Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 - Contacts US format numbers

Guest evsy

Hi

A newbie I'm afraid.

I've done in-depth searches here and on the web so I've resorted to a forum question hoping that you guys may have a solution.

I finally bit the bullet and installed FroYo the Japanese Jelly flavour at the weekend. I've managed to customise most features as I would like but unfortunately can't seem to fix the American format ie dashes in the telephone number within contacts.

I've tried the More Locale2 fix as mentioned on various forums but doesn't seem to work for me.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Edited by evsy

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Same here - I'm not sure if its a feature of android but it would be nice if that was done. Australians have a different format.

I remember reading on a forum somewhere that the iPhone did that?

Guest oh!dougal
Hi

A newbie I'm afraid.

I've done in-depth searches here and on the web so I've resorted to a forum question hoping that you guys may have a solution.

I finally bit the bullet and installed FroYo the Japanese Jelly flavour at the weekend. I've managed to customise most features as I would like but unfortunately can't seem to fix the American format ie dashes in the telephone number within contacts.

I've tried the More Locale2 fix as mentioned on various forums but doesn't seem to work for me.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

It should be really simple. From the home screen, press Menu, and tap Settings.

In settings, scroll down to Language and Keyboard. Tap it. In the screen that opens, the top item should be Select Language. I'll bet you have English (United States) as your setting. Tap it and scroll down the list, and then select English (United Kingdom).

Umm, that should be it.

Same here - I'm not sure if its a feature of android but it would be nice if that was done. Australians have a different format.

Unless you are Australian, when you should select English (Australia) ...

It should be really simple. From the home screen, press Menu, and tap Settings.

In settings, scroll down to Language and Keyboard. Tap it. In the screen that opens, the top item should be Select Language. I'll bet you have English (United States) as your setting. Tap it and scroll down the list, and then select English (United Kingdom).

Umm, that should be it.

Unless you are Australian, when you should select English (Australia) ...

Hi thank you very much for getting back to me and your advice.

Unfortunately I've already tried that and the dashes are still there!

I've also tried running the Contacts Clean-up app which does remove the dashes but then prefixes the number with a +.

I will also just add that with dashes or the + the numbers are dialable or textable but it's just the inconsistency that irritates me!

Thanks again.

Guest oh!dougal

Unfortunately I've already tried that and the dashes are still there!

Yesterday, I had restored JJ7 temporarily for another reason to do with Market (signatures, don't bother).

Anyway, before I posted that, I checked, and setting JJ7 to US introduced those dashes for me, and they were removed by setting it back to UK.

My suspicion is that by doing other stuff you have either messed up your data or patched the contacts app so that it is no longer getting its preference from the system setting. Possibly your 'cleaning" has forced them into US format.

I don't know what you have managed to do - but I do know that it is absolutely NOTHING to do with JJ ... :P