• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

ry2887

ry2887

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000L
I totally experienced the Samsung Apps Update issue, thanks for posting about it.

Quick question:
Where did the IM Application go? Is it included in this kitchen? If not, is there a way to install it manually?

cjm106

cjm106

• MoDaCo Gold
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Streak, San Fran, GTab, Nook

Thanks, mine says read only, is there a simple way around that?

Kev

You need to use a filemanager that has root read/write privileges to delete the apk. I use root explorer from the market but theres a fair few alternatives available.

HDWD

HDWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Tab & Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@HDWD
I just dove in and did this whole root thing and flashed this ROM. First time I have done this on any of my previous Android devices... Had a few problems initially, just because I had no real idea what I was doing, but eventually got it up and running and it's quite slick. Noticably faster than stock rom.

I've been reading through this thread numerous times to try and find pitfalls and known probs. Happy to see similar ones to what I have found, at least I know I'm on the right track. And thanks to everyone for discussing solutions.

Cheers.

HDWD

HDWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
One thing that I can't seem to work out is Tweetdeck doesn't seem to be auto updating, even though I have configured each column to update at set intervals, just like I had done previously...

shepperd

shepperd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy tab
I also cannot access Samsung update, with the same message. The installed file manager doesn't show the file in question to be deleted but I assume something like Root Explorer will show it? I'm also assuming that Samsung updates will not alter Paul's Rom? Newbie questions! On another matter, I seem to have two Wi-fi indicators and I haven't a clue as to why! They look different but appear to react the same. Maybe one is the phone-network indicator (althought it stays there even without the SIM card)?
I found the answer to the first question: I found something called AndRootFile on the web. It gives root SU privileges. Deleted the file in question and presto! Samsung Apps works. The joke is on me because there's absolutly nothing in there worth mentioning. Well it's the principle of the thing though, isn't it? If you're an idiot like me, DON'T fool around inside the system files with AndRootFile because like any Unix-based system, you can do real damage and finding your way back is extreemly difficult.
I would be sooo pleased if someone found a way to increase the time-out of those pesky virtuel buttons. It's ridiculous how quickly they shut off. Thanks for all the good work and advice.

Edited by shepperd, 25 March 2011 - 06:59 AM.

HDWD

HDWD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My Samsung Apps thing was fixed by installing the Root File Manager and deleting the file mentioned earlier in the thread...

Was wondering what the solution was with the Car Mode, though... Anyone? Should I just get a replacement from the market?

dominationk1

dominationk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:nexus one

Very nice, feels all very smooth.

was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, but the game "tank hero" has not worked since beta 1 and even after full wipes it force closes as soon as i hit the icon. its a really cool game and its a pity it dosent work at all.

can use it with verizon usa.. or is just for gsm????

Desertfox3363

Desertfox3363

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Paul,

I signed up for MoDaCo Ad Free because I wanted my provider-unlocked Galaxy Tab to have a different ROM and to try out the ones that are in the kitchen (hate some of the apps that came with my Tab). I have rooted using SuperOneClickV1.7 and installed ROM Manager. I was following your instructions above and "Rebooted into Recovery" from ROM Manager but there was no "Nandroid Backup" or any backup option available from the menu ! The only options I get are: 1) reboot system now; 2) apply sdcard:update.zip; 3) wipe data/factory reset; and 4) wipe cache partition.

I'm stuck and wouldn't want to continue until I know that I have a backup in place in case something goes wrong. Please let me know how to proceed. Any advise/tip/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Romel

UKJeeper

UKJeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Having an odd problem. I've successfully installed Pauls kernel and the custom rom. However now the Tab is not 'seeing' the phone/3g part. WiFi's fine. just the GSM part. Baseband is shown as 'unknown'. Is there a modem.bin i can access?

Any help please?

Edit. Never mind, found it. All sorted.

Edited by UKJeeper, 27 March 2011 - 04:57 PM.

John Denn

John Denn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
can i use this on galaxy tab-wifi only or gt-p1010

budalica

budalica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy tab + HTC HD2

I have tried the kernel rfs and ext4 convert and both fail in odin and also this rom with ext4 convert but i cant get cwm to work it just will not install is this because i have samfirmware JMI rom installed after i bricked it trying to do the rfs kernel first how can i rectify this
mifran

Maybe this comes late maybe you fixed it .... get a load of this

http://theunlockr.co...xy-tab-how-tos/

tralivali

tralivali

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8310
I wanted to fix the GPS.
I enter *#*#3214789650#*#*
It shows me a message: com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp stopped.
And I get nothing.

