mouse cursor gone

Guest Sean McTaggart

Guest stevesilk51

Hi tylordurton,

Understand your reluctance to spend money. I already had root explorer so that worked for me. I'll try looking for other root installer type software and get back to you.

Regards

steve

Guest stevesilk51

Hi again tylordurton,

Well I've searched the market and tried several free other file/root managers but without success.

My point of view is that it has been handy for me on several occasions.

Might be worth asking someone with more experience that me, I could easily be missing something obvious.

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest tylordurton
Well I've searched the market and tried several free other file/root managers but without success.

My point of view is that it has been handy for me on several occasions.

Might be worth asking someone with more experience that me, I could easily be missing something obvious.

Appreciate your efforts Steve

Appreciate your efforts Steve

download terminal emulator, you can do everything you want with commands in there. Little more complicated maybe, but still.

This is a guess at the commands, but here goes:

su

cp /mnt/sdcard/com.nvidia.graphics.jar /system/framework/com.nvidia.graphics.jar

Something like that should do what you want :D

Zeb

Guest tylordurton
download terminal emulator, you can do everything you want with commands in there. Little more complicated maybe, but still.

This is a guess at the commands, but here goes:

su

cp /mnt/sdcard/com.nvidia.graphics.jar /system/framework/com.nvidia.graphics.jar

Something like that should do what you want :D

Zeb

Don't suppose you have a link to the download, lots of references on the web but no clear links to a download!

Guest merlin_1492
Apologies just figured that out, successfully copied the file and now have the cursor back - thanks a million

:-)

I was refering to htcmania forum...But seeing that you have achieved the cursor, nothing to say...:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest motophiliac

I thought the same thing although I am toying with the idea of plugging into my TV via the HDMI out on the dock (which is a good purchase. It makes plugging it in to charge lots easier and spares the rather flimsy cable from being ab/used) and using a remote keyboard/mousepad as a controller from the comfort of a couch. The dock has three USB connections and in host mode, this would allow the Vega to charge, connect to a keyboard and show up on the TV just by plugging it into the dock.

If I ever get all of this organised, I'll report back and let folks know.

BTW, does anyone know if the mouse cursor can actually be changed to something a bit more visible, like across the room on a TV visible?

Guest ramfan007

Im having real trouble with this. I have the"com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file in sytem/framework but Im still not seeing the mouse cursor. Ive made sure that USB is set to host as aposed to slave and have tried a number of different mice. Key board works fine. The vega is recognising the mouse as I can open applications and scroll at times, but without a cursor it is imposible to use.

Please can anyone help

Thanks

Ram

Im having real trouble with this. I have the"com.nvidia.graphics.jar" file in sytem/framework but Im still not seeing the mouse cursor. Ive made sure that USB is set to host as aposed to slave and have tried a number of different mice. Key board works fine. The vega is recognising the mouse as I can open applications and scroll at times, but without a cursor it is imposible to use.

Please can anyone help

Thanks

Ram

Make sure the permissions are right on the jar file. They need to be the same as the other jar files in this directory. By permissions I mean rwx type file permissions.

Edited by d45h

Guest ramfan007
Make sure the permissions are right on the jar file. They need to be the same as the other jar files in this directory. By permissions I mean rwx type file permissions.

Im new to this, how exactly would I check this and change them if necessary

thanks

ram

Guest clive_j
Im new to this, how exactly would I check this and change them if necessary

thanks

ram

Well this is what I did .....downloaded Terminal Emulator and Super User from Market (free) then ran Terminal Emulator and issued the following commands

su

(Gave elevation to super user status)

cd /system/framework

cp {path}/com.nvidia.graphics.jar . [substitute actual path to file for {path} eg cp /tmp/com.nvidia.graphics.jar .]

ls -la

However on the Vega (or is it an Android feature) -la doesn't work I get the error message -la: no such file or directory!

ls lists the contents but how do I display permissions?

