CM7 Theme Making

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Having had a look at the CM7 theme files i know i can port my themes to them but damn...it would really take some doing. I'm wondering if there is an "easy" way as looking at the files there is a hell of a lot of stuff to do. Anyone want to drop some knowledge?

I know how to add additional resources etc but i'm wondering how do i do it from scratch? I can use another theme file as a template but i want one with less images in it to start with. A massively basic file :huh:

I'm finished babbling on now. Help people.

Guest Frankish

Yeah but that template is one for decompiling and adding images to as i can see. I guess the only way is renaming tons of files. I can't make any promises but i'm going to have some attempt at porting at least one of my themes to it. It's a 1 off thing i suppose in the long run...

I think there was a template file somewhere around this tutorial:

http://code.google.com/p/android-theme/wik...bileThemeEngine

The instructions there start off with

-START OF GUIDE x64-

We start by getting the source from T-Mobile. Open your terminal...

$ mkdir themes

$ cd themes

$ repo init -u git://github.com/tmobile/themes-platform-manifest.git -b master

$ repo sync

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch themes_generic-eng hdpi

Which means absolutely nothing to me using a Windows machine

IF it's meant to be windows cmd prompt commands what on earth is the repo command? and source build definitely would do nothing

Guest timsewell
The instructions there start off with

Which means absolutely nothing to me using a Windows machine

IF it's meant to be windows cmd prompt commands what on earth is the repo command? and source build definitely would do nothing

I think they're git bash commands - git bash being one of the applications one downloads for interacting with git repositories.