Clean home theme (using only free apps!) Also launcher pro plus/adw ex theme + application shelf guide

Guest taine0

--------------------------------------------------------------

Application Shelf guide

Application shelf for non multipicture live wallpaper users.

rlkTt.png

All the icons and shelves can be found here.

Sorry theres not more icons, but I only made the ones I use with some added ones. but you can always tweak the shelvevs to fit the icons you use easy enough!

Only other widget used on screen shot is minimastlic text for the clock underneath the page tag.

Right, the how to now!

use ADW EX launcher 1.2.2, could work with launcher pro plus but haven't tested!

Set row and collumns to 10 x 10, overlap widgets ticked in screen preference and auto stretched unticked in advanced settings.

Lay down minimastlic text 2x1 widget first(make the horizontal to left the and then add 2 spaces with static text) just shove that in corner for now, it's not really important.

Put all the icons around first, stick them in whatever order you want, you be moving them around anywho. Once the icons are laid down, start with the shelves, I started with the top on first. stretch it out, then allign the icons over the top of it. repeat untill all are complete. It's a little bit tricky but not too difficult in the end. Once completely, go to a different home screen, go into ADW settings and click restart. Stay on the different home screen while all the widgets are loading. Once everything seems loaded, move to the applications page and everything should be in the right order and ready to use!

----------------------------------

Hey, I've had so many PMs about my recent themes, asking for files used and how to achieve it. I thought I'd create one that only uses free applications so i can post EVERYTHING, including the launcher. Obviously the theme is only a base line and as with every homescreen, the posibilties are endless.

Oro0x.jpg

Right, we'll start with the launcher. This setup is done with GO Launcher EX as it's one of the few free launchers that allow scrollable/sizable widgets and custom docks. Launcher pro plus and ADW EX are far better, but you know. It's a start. This theme is possible in any launcher with the ability to size widgets.

GO Launcher EX

In the launcher, Hide the status bar, set the grid size to 5. Dock>custom theme>custom background>select dock background>Oe9Wb.png

It's upto you if you want to add custom icons to the dock, I never bother.

Multipicture live wallpaper

This application lets you have a different wallpaper for each home screen, It's pretty amazing. The transition effects look great too.

These are the wallpapers I've used, with some added ones.

wallpaper pack

Feel free to make your own.

Now we have the base out of the way, it's time for widgets!

Transparent modded widgets:

winamp

youtube

Facebook

-----------------------------------------------

Desktop Visualizer Is probably one of the greatest applications around.

Set them as 1x1, Use any icon set you like. Ares HD look pretty good and theres lots of requests or my own set Metrogloss

-----------------------------------------------

Widgets used from left to right

SMS unread count You can use custom icons for this application, just put them in sd>data>com.kanokgems.smswidget

stardust SMS icons used on home page just put them in that folder and when you create the widget, click on custom skin.

Watchdog lite CPU widget.

xbox live stats

Calwidget Not the best free calendar widget out there, but I like it, has lots of theming options.

My modded analog clock

Retro clock widget Pretty good free flip clock widget.

Minimalistic text Probably one of the best widgets around.

Widgetsoid My favourite switcher applcation, even over switcher pro.

Weather widget free Decent weather widget, falls short compared to beautiful weather or fancy weather, but it's free, yah?

AtomaRSS Great RSS widget that links with google reader.

Might make a zip file with all the files used in one, but it's easiest enough to just scan everything from app brain and download from market. Most people probably have most of the widgets too!

--------------------------------------

This theme looks far better if you buy a launcher like ADW EX or launcher pro plus and applications like fancy widget make it look much cleaner! but not everyone wants to buy applications ;)

Feel free to message me or anything if you have questions.

EDIT: Got rid of application page because it looks like crap on GO EX launcher.

The font I use on the phone is (Helvetiker.

Install with type fresh (must be rooted) and follow instructions on screen

----

My latest theme, Dark purple. Using laucher pro plus

IBVkF.png

I'm now using desktop visualizer images for the page tags instead of multipicture live wallpaper.

paid apps:

Launcher pro plus is probably the best launcher available

Launcher pro plus widget mods Lots of skins for launcher pro plus.

Fancy widget for the weather and flip clock.

Music playerpro with a transparent mod.

All other files, including icons, wallpaper, clock, dock and page tags can be found here

10x10 for rows and columns, auto fit to grid switched off, background scrolling switched off.

Edited by taine0

great guide thanks

it's just the first screen at left which seems not go with the other screens

Yeah, It usually looks better, but this launcher has it's limitation on grid size, so it's tricky to fit the icons in. Theres no real need for an application page anywho, just added it for the sake of it cause my main theme has it. Go EX launcher lets you make application folders.

edit: got rid of application page now, still kept the details though for anyone interested in some icons, etc.