Normally you would type something like..

chmod 755 com.nvidia.graphics.jar

but since I couldn't find the other permissions I didn't change anything however it did work fine so thanks for the file and info

CJ

Guest ramfan007

:D Yes im sorted, believe it or not i just deleted the file from systems/framework and copied it back again. It was so simple but I did find a nice little app in the process its called "super manager" and its free from the market, it allows you to do all sorts of file management, its a bit nifty for this type of thing.

cheers all

ram

:(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bestialbub

ls -l should work just fine in an android shell. the other options don't always work from device to device.

i'd be less concerned with the permissions, they should likely just be 644, but you need to make sure you have the PERMISSIONS file in /system/etc/permissions, the file name matching com.nvidia.graphics.xml

i'm guessing from your discussion that it should already be there for your device. its not for mine (elocity a7/nvtegra2 based)

Well this is what I did .....downloaded Terminal Emulator and Super User from Market (free) then ran Terminal Emulator and issued the following commands

su

(Gave elevation to super user status)

cd /system/framework

cp {path}/com.nvidia.graphics.jar . [substitute actual path to file for {path} eg cp /tmp/com.nvidia.graphics.jar .]

ls -la

However on the Vega (or is it an Android feature) -la doesn't work I get the error message -la: no such file or directory!

ls lists the contents but how do I display permissions?

Normally you would type something like..

chmod 755 com.nvidia.graphics.jar

but since I couldn't find the other permissions I didn't change anything however it did work fine so thanks for the file and info

CJ

com.nvidia.graphics.xml

• 4 weeks later...
Guest strick242
Aaaand, fixed :mellow:

Flash this little baby in Recovery and your friendly little X cursor will be back and raring to do your bidding.

All tested, seems to be working fine for me in normal VEGA use and while playing Worms :o

Zeb

I have a question? I tried this fix on my gTab running CM7 and it works great with one caveat. If I disconnect or turn off my bluetooth mouse, then reconnect the mouse won't work on the whole screen. It only works for about the center third, almost as if it thinks it has hit its boundaries there. Any idea how I would go about correcting this?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest highonrocks
Thanks Newbe5,

Just used "Root Explorer" to copy/paste the com.nvidia.display.rar file (after using androzip to extract) to sytem/framework.

Cursor Back.

BTW : Having the mouse/cursor is very useful if you intend running via HMDI to a large screen LCD TV as you can look at the LCD TV screen to navigate with a cursor which you cannot without one, .... not sure if I'm making sense there?

Superb. Worked like a dream...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TiRich

Hello guys

totally new here but getting to grips with the vega!

I have copied the file across but still no mouse cursor is visible - any ideas?

Guest beegee1962
Hello guys

totally new here but getting to grips with the vega!

I have copied the file across but still no mouse cursor is visible - any ideas?

Which ROM are you using?

Did you restart the tablet?

• 1 month later...
Guest Michael74

Good evening

Had my Vega for a long while now.

I'm on Pauls R8. Got a dock today and suprisingly no mouse pointer. Newbie5 says copy the file and load it in recovery, could someone put up a step by step guide how to do this please? Tried the other methods but my knowledge is as thin as Rupert Murdochs "I have no knowledge" statement

I have been fighting this all day and the Vega nearly went out of the window lol

Please help

Michael

Guest premieral

Good evening

Had my Vega for a long while now.

I'm on Pauls R8. Got a dock today and suprisingly no mouse pointer. Newbie5 says copy the file and load it in recovery, could someone put up a step by step guide how to do this please? Tried the other methods but my knowledge is as thin as Rupert Murdochs "I have no knowledge" statement

I have been fighting this all day and the Vega nearly went out of the window lol

Please help

Michael

To flash from recovery you need clockwork mod recovery installed. Then choose install from zip ( i think ) point it to the zip file you want to flash and select..............voila!

if you dont have clockwork mod recovery and you are in pauls mcr8 i would suggest download vegatools to your pc and install it with this as it is a beautifully simple tool.

good luck