hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

other difference i've found is the kernel config

diff bad/config good/config 4c4< # Fri Dec 24 03:01:51 2010---> # Fri Jan 21 19:54:32 20111112c1112,1115< # CONFIG_MT9P111 is not set---> CONFIG_MT9P111=y> # CONFIG_MT9P111_MCNEX is not set> CONFIG_MT9P111_SAMSUNG_FPC=y> # CONFIG_MT9P111_SAMSUNG_SOCKET is not set

so a boot.img that sets the 5.0 mp camera found in other blades fixes the touchscreen issues?

Revik

Revik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

so a boot.img that sets the 5.0 mp camera found in other blades fixes the touchscreen issues?

I was trying to take kernel from one ROM to another to be sure that the case in kernel only, but have a problem with building new boot.img.

Red Beaver

Red Beaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hey

I bought a Gen2 ZTE Blade last week and yesterday I flashed it using the the latest CyanogenMod (7.0.0 Stable-something, gingerbread). During the bootup the CyanogenMod logo is showed and then the normal "first-time-using-a-android-phone-screen" appears with the following options: Emergency call, Change Language and touch the Android to start. Sometimes the white hand that is pointing at the android is shown, sometimes it hangs while moving across the screen and sometimes I cant see it at all.

Here I cant do anything, the touch doesnt work and I few seconds later I get thrown back to the CyanogenMod logo and then after a while I get the "first-time-using-a-android-phone-screen" again and the touch still doesnt work. It will continue doing this loop till I pull the battery. When I boot it up again I get the same result as earlier.

Is this the same problem as you guys have? I dont know if my problem is because of faulty touch or because the phone hangs considering the white hand that sometimes get stuck and the fact that i get thrown back to the CyanogenMod-loading screen?

xondrax

xondrax

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510 4.1.1 Stock
Red Beaver:
Cos this CyanogenMod (7.0.0 Stable) ISN´T made for Gen2 ...

Red Beaver

Red Beaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Red Beaver:
Cos this CyanogenMod (7.0.0 Stable) ISN´T made for Gen2 ...

I know but I used Kallt Kaffes fix:
http://android.modac...n-a-gen2-phone/

RamanRB

RamanRB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Orange San Francisco
How was you able to compare these images? What if we repack CM7 image? I believe we need to recompile boot.img then as kernel config changes are not instant. If there are reference to the module, perhaps we may just copy it from the stock firmware? mt9p111 refer to Sensor so perhaps it is not our case as touchscreen works in some rare cases (when you play with battery, etc.). On other hand if sensor locking it may explain why we seen touchscreen disabled - system assume proximity sensor in effect and doesn't allow us to use sensor.

Revik

Revik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

How was you able to compare these images? What if we repack CM7 image? I believe we need to recompile boot.img then as kernel config changes are not instant. If there are reference to the module, perhaps we may just copy it from the stock firmware? mt9p111 refer to Sensor so perhaps it is not our case as touchscreen works in some rare cases (when you play with battery, etc.). On other hand if sensor locking it may explain why we seen touchscreen disabled - system assume proximity sensor in effect and doesn't allow us to use sensor.

http://android-dls.c...ack_Boot_Images
this is HOW-TO for unpacking images.

CM7 have different kernel version, and config is also different. So it is not so easy to recompile boot.img..

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

mt9p111 is the 5.0mp camera sensor module

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
After further investigation, it seems they didn't change a damn thing in the synaptics_i2c_rmi driver itself - the disassembly is identical. Whatever we have to do to make it work, it must be somewhere else.

mrradmir

mrradmir

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:OSF [GEN2]

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I finally figured out what the problem is (on my device, at least): for some reason, the touchscreen controller is in the wrong mode (bootloader mode, due to configuration CRC failure) when booting. A reset fixes it for me.

BUT: This is not an exact copy of what the ZTE kernel does, since I haven't been able to find their changes. It's possible that they actually configure something and my kernel doesn't work for everybody. So please test it and report whether or not it works for you!

Note: The initramfs is from Swedish Spring RLS4b and I haven't tried it with anything else. But if it does indeed fix the problem reliably, the same kernel changes will work for every custom ROM.

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/93YKJDK5ZI

Edit: new link, since the old one can't work on Gen2 phones

Attached Files

Edited by leromarinvit, 13 April 2011 - 02:27 AM.

ahac85

ahac85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE
  • Twitter:@nonn
hi i just rooted today flashed froyo only to learn that my touchscreen stopped working, i flashed orange stock firmware unsigned version and then rebooted still nothing, left phone off and on charge for 30mins and then tryed booting and everything is working fine, then tried flashing again and again, screen is still working?? guess am lucky but it was kinda strange

ps. im using Swedish Spring RLS4b rom no other changes

Edited by ahac85, 13 April 2011 - 12:29 AM.

3lackhawk

3lackhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300

I finally figured out what the problem is (on my device, at least): for some reason, the touchscreen controller is in the wrong mode (bootloader mode, due to configuration CRC failure) when booting. A reset fixes it for me.

BUT: This is not an exact copy of what the ZTE kernel does, since I haven't been able to find their changes. It's possible that they actually configure something and my kernel doesn't work for everybody. So please test it and report whether or not it works for you!

