 30 degrees as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230579553757

I`m using this case for my Vega:Nowsupplier

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

Guest tomolewis

Cost was £6.22 and it fits the vega well , can also be used as a stand with adjustable angle. It does cover the camera and USB/HDMI ports though which I don`t find a problem as I rarely use these. The charging port isn`t covered so the vega can be left in the case for charging. Takes a few weeks to arrive from Hong Kong but brilliant for the cost. I believe the same case can be purchased on EBay from a UK supplier but the cost is higher.

I bought something like this from ebay its meant for the ZT-130 epad and i think the fit it very bad indeed....the vega can move around the case.

Does this auto turn on when power is applied or do you have to turn it on?

ta

It is a standalone GPS unit. It only has an on / off switch which turns on both the GPS and Bluetooth units within. Once paired using 0000 to the Vega, all you have to do is turn it on, and turn on Bluetooth on the Vega, then launch the Navigation app. 1st time will take a while to open, but after that you're rocking ;)

Top tip tho - Remember and pre-cache maps data before leaving the house. Saves on data, and means you DO NOT need top tether it to your phone for full turn by turn navigation ;)

Guest Tony Williams
I bought something like this from ebay its meant for the ZT-130 epad and i think the fit it very bad indeed....the vega can move around the case.

If anything the case i have is a bit snug, no danger of it moving around at all.

Guest zzleezz

Very happy with my case,

This Technika Professional 10.2" laptop skin offers easy access to your laptop and accessories on the go. To keep your laptop in pristine condition the plush interior offers protection from bumps and scratches.

Bought from local tesco, £12.99 which I think is very reasonable for a quality case. Fits the vega perfectly and has an exterior pocket for keeping the microfibre cleaning cloth in.

Link

Guest extrememonkey

I picked up one of these, and I must say im glad I did...

Vega Bag its not purpose built for the Vega but for 10.2 netbookz and or most tablets.

The included sleeve is very nice and good fit, if you keep the foam from the Vega box and put it in with the Vega its a near perfect fit plus extra protection when you leave the comfort of your sofa.

The actual bag is excellent quality, waterproof zips, loads of pockets for charging cable ext HDD etc. The main compartment fits the Vega and sleeve very nicely with enough room for a couple of notebooks or equivelent. It has a little removeable pouch which I havent found a decent use for so that is living at home most of the time.

All in all a useful purchase for when taking your Vega out and about.....

Guest Jisonga

I popped into my local Maplin store today and brought a book stand for a fiver which holds the Vega just fine and with adjustable angles i can use it for both watching videos and like now typing.

It is more than sturdy enough to support the Vega and i will be sticking with it until proper dock from Advent comes along.

Here is a web link for picture and details - http://www.maplin.co.uk/book-stand-copy-holder-505468

Jason.

• 2 months later...
Guest Leanne.williams38

Thanks for this info, just ordered one and now anxiously awaiting its arrival.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vansphone

This is a great idea for a thread. I have tried to read through the existing accessories thread but it is too long and full of things which are not successful. Having a thread devoted only to accessories that are known to work is great.

Personally, I am looking for a replacement for the standard Vega case, so I will read this thread with interest.