I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom for the Advent Vega! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have an Advent Vega. And a computer.
Features Included (many optional via the Online Kitchen)
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- Includes 'Performance Pack v2' speed optimisations using Nvidia SDK components and other tweaks and improvements. It's fast!
- Includes MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK)
- Full Google experience including Car Home, Calendar, Contacts, Genie (News and Weather), Gmail, Maps with Street View, Market, Talk, Voice Search and YouTube
- All Google components are running the latest release
- Custom configuration to show ALL apps in the Android Market
- Distinct multitouch permissions for Google Maps rotation support
- Spare Parts application from the official Tegra Developer Kit
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- Recovery reboot utility
- USB Mode switch utility
- Screen calibration utility
- 'Small Notification Bar' (it looks goooood!) with half height notification bar but full width buttons.
- ADW Launcher
- 'terminfo' configuration in boot image - apps like 'nano' are now be usable
- Patched wpa_supplicant for ad-hoc support
- Touch optimisations
- Does not include Adobe Flash - install from the Android Market
- Themers - this ROM is signed with the SDK Platform certs
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM (without using ClockworkMod recovery):
- Ensure you have USB debugging enabled on your device (enabled in Settings->Applications->Development)
- If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and extract on your Windows PC, Linux PC or Mac
- Connect your device to your PC
- At a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate
- Wait for your device to reboot!
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
- r8 (default kitchen options below) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: c7c86fb9d5929c012d7d3ba87da0a872
- A online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens.