dell streak 7 reviews

Guest cowballz

Guest spiderboyy

It's pretty much been getting destroyed throughout the tech blogs. It's pretty much the exact same device as the Streak 5, except bigger, and with a Tegra 2. The only good news I go out of this, is that if the Streak 7 is going to get Honeycomb, then I guess Honeycomb runs on devices with 800x480 resolutions

Guest cowballz
It's pretty much been getting destroyed throughout the tech blogs. It's pretty much the exact same device as the Streak 5, except bigger, and with a Tegra 2. The only good news I go out of this, is that if the Streak 7 is going to get Honeycomb, then I guess Honeycomb runs on devices with 800x480 resolutions

im still shocked they used that kind of screen, its like going to best buy and buying a old tube tv that weighed 180 pounds while LEDtvs have been out for a year or so, and say "dont worry this tube tv got hdmi inputs"

Guest austreaker

What was Dell thinking releasing this device.

Someone should get sack or if it is base on cost, then they have to substantially reduce the price of this device for it to do well.

They should concentrate on the Dell Streak V2 with sAmoled screen and update the hardware spec, although I am more than happy with the current hardware. Maybe increase the screen to 5.6" without increasing the size if possible and using sAmoled screen

Guest cowballz

Someone should get sack or if it is base on cost, then they have to substantially reduce the price of this device for it to do well.

They should concentrate on the Dell Streak V2 with sAmoled screen and update the hardware spec, although I am more than happy with the current hardware. Maybe increase the screen to 5.6" without increasing the size if possible and using sAmoled screen

7" are to inconvienent to carry around anyways they should have just made a 5" led with smaller frame with new prossessor and dell would shove samsung and.htc to a.little.corner,, there loss

Guest austreaker
7" are to inconvienent to carry around anyways they should have just made a 5" led with smaller frame with new prossessor and dell would shove samsung and.htc to a.little.corner,, there loss

+1

Guest jnaldaco

+1

Guest sukh singh

The whole reason I have just sold the original streak is due to its screen being disappointing after you look at what else is out there..Super Amoled screen on a new 5inch streak and I will move straight back....oh and a vanilla os;)

The whole reason I have just sold the original streak is due to its screen being disappointing after you look at what else is out there..Super Amoled screen on a new 5inch streak and I will move straight back....oh and a vanilla os;)

This is the first and last time I am using Dell - not that I have too many complaints - but the lack of developer support has put me off totally. I really liked the 5 inch size - no matter who says what - its perfect to use as a phone and a tablet.

Now, waiting for HTC to drop their tablet then will move on......

Guest spacecat46

Guess I will be sticking with my 5 incher, tbh I think it is the ideal compromise between size and function

Would be cool if they could have a screen with no bezel but no one seems to be getting close to that yet

Bad move dell to kill your 2nd born at birth!

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all

Well i must admit i really find some of the comments here a little strange first of all those of you that want SAMOLED why just because its the latest buzz tech? as personally i think the screen on the Streak is very good mind you i always have mine set on full brightness as i do with every devcie i use oh and i am still seeing over 34hrs 14 mins battery life from a full charge now on v1.6.1 up from the previous 31hrs 37mins. That's not by turning everything off either i have two push e-mail accounts running 24/7 Weather updating every 4hrs and background syncing on but i only turn on Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS when I'm actually using them.

I recently compared the Streaks screen to the Galaxy S i owned and also a iPhone4 and HD7 and IMHO the Streaks screen with them all set to full brightness was the best as for everyone wanting the Tegra2 chip over what we have really just why is that yet another hot new buzz processor i have no issues with the power the 1GHz Snapdragon produces on our Streaks along with the great battery life. Neither a new screen nor processor at this time would get me to upgrade my current Streak especially as i am now seeing a Quadrant score of 2465. But as always whats best for me may not be for anyone else and we all free to spend our money how we please but as i said i just find some of these points made a little strange.

Marc

Guest rockymtnbri
Hi all

Well i must admit i really find some of the comments here a little strange first of all those of you that want SAMOLED why just because its the latest buzz tech? as personally i think the screen on the Streak is very good mind you i always have mine set on full brightness as i do with every devcie i use oh and i am still seeing over 34hrs 14 mins battery life from a full charge now on v1.6.1 up from the previous 31hrs 37mins. That's not by turning everything off either i have two push e-mail accounts running 24/7 Weather updating every 4hrs and background syncing on but i only turn on Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS when I'm actually using them.

I recently compared the Streaks screen to the Galaxy S i owned and also a iPhone4 and HD7 and IMHO the Streaks screen with them all set to full brightness was the best as for everyone wanting the Tegra2 chip over what we have really just why is that yet another hot new buzz processor i have no issues with the power the 1GHz Snapdragon produces on our Streaks along with the great battery life. Neither a new screen nor processor at this time would get me to upgrade my current Streak especially as i am now seeing a Quadrant score of 2465. But as always whats best for me may not be for anyone else and we all free to spend our money how we please but as i said i just find some of these points made a little strange.

Marc

Amen.