Edited by taine0

Guest Frankish

It's a fantastic look. However due to how quick i rom hop i can't be bothered setting it all up every time ;)

If i settle on a rom i will probably use this with a little tweak here and there.

Guest zZ-Zombi-xVz

Great theme, best one i've seen so far. I would even pay to get mine like that.

Great job mate, keep it up.

Edited by zZ-Zombi-xVz

Good guide, I have one question though. Where do the titles come from

i.e where it says Home, Media, Social and News is this from one of the widgets or the launcher?

Guest friederike
Good guide, I have one question though. Where do the titles come from

i.e where it says Home, Media, Social and News is this from one of the widgets or the launcher?

the titles are included in the background images itself, see example from the wallpaper.zip attached.

post-814043-1296887276_thumb.png

Guest Xenon0816

Hey nice theme there! Thanks for sharing information about it.

Am I right that Launcher Pro is the only launcher that allows widget overlapping (at least a bit)?

Wow, that's beautiful. I already use some of the apps recommended, but some I didn't know about and gives me some even greater levels of customization. Thanks for the tips!

One question though, is there any easy way to put the labels(Home, media, social etc) on your own wallpapers? Did you do it yourself? What program and what font? They look great.

Wow, that's beautiful. I already use some of the apps recommended, but some I didn't know about and gives me some even greater levels of customization. Thanks for the tips!

One question though, is there any easy way to put the labels(Home, media, social etc) on your own wallpapers? Did you do it yourself? What program and what font? They look great.

Hey, I use photoshop with helvetica font.

But you can use this free font (Helvetiker.

It is also the font I have installed on my phone. For those that don't know how to install fonts on your phone. Install type fresh (must be rooted) and follow instructions on screen. I'll update the oringnal post with this info.

Hey, I use photoshop with helvetica font.

But you can use this free font (Helvetiker.

It is also the font I have installed on my phone. For those that don't know how to install fonts on your phone. Install type fresh (must be rooted) and follow instructions on screen. I'll update the oringnal post with this info.

Yeah, I guess I'm one of the few left this side of the millennium who never ever edited a photo. And kind of weird that a desire to change my homescreen on my phone might change that. Gonna see if I can get a photo editor.

You don't by chance know if the photoshop for android devices is anything to have, or should I just go for a real desktop program?

Yeah, I guess I'm one of the few left this side of the millennium who never ever edited a photo. And kind of weird that a desire to change my homescreen on my phone might change that. Gonna see if I can get a photo editor.

You don't by chance know if the photoshop for android devices is anything to have, or should I just go for a real desktop program?

The android version of photoshop is only for editting the contrast and brightness, adding some cheesy effects to photos, etc. You really need the real thing or GIMP.

Updated OP with latest mod.

Guest Phoenix Silver
The android version of photoshop is only for editting the contrast and brightness, adding some cheesy effects to photos, etc. You really need the real thing or GIMP.

Updated OP with latest mod.

i use gimp with my linux box :D

Guest Decadence

High taine0. I love your home screen theme! When I first boot up the phone it takes a bit of time for the background images and app icons to load. Does this happen for you? Is there a way of putting the images onto the phone's memory instead of the sdcard to mkae them appear faster? Thanks!

High taine0. I love your home screen theme! When I first boot up the phone it takes a bit of time for the background images and app icons to load. Does this happen for you? Is there a way of putting the images onto the phone's memory instead of the sdcard to mkae them appear faster? Thanks!

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I guess if you're rooted and have astro manager, you can transfer the image files to your phone memory and use astro to find em. Not alot of people have too much free phone memory, though. Haven't tried this myself, either.

It doesn't take too long to load everything up, though. I hardly ever reboot my phone, too. What I usually do is just leave the phone alone for a minute while it's finding all the files, if I start browsing my phone while it's doing that, slows it down quite a bit.

Guest Stimpson90

Hi all,

Im trying to apply this theme to my San fran using ADW Launcher Ex, but cant see the option to switch off 'auto fit to grid'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Stimpson90

P.S Big thanks taine0 for taking the time to create this guide.

Hi all,

Im trying to apply this theme to my San fran using ADW Launcher Ex, but cant see the option to switch off 'auto fit to grid'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Stimpson90

P.S Big thanks taine0 for taking the time to create this guide.

goto into ADW settings>Ui settings> screen preference>advanced settings and untick auto stretch! Also make sure you have overlap widgets ticked in the latest ADW EX, great feature!

Guest Stimpson90
goto into ADW settings>Ui settings> screen preference>advanced settings and untick auto stretch! Also make sure you have overlap widgets ticked in the latest ADW EX, great feature!

Ah, spot on, thanks again mate! Much appreciated..