It seems LbaTestMode does not work.
Why?
I'm using the latest Modaco kitchen firmware.

budalica

budalica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy tab + HTC HD2
I love the rom . There is virtually no FCS and no errors and it's fast .. BUT . The screen is little jerky when you move it up and down and on the browser . any way to increase FPS or smooth out a screen somehow ??

Eclipseman1980

Eclipseman1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy TAB
I KEEP GETTING
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

What am i doing wrong

scottN0H

scottN0H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung galaxy tab
I bought my tab last february from ebay.
It was rooted by previous user using MoDaCo Rom. I have used it very well.
I can make and receive a call by this thab.(I'm tmobile user)

But...
I taped the button "factory data reset!" few days ago.
After that, phone calls and receiving calls are still working. On the contrary, there is no button "Market", I also cannot install some applications using "*.apk" files. What's the problem??
I am not good at rooting or hacking this android device, but I am trying to act for my tab.
can you help me? :mellow:

Edited by scottN0H, 28 April 2011 - 06:30 PM.

stevenz

stevenz

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Tinkering
  • Devices:OG Tab, Note, Touchpad, N7
  • Twitter:@KnightNZ

I KEEP GETTING
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted
What am i doing wrong

a) Don't quote 2 screens of text to merely add a few lines.

:mellow: Check the md5 on the file to make sure it matches (http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/) - if not, try redownloading it, I've found that the fileservers here often drop out before downloads complete.

Motorcycling watchmaker.

stevenz

stevenz

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Tinkering
  • Devices:OG Tab, Note, Touchpad, N7
  • Twitter:@KnightNZ

I bought my tab last february from ebay.
It was rooted by previous user using MoDaCo Rom. I have used it very well.
I can make and receive a call by this thab.(I'm tmobile user)

But...
I taped the button "factory data reset!" few days ago.
After that, phone calls and receiving calls are still working. On the contrary, there is no button "Market", I also cannot install some applications using "*.apk" files. What's the problem??
I am not good at rooting or hacking this android device, but I am trying to act for my tab.
can you help me? :mellow:

Seeing as you're posting in a ROM topic, why not download and reflash the ROM? It sounds like something strange has been done to it. The instructions are pretty straightforward as per the original post.

About the only thing you need to know is turning the tab on while holding down the volume-up button puts it into recovery mode.

Motorcycling watchmaker.

seanchk

seanchk

HK > BKK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-P1000 International
Oh boy am I having problems....

Earlier today I successfully upgraded my Galaxy Tab to use the overcome rom, played around with that a bit then thought I'd try the MoDaCo rom (mainly because I liked the idea of baking a rom *without* all the apps that Samsung include)

So I paid my 29.99 and downloaded a new rom

Followed all the instructions but got stuck when recovery said it couldn't mount /sdcard

Now my phone seems to be bricked....

I'm stuck (or rather it is) on the Samsung screen and just keeps sitting there with the occasional flash (which I assume is it looping)

Can someone please help as this is my only phone and without it I am stuck big time :-(

Thanks in advance

Sean

jda180

jda180

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Tab

Oh boy am I having problems....

Earlier today I successfully upgraded my Galaxy Tab to use the overcome rom, played around with that a bit then thought I'd try the MoDaCo rom (mainly because I liked the idea of baking a rom *without* all the apps that Samsung include)
Followed all the instructions but got stuck when recovery said it couldn't mount /sdcard

Silly question - you had a large enough external sd-card inserted?
And made a backup first?

Try recovering to your previous ROM...

Jonathan

seanchk

seanchk

HK > BKK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-P1000 International

Silly question - you had a large enough external sd-card inserted?
And made a backup first?

Try recovering to your previous ROM...

Jonathan

I had no external SD-Card inserted, there was nothing to say I needed one and I had already read about flashing other roms with no mention of needing an external SD card.
I had also successfully 'upgraded' my tab with another rom so I was pretty confident that I knew what I was doing and could follow the instructions.

I had a backup (registered titanium backup and the nandroid backup from recovery)... of course they are no longer relevant.

My Tab is now stuck on the 'phone - warning - PC' screen

I've read every thing I can find on fixing this and nothing helps.

Odin won't see it, Kies won't see it

This really sucks :-(

Its 5am and I have a 10am meeting..... can't sleep though cos I need my phone working

Thanks for the comment

Sean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users