Guest spacecat46
Hi all

Well i must admit i really find some of the comments here a little strange first of all those of you that want SAMOLED why just because its the latest buzz tech? as personally i think the screen on the Streak is very good.

Marc

What looks good on a 5 inch screen won't look do good on a 7 inch screen and that appears to be the point

theres.no.way u think dells lcd screen is better than a samoled , your just being a fan boy now

Rofl. Maybe there's something wrong with the screens shipped to UK. But I thought the few super ultra mega hypobole amoled screens were over hyped and bland. moderately better in bright sun. But we get so little of that they aren't worth the fuss. The rest of the time they looked flatter ans soulless to me.

I'm no fanboooyyy btw before you start calling me names as well.

Guest cowballz

na no names , i own a samsung galaxy s , and when i put them side to side galaxy s blows it out of the water , to me its all about blacks, and the samoled has perfect blacks, almost looks as if the screen if off if theres no picture , and the colors are spot on on the galaxy s , however with dell streak ( example) when u first turn on the phone and u see the dell logo, u see a ton of light leaking from sides,

ill shoot a 1080p video when i get a chance comparing screens

Guest Spike8585

I almost hope they don't release the Streak v2 prematurely. We all just got these devices, and DJSteve has made these so fast.

I am not ready for a new device. Lets wait for the next generation of APU and GPU's.

Also, I would only buy one, if DJSteve did too. ;)

We will need an awesome developer to tweak it for us.

Guest Dogmann55

@cowballz

I had the Galaxy S and it was no where near as good as the Streak's in my honest opinion and i took my Streak and held it next to an Iphone4 and an HD7 all with brightness on full and again found the Streak's screen to be better then either of those i don't know maybe my Streak is special but i doubt it but do you have your Streak's screen on full brightness? and auto brightness disabled? as it makes a huge difference and i stand by what i say and am in no way a fanboy either.

Marc

Guest LorD CLockaN

You all went off topic...

Only drawback of the new Seven is small resolution no matter the screen quality..

with this res on 7" we'll need to use smaller dpi settings, and who knows how many apps are there to support this

Guest austreaker

I guess most of us here are not interested in the 7" screen since it is not pocketable, however the observation stand that we may buy one as a companion but the drawback are

-smaller battery size compare to GTab

-small screen res (note you can reduce the res for better readability as needed but not the other way round)

-sAmoled may by hyped but it seem to have more vibrant colours and outdoor readability and also uses less battery juice (not a deal breaker though)

-no phone feature, again, it should be added and it is up to the consumer to decide on their choices if they want it or not

-trim the bezel fat to make the device smaller and sleeker if possible

so if are going to release a 'new' current tablet that has some of these drawbacks compare to the GTab which is already release a couple of months ago, you are playing catch up. Bad move by Dell IMO.

Guest Terrigno
Hi all

Marc

Amoled? Hold a Galaxy S phone next to the Dell Streak. Samsung Captivate for example. Look at the colors. Most notibly, the Black. Look at that difference. Once you switch to a Super AMOLED Screen, the difference is apparent thereafter. I love my 5" Screen, But if another Streak was made that had a smaller housing with the same screen in Super AMOLED I seriously wouldnt mind dropping a good amount on that device.

Plus, now that I have owned a Captivate and a Streak, im starting to learn towards only wanting phones or tablets with Gorilla Glass because of the feeling of it. Little things like that make big difference for people including myself.

Edited by Terrigno

Guest cowballz
Amoled? Hold a Galaxy S phone next to the Dell Streak. Samsung Captivate for example. Look at the colors. Most notibly, the Black. Look at that difference. Once you switch to a Super AMOLED Screen, the difference is apparent thereafter. I love my 5" Screen, But if another Streak was made that had a smaller housing with the same screen in Super AMOLED I seriously wouldnt mind dropping a good amount on that device.

Plus, now that I have owned a Captivate and a Streak, im starting to learn towards only wanting phones or tablets with Gorilla Glass because of the feeling of it. Little things like that make big difference for people including myself.

Exactly my point i was trying to make. I dont know where people come from.saying dells old lcd tech( which is good) has better quality than a samoled , thats just crazy talk , samoled angles are superb aswell

Guest popetodd

Really.

So you are saying a 4" samoled is better than the 5" screen real estate that the Streak has?

Seriously?

Look, I bought this device because of the screen size.

The resolution and contrast are superb for a hand held device and honestly comparing it side by side with an IPhoney4 the differences are so minimal as to be meaningless in practice, that means the difference between our screens and the Galaxy S are even less given that they are same resolution (and again the Galaxy S has 20% LESS screen space at the same resolution doesn't it?). If you are going to get all up in arms about such minor differences that you would prefer a screen with 20% less display area in order to be able to display fonts clearly in sizes that require a magnifying glass to see then by all means get yourself one of these 4" super screens and move on.

Your argument about the superiority of samoled over what we have in our Streaks is pretty weak as a practical argument, as I and others are pointing out the differences are not there in practical terms and only really exist as exercises in specification bragging rights.

And as we all know such exercises are meaningless in the real world as specification differences such as this aren't nearly as dramatic as the fan bois of them would have us believe.

Edited by popetodd