Link2SD

Guest PaulOBrien

link2sd1.pnglink2sd2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's Featured Apps', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Link2SD

What they say

Link2SD is an application that makes it easy for Android users with root privileges on their phone to move applications to the SD card.

The idea behind is same with apps2sd scripts, linking applications to SD card ext2 partition but differs in two ways.

One, instead of linking /data/app folder (that means moving all applications), you can select applications that you want to move.
Two, its an application which means has a user interface. You can manage your applications, create or remove links with just one click.

Features:
- Creates and removes link for application you select
- Lists applications, shows they are linked or not
- Sorts and filters applications
- Displays available space information of phone, SD card and SD card ext2 partition.
- Repairs missing Market applications

What you need:
- root permission.
- ext2 partition on your SD card. 2 partitions set up, first FAT32 and second ext2, both are primary.
- Thats all. Just install Link2SD, it will do all necessary. No need to copy files or run scripts*.

What we say

Old skool A2SD on a per app basis. Excellent. :P

Permissions

ROOT / modify/delete SD card contents / measure application storage space

Download

View Link2SD at AppBrain or the Android Market website.

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

link2sd.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.40 (25 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

n/a

Suggested improvements for the next version

n/a

Have your say

Fan of Link2SD? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :D

Guest liamwilli2

link2sd1.pnglink2sd2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's Featured Apps', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Link2SD

What they say

What we say

Old skool A2SD on a per app basis. Excellent. :huh:

Permissions

ROOT / modify/delete SD card contents / measure application storage space

Download

View Link2SD at AppBrain or the Android Market website.

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

link2sd.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.40 (25 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

n/a

Suggested improvements for the next version

n/a

Have your say

Fan of Link2SD? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

This app is one of the best ones available - easily lets you move apps to sdcrad on lg gt540 and probably on loads of other androids as well - it was a bit tricky figuring out how to get the second partition - but when i did - it worked great.

THIS APP IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!! :P :D :P

• 1 month later...
Guest snozze

Okey, now I don't know what to do.

I've Formatted my 16GBSD-card using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, created a Primary FAT32 for the full SD.

Resized it (tried different sizes for the Ext2 partition from 1gb - 10gb) and both partitions are Primary. Still I get a message saying "Second partition not found on your SD-card"

I've even reformatted the SD to 16gb FAT32 and tried partition in CWM, nothing works. What to do?!

Cheers!

Guest chockimon
Okey, now I don't know what to do.

I've Formatted my 16GBSD-card using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, created a Primary FAT32 for the full SD.

Resized it (tried different sizes for the Ext2 partition from 1gb - 10gb) and both partitions are Primary. Still I get a message saying "Second partition not found on your SD-card"

I've even reformatted the SD to 16gb FAT32 and tried partition in CWM, nothing works. What to do?!

Cheers!

I had the same problem the first time I opened Link2SD, but after I rebooted it worked.

Here's a thread all about Link2SD that might help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326

Edited by chockimon

• 4 months later...