PocketDivx

Guest fcm

Again, this program is amazing. I'm getting great results with it. As regards my previous post about having to use 16mhz audio, I've found out how to select 11.025 or whatever it is, but I get an error in audio stream then. It works fine at 16khz so I'll stick to that.

One question, is there any way to navigate a movie that I'm missing? If not, do you plan to add this feature to future versions?

cheers fo a great app

Kevlar

After having lots of problems, I have now got this working. The problem was with the framerate (mentioned earlier in this thread). On VirtualDub you must go into the Video/Framerate option and set decimate to either 2 or 3 whichever gets your frame rate to around 10 frames / seconds. Then it works fine.

Looking forward to the next version.

Question, why couldn't Microsoft get a video player this good to show off their new phone with?

I am glad all of you are having success with using this and i wanne get there too :)

I am still stuck in the virtualdub tutorial, at step 9.

I do not have the option to select divx5.02 (no divx at all)

Does anybody know why, i have tried to figure it out but without luck, can ya help?

Guest jaknife2000

Hi ya.

I have encoded a file, as per the instructions on this thread.

Using Virtual dub.

EXACTLY as the 15 step english version of the intructions says.

I copy to my phone, and rename the file all ok.

BUT, when i play the file, the audio works perfectly, but i get no picture what so ever.

When i click the action button and it pauses i see a still exactly where it got stopped, and if i click the action button againm it starts for 1 second, then freezes the video again.

I am using the divx codec 5.02.

My test file is the Tenacious D - Tribute, music video, its original form was an mpg.

Within Virtualdub, it previews fine, and on my PC i can play the file perfectly, all be it smaller and rotated.

Is it an issue with the original data ? or the encoding ? or infact is it the player ?

I have got a file called "test2.avi" from the Smartphony website, and renamed it to test.avi, and that plays both audio and video perfectly.

Any advice ?

Should i try encoding an avi, to a divx ? rather than an mpg ?

Guest stillwaiting

I've managed to get as far as jaknife in so far as getting audio but no picture, but i'm now also getting a larger frame size on the spv even though it plays back on the pc at the smaller frame size.

I like everyone else await the next version of your masterful Divx player. Just hearing the audio alone beats the w/media player hands down, so i expect great things from the video playback.

I think it could quite easily match or may even surpass the demo of the samsung smartphone we had on this forum a while ago.

In the meantime i shall endeavour to get this version working properly for me as it has for others.

Many thanks for your selfless work, its very much appreciated.

P.S. I have followed the steps correctly, any help as always greatly appreciated.

Guest casper508
Hi ya.

I have encoded a file, as per the instructions on this thread.

Using Virtual dub.

EXACTLY as the 15 step english version of the intructions says.

I copy to my phone, and rename the file all ok.

BUT, when i play the file, the audio works perfectly, but i get no picture what so ever.

When i click the action button and it pauses i see a still exactly where it got stopped, and if i click the action button againm it starts for 1 second, then freezes the video again.

I am using the divx codec 5.02.

My test file is the Tenacious D - Tribute, music video, its original form was an mpg.

Within Virtualdub, it previews fine, and on my PC i can play the file perfectly, all be it smaller and rotated.

Is it an issue with the original data ? or the encoding ? or infact is it the player ?

I have got a file called "test2.avi" from the Smartphony website, and renamed it to test.avi, and that plays both audio and video perfectly.

Any advice ?

Should i try encoding an avi, to a divx ? rather than an mpg ?

In VirtualDub goto Video-->framerate and set decimate to 3.

I had the same prob b4 I read this in Akarno's post. Does work a treat. Far better than my FULLSCREEN (not quite :wink: ) method!

Cheers

Cas

Guest jaknife2000

Thank Casper, works lovely now.

Just a minor missing fact there, that should have been in the 15 step guide, an addition i think that would be necessary.

It completely froze on me, half way through the file when playing back, but that could just be the alpha version of the program.

But it DID play quite well until it did freeze, and need a battery pull.

Thanks for you help.

Cheers.

Oh I forgot to say,... when you've added the "resize" filter, set the "filter mode" to "precise bicubic (a=-1.00)", as it looks a damn site better. Especially text titles, credits etc. And if your source is interlaced (unusual, but will be if it's DV or something), put a "deinterlace, blend fields" filter at the top of the list.

Guest stillwaiting

Thanks Casper & Arkano for the tip, i've finally managed to get a picture but i'm still having trouble getting the thing to resize to the 176x220 frame size.

I've tried rotating, resizing, precise bicubic(a=-1.00), etc, but the finished video file still plays as if it should be playing on a bigger screen.

I have to say it is so much better than the w/media player

Full marks to the programmer who spent time converting this Divx Player for the SPV.

Once again any suggestions would be much appreciated.

the finished video file still plays as if it should be playing on a bigger screen.

What exactly do you mean by this bit. Is the video rotated by 90 degrees. Are you loosing parts of the image. If you press the # key it zooms the image. It seems to write this somewhere so next time you go in you are still zoomed. Try pressing the # key to see if that fixes it.

The new version will kick @ss. Its going to be great to be anywhere and watch "Almost Famous". I am waiting to use the new version hopefully Monday. If you need any help let me know.

Guest stillwaiting

Oh My God! The playback is so smooth.

The Spv is starting to show its true potential now that we have applications like this one available.

THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER

Guest Dave Gouge

Unable to get PocketMVP working get an error message "Error loading file"

Then says failed to load file check available memory. Ive got a nearly empty 128m card.

Tried several conversions, same result, tried deleating all entries in registry,and reinstalled, still the same.

Put test.avi in same dir as app, plz help.

Phone has not crashed but it wont play. :cry:

Guest coolcatshaft

I've tried everything but can't get it to work

PocketDivX starts up fine, but when i try loading the file all i get is a black screen and it appears to freeze. No sound, no picture. i've left it for a good 5 minutes, but doesn't go any further. The phone doesn't freeze though, and i can go back to the homescreen anytime i want.

Not sure whether its my phone, or the files i've encoded using VirtualDub. Can anyone post a small file that works for them that i can download and try?

Cheers for any help.

Guest coolcatshaft

ok been trying again

now i get as far as getting a dark green screen with some odd pixels here and there, and then the program freezes!

anyone else had similar problems?

Getting an error message "Error loading file reader"

Then it says 'Failed to load file, Please check available memory.'

I know a few other people are having the same problem, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Hi malloc, thanks for the new release.

One question. How do you get seek to work. I try pressing 1 and 3 but nothing happens. Do you have to set up something on the avi file. Is it something to do with the Chapter option on the menu, which does not seem to do anything.