Help installing customer Rom

Guest bluecat69

Guest bluecat69

Right then, i used to have a Hero and rooted it and installed Pauls Rom (which were great just what the phone needed), no i have a Desire HD and i'm a bit confused at the rooting process. Now i understand that it needs to be rooted and S-Off set. SO from reading all the information on the threads i could do with some help clearing up a few things. So here's the process as i currently understand it.

TO install Paul's custom ROM i need to have the Custom Recovery Tool (Clockwork Mod) installed.

TO install the Clockwork Mod i need to have ENG HBOOT installed and S-OFF

To install ENG HBOOT i either:

a) install the Android Terminal Emulator from the Market and extract the file from XDA thread to the SD card and follow the instructions or:

:D install Visionary+ R12 or higher.

Ok so which is best to do a or b?

I have UK Tmobile DHD with the following details:

Android version 2.2

Software number 1.39.110.1

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest mattlcfc
Right then, i used to have a Hero and rooted it and installed Pauls Rom (which were great just what the phone needed), no i have a Desire HD and i'm a bit confused at the rooting process. Now i understand that it needs to be rooted and S-Off set. SO from reading all the information on the threads i could do with some help clearing up a few things. So here's the process as i currently understand it.

TO install Paul's custom ROM i need to have the Custom Recovery Tool (Clockwork Mod) installed.

TO install the Clockwork Mod i need to have ENG HBOOT installed and S-OFF

To install ENG HBOOT i either:

a) install the Android Terminal Emulator from the Market and extract the file from XDA thread to the SD card and follow the instructions or:

:D install Visionary+ R12 or higher.

Ok so which is best to do a or b?

I have UK Tmobile DHD with the following details:

Android version 2.2

Software number 1.39.110.1

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

I used visionary to temp then perm root

Then used one click s off at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857537

Downloaded Rom manager and installed clockwork then Rom

Guest bluecat69
I used visionary to temp then perm root

Then used one click s off at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=857537

Downloaded Rom manager and installed clockwork then Rom

What version of clockwork works then? Which one should i install, from looking at the thread it still looks a bit dodgy installing the clockaork mod. Is there any reliable way of getting a custom ROM on the phone?

Guest mattlcfc
What version of clockwork works then? Which one should i install, from looking at the thread it still looks a bit dodgy installing the clockaork mod. Is there any reliable way of getting a custom ROM on the phone?

2.5.1.4 in rom manager works a treat for me