About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed either via ROM Manager or using my MCK flash via Odin.
Features Included (many optional via the Online Kitchen)
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) r3 now included - performance tweaks and support for /etc/init.d
- Auto EXT4 conversion on install
- Additional schedulers and governors
- Reboot on power button menu
- Full width Swype
- Additional Gingerbread sounds (notifications, ringtones etc.)
- Latest APN list from the cyanogenmod repository (user request)
- Semi-transparent notification pulldown
- All Google components are running the latest release
- Spare Parts
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- 'terminfo' configuration in boot image - apps like 'nano' are now be usable
- Based on the XWJMI release
- Themers - this ROM is signed with the SDK Platform certs
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - your device will auto convert to EXT4 on installation. You MUST have a microSD installed with enough space to back up your /data and /system partitions!
You MUST select the 'wipe' version when installing this ROM UNLESS you are upgrading from a previous Beta or full release. If you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
- r1 (default kitchen options below - non wipe - only use if upgrading a previous release / Beta) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 6c348750901497b2a519361e439bfe31
- r1 (default kitchen options below - auto wipe - use this if you are not upgrading from a previous release / Beta) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 8b53de78acea9e9cee4dea10f554b4ba
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens.