Clean home theme (using only free apps!) Also launcher pro plus/adw ex theme + application shelf guide

Guest taine0

Nice one, is it not just one theme file that we can download that applies the whole look ? Or is that just naively optimistic ? :D

Nah, sorry. Due to it using desktop visualizer and launcher pro's limitations can't do it :D So i just have a post a guide with the files!

Guest herbi69

any one made application shelf using launcher pro ? There's no overlap widget option in Launcher's pro menu :/ when i touch shelf or restart my phone shelf goin' down under my icons

Edited by herbi69

Guest taine0
any one made application shelf using launcher pro ? There's no overlap widget option in Launcher's pro menu :/ when i touch shelf or restart my phone shelf goin' down under my icons

launcher pro is a bit different than ADW ex, I haven't tested it wit launcher pro, so it may not line up correctly. But with launcher pro whichever widget you put down first will be at the bottom after restart, so make sure you put the shelves down first, then the icons. But launcher pro lets you overlaps widgets pretty easily anywho

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daniel.esz

hey taine0. awesome job on the theme!

do you think you could share the .psd for the icons so that I can add reflection to my icons easily myself? would be great :D

Guest taine0
hey taine0. awesome job on the theme!

do you think you could share the .psd for the icons so that I can add reflection to my icons easily myself? would be great :D

Sadly the PSD doesn't help with reflections, it's just something you have to do. I do use a batch process, but even then you still have to tweak it after. Actually the new reflection style i use is much easier. Just duplication>vertical flip>add a mask to the layer> use gradient for transparency>lower the transparency for the overall image, done!

Guest daniel.esz
Sadly the PSD doesn't help with reflections, it's just something you have to do. I do use a batch process, but even then you still have to tweak it after. Actually the new reflection style i use is much easier. Just duplication>vertical flip>add a mask to the layer> use gradient for transparency>lower the transparency for the overall image, done!

thanks, man. I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deanoj
--------------------------------------------------------------

Application Shelf guide

Application shelf for non multipicture live wallpaper users.

rlkTt.png

All the icons and shelves can be found here.

Sorry theres not more icons, but I only made the ones I use with some added ones. but you can always tweak the shelvevs to fit the icons you use easy enough!

Only other widget used on screen shot is minimastlic text for the clock underneath the page tag.

Right, the how to now!

use ADW EX launcher 1.2.2, could work with launcher pro plus but haven't tested!

Set row and collumns to 10 x 10, overlap widgets ticked in screen preference and auto stretched unticked in advanced settings.

Lay down minimastlic text 2x1 widget first(make the horizontal to left the and then add 2 spaces with static text) just shove that in corner for now, it's not really important.

Put all the icons around first, stick them in whatever order you want, you be moving them around anywho. Once the icons are laid down, start with the shelves, I started with the top on first. stretch it out, then allign the icons over the top of it. repeat untill all are complete. It's a little bit tricky but not too difficult in the end. Once completely, go to a different home screen, go into ADW settings and click restart. Stay on the different home screen while all the widgets are loading. Once everything seems loaded, move to the applications page and everything should be in the right order and ready to use!

----------------------------------

Hey, I've had so many PMs about my recent themes, asking for files used and how to achieve it. I thought I'd create one that only uses free applications so i can post EVERYTHING, including the launcher. Obviously the theme is only a base line and as with every homescreen, the posibilties are endless.

Oro0x.jpg

Right, we'll start with the launcher. This setup is done with GO Launcher EX as it's one of the few free launchers that allow scrollable/sizable widgets and custom docks. Launcher pro plus and ADW EX are far better, but you know. It's a start. This theme is possible in any launcher with the ability to size widgets.

GO Launcher EX

In the launcher, Hide the status bar, set the grid size to 5. Dock>custom theme>custom background>select dock background>Oe9Wb.png

It's upto you if you want to add custom icons to the dock, I never bother.

Multipicture live wallpaper

This application lets you have a different wallpaper for each home screen, It's pretty amazing. The transition effects look great too.

These are the wallpapers I've used, with some added ones.

wallpaper pack

Feel free to make your own.

Now we have the base out of the way, it's time for widgets!

Transparent modded widgets:

winamp

youtube

Facebook

-----------------------------------------------

Desktop Visualizer Is probably one of the greatest applications around.

Set them as 1x1, Use any icon set you like. Ares HD look pretty good and theres lots of requests or my own set Metrogloss

-----------------------------------------------

Widgets used from left to right

SMS unread count You can use custom icons for this application, just put them in sd>data>com.kanokgems.smswidget

stardust SMS icons used on home page just put them in that folder and when you create the widget, click on custom skin.

Watchdog lite CPU widget.

xbox live stats

Calwidget Not the best free calendar widget out there, but I like it, has lots of theming options.

My modded analog clock

Retro clock widget Pretty good free flip clock widget.

Minimalistic text Probably one of the best widgets around.

Widgetsoid My favourite switcher applcation, even over switcher pro.

Weather widget free Decent weather widget, falls short compared to beautiful weather or fancy weather, but it's free, yah?

AtomaRSS Great RSS widget that links with google reader.

Might make a zip file with all the files used in one, but it's easiest enough to just scan everything from app brain and download from market. Most people probably have most of the widgets too!

--------------------------------------

This theme looks far better if you buy a launcher like ADW EX or launcher pro plus and applications like fancy widget make it look much cleaner! but not everyone wants to buy applications :D

Feel free to message me or anything if you have questions.

EDIT: Got rid of application page because it looks like crap on GO EX launcher.

The font I use on the phone is (Helvetiker.

Install with type fresh (must be rooted) and follow instructions on screen

----

My latest theme, Dark purple. Using laucher pro plus

IBVkF.png

I'm now using desktop visualizer images for the page tags instead of multipicture live wallpaper.

paid apps:

Launcher pro plus is probably the best launcher available

Launcher pro plus widget mods Lots of skins for launcher pro plus.

Fancy widget for the weather and flip clock.

Music playerpro with a transparent mod.

All other files, including icons, wallpaper, clock, dock and page tags can be found here

10x10 for rows and columns, auto fit to grid switched off, background scrolling switched off.

hi there. can someone please explain how to put the shelfs in ive been trying for over 3 hours now. ive put the shelf png on the sd card and im using adw ex but i can find no way of getting the shelf png on the screen. any help would be great. cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...