Note: The initramfs is from Swedish Spring RLS4b and I haven't tried it with anything else. But if it does indeed fix the problem reliably, the same kernel changes will work for every custom ROM.

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/93YKJDK5ZI

Edit: new link, since the old one can't work on Gen2 phones

What a happy morning for me :) I tried your modified image on my blade and it's seems to be working :)

You are the Hero of the Blade users who can't use Froyo still now :)

Thank you so much to share this!!!!!

Nokia 3650->N73->N82->N5800->ZTE Blade ->Motorola Defy->Galaxy S->Huawei Y300 with MIUI rom

Pidgey

Pidgey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Basketball, Chiro, Elektronix
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/ San Fransisco
Hey!
I've got the same problem (touchscreen doesnt work after installing Swedish Froyo thing or Gingerbread...)

How do i install the kernel patch?

//edit: And what is the "Swedish Spring RLS..." you've uploaded? It's only 6MB, while the original Swedish Spring ROM is more than 80MB... ?

Edited by Pidgey, 13 April 2011 - 08:32 AM.

3lackhawk

3lackhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hey!
I've got the same problem (touchscreen doesnt work after installing Swedish Froyo thing or Gingerbread...)

How do i install the kernel patch?

//edit: And what is the "Swedish Spring RLS..." you've uploaded? It's only 6MB, while the original Swedish Spring ROM is more than 80MB... ?

Because this is just an update for RLS4

Download the original RLS4 and then do the same when you install a custom rom and after that install the uploaded update for RLS4

Edited by 3lackhawk, 13 April 2011 - 08:48 AM.

Nokia 3650->N73->N82->N5800->ZTE Blade ->Motorola Defy->Galaxy S->Huawei Y300 with MIUI rom

Pidgey

Pidgey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Because this is just an update for RLS4

Download the original RLS4 and then do the same when you install a custom rom and after that install the uploaded update for RLS4

Ok, I've installed CyanoMod7 -> touchscreen doesnt work. If I try to install the 'kernel_patch', I get 'Installation aborted'

I'm going to try Swedish mod now :)

(P.S. I have Build B02)

//EDIT:
I have installed Swedish Spring AND the update leromarinvit has posted, and ............... it WORKS!!

Thanks a lot!! :) :P :)

Edited by Pidgey, 13 April 2011 - 09:01 AM.

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Ok, I've installed CyanoMod7 -> touchscreen doesnt work. If I try to install the 'kernel_patch', I get 'Installation aborted'

I'm going to try Swedish mod now :)

kernel_patch.zip isn't flashable, that's just the patch for the kernel source. 3lackhawk is correct, you have to install Swedish_Spring_RLS4b_B10_Test.zip as an update after the normal Swedish Spring install, since it contains just the kernel itself. I should have been clearer about that.

(P.S. I have Build B02)

Me too (Hofer/YESSS), so it should work.

Pidgey

Pidgey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

kernel_patch.zip isn't flashable, that's just the patch for the kernel source. 3lackhawk is correct, you have to install Swedish_Spring_RLS4b_B10_Test.zip as an update after the normal Swedish Spring install, since it contains just the kernel itself. I should have been clearer about that.
Me too (Hofer/YESSS), so it should work.

Yeyeyeyye It worked!^^
I have Swedish Spring now (Stable, I've rebooted 2 times and touchscreen keeps working^^)

Thanks a lot!^^

leromarinvit

leromarinvit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I got a PM asking me how I did it, and thought I'd post it here in case other people are interested too:

The first clue was that whenever the touchscreen wasn't working, the X/Y range would be "unknown" in logcat. I tried manually setting it in the initialization routine, but that didn't work either: no matter what I wrote to these registers, they would always read back 0. So I tried to make sense of the Synaptics RMI4 documentation, and was quite annoyed that it doesn't contain a useful register map, only functional descriptions of the various registers.

As it turns out, that was actually quite helpful for getting me on the right track. Synaptics devices are logically organized in "functions", where each has an ID and its own register blocks. And there's a table which describes the available functions. Wanting to know the address ranges so I could poke around some more, I enumerated them - and saw that only the flash management function was active. From there on it was easy, I read up about this bootloader mode and how to reset the chip and tried it, and it worked. :)

3lackhawk

3lackhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I got a PM asking me how I did it, and thought I'd post it here in case other people are interested too:

The first clue was that whenever the touchscreen wasn't working, the X/Y range would be "unknown" in logcat. I tried manually setting it in the initialization routine, but that didn't work either: no matter what I wrote to these registers, they would always read back 0. So I tried to make sense of the Synaptics RMI4 documentation, and was quite annoyed that it doesn't contain a useful register map, only functional descriptions of the various registers.

As it turns out, that was actually quite helpful for getting me on the right track. Synaptics devices are logically organized in "functions", where each has an ID and its own register blocks. And there's a table which describes the available functions. Wanting to know the address ranges so I could poke around some more, I enumerated them - and saw that only the flash management function was active. From there on it was easy, I read up about this bootloader mode and how to reset the chip and tried it, and it worked. :)

You were in a very deep expert level :)
Thanks the explanation too !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users