Reboot failure

Guest NucMed

Hi All

I seem to have an issue. I thought I'd upgrade from 1.08 to 1.09 but following the recommendations on the myadventvega site I thought I'd create a backup of my current applications and settings first.

I tapped Settings, Sotware tool, Application back up, and put in a name. Then I pressed ok at which point the Vega shut down but then didn't reboot - it just gets as far as a backlit black screen. I've tried holding down the power for 6 seconds to manually reboot, with the same result.

I have also tried putting the Vega into recovery mode but since I created the backup before I had installed the USB driver, recovery doesn't do anything. I probably need to manually install the USB driver on the PC but I've never done this without being prompted by the PC.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Guest warriorscot

USB drivers are included in the modaco pack. And even in recovery it still shows up as a device just a different one from when its in normal mode. A hard reboot should work and if you follow the instructions getting into recovery mode should work as well. If it doesn't work at all your Vega is broken and you need to get a new one sent out to you.