Newbie: Can I run Fruity Loops on Netbook?

Guest GoodGosh

Guest GoodGosh

Just looking at an eMachines 350 which as an Intel Atom 450 1.6ghz 512 Cache CPU and 1gb Ram and 160gb HD, would it be capapble of running Fruity Loops and watching DVD quality movies?

Sorry for the newbie question but I'm not sure if they're mainly for browsing or like laptops without dvd drives

Thanks for any advice

Edit: Sorry, I forgot I could just check the FL Studio site :huh:

Looks like I need 2ghz CPU

Edited by GoodGosh

Guest awarner

It should not have a problem depending how well the software has been written, but a netbook will generally do any basic pc function including DVD playback.

My old netbook older atom chipset did struggle with a usb tv stick and playback was poor but that was probably due to memory or lack of, even with 1.5gb

Guest GoodGosh
It should not have a problem depending how well the software has been written, but a netbook will generally do any basic pc function including DVD playback.

My old netbook older atom chipset did struggle with a usb tv stick and playback was poor but that was probably due to memory or lack of, even with 1.5gb

Hi awarner, thanks for that info. It looks like it might be borderline so I think I'll play safe and save a bit more for a